• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

what did you shoot today?

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
44 on first nine, played alone on the second nine for 38 = 82.

I've had issues forever with partner "Mel" (smell). He is the biggest back stabber on earth. In any case he's "implied" in the past that I've put a ball down or gave a foot wedge. Today (after earlier watching him foot wedge a shot out away from trees) I got into it with Mel and his neighbor and other partner (retired doctor) Dan. I hit a very hard drive on the last hole that was a line drive but not too bad on length. I was hitting a TP5 ball and other balls in my pocket were different brands. There was a ball in the middle of the fairway farther down so I went over to look. It was my ball so put my hat on it and drove back. They insisted it could not be my ball even though they found no ball where they were looking. I was furious. After finishing the hole. I stopped them before getting to the back nine and confronted them on this issue. I said "do you both believe that was not my ball?" They nodded yes so I said "alright, I don't want to play with you anymore", and drove away.:mad:🤬👹

Fairwaysplitter3320

Recovering Equipment Ho...off the wagon again.
Staff member
Admin
Sep 7, 2013
Chapel Hill, TN
Country

I've had issues forever with partner "Mel" (smell). He is the biggest back stabber on earth. In any case he's "implied" in the past that I've put a ball down or gave a foot wedge. Today (after earlier watching him foot wedge a shot out away from trees) I got into it with Mel and his neighbor and other partner (retired doctor) Dan. I hit a very hard drive on the last hole that was a line drive but not too bad on length. I was hitting a TP5 ball and other balls in my pocket were different brands. There was a ball in the middle of the fairway farther down so I went over to look. It was my ball so put my hat on it and drove back. They insisted it could not be my ball even though they found no ball where they were looking. I was furious. After finishing the hole. I stopped them before getting to the back nine and confronted them on this issue. I said "do you both believe that was not my ball?" They nodded yes so I said "alright, I don't want to play with you anymore", and drove away.:mad:🤬👹
Was it your drive? 🤣🤣🤣

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country

I certainly don't blame you. Golf can be frustration enough, without playing with folks who go out of their way to make the experience even more so. Over the years, we've "excommunicated" two from our group. One of those was a habitual club thrower. Anger that endangers others... or the course... will NOT be tolerated. A third was "visited with" some years ago by the 'elder statesman' in our group and told he either needed to get a handle on his attitude or finds another group. He still plays with us and has totally changed his attitude. Good on you for just walking away! I still say you need to move down here where we play seven days/week and have a blast doing so! Of course, I know you hit your drive out of bounds on that hole instead of landing it in the fairway!!! :>)

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
Actually I hit the snot out of it thin, it was a low rocket and it hit a tree and shot out into the fairway. We could not see this though. Partners assumed it was a short "chunk".

Yesterday shot 38 and 39 for 77. No partners to piss me off.

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
Actually I hit the snot out of it thin, it was a low rocket and it hit a tree and shot out into the fairway. We could not see this though. Partners assumed it was a short "chunk".

Yesterday shot 38 and 39 for 77. No partners to piss me off.
I doubt you or anyone else can piss me off. Mel has a special talent.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Found a copper penny in the course parking lot, Friday, after we finished playing. Supposed to be good luck. Had two of the worst days in a long time, yesterday and today. 87 on Saturday and 85 today. The penny went out the window of my truck on the way home today!!!!!

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Back hitting the ball fairly well. 77 this morning. Second and fourth Monday the course opens at 10 a.m. Gives the maintenance staff some extra time to do work. Three of us went off at 10. I was home, making lunch at 1:00!!! Heat index right now is 103 F. We flew so as to not spend any more time in the heat than we had to.

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
Found a copper penny in the course parking lot, Friday, after we finished playing. Supposed to be good luck. Had two of the worst days in a long time, yesterday and today. 87 on Saturday and 85 today. The penny went out the window of my truck on the way home today!!!!!
Ahh, that made me laugh!

🔥 Latest posts