• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

what did you shoot today?

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
United States United States
Reason #1 that golf is so frustrating....

37 on the front this morning. One bird and two bogies. Sailing along and looking forward to a truckload of quarters.
Almost missed the tee ball on #10. Simply could not get off the tee on the back... or much of anything else. 46!!!!! After starting the day one over on the front, ended up with an 83. Still cannot understand what happened. Just hope I get my mind back in focus before tomorrow morning.
At least I still won 50 cents even with the bad back nine.

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
You're okay limp you've just got the front and the back switched around. The bad score comes first when you're not warmed up yet and the good score comes after you are.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
My theory above is wrong. 37 and 41 for 78. ?????????????
It's an illness, evidently contagious. Again today. 37 on the front and 42 on the back. 79. Even though we teed off at 7 and played in 2 hours, 25 minutes the heat and humidity was already draining. Only got down to 80 overnight and, right now, we have a heat index of 105. But, it was only the first few holes on the back. Doubled 10, followed by 4 straight bogeys. Then played the last 4 holes in even par. Hit one of the longest drives in a long time on 18. Just a plain frustrating, impossible, difficult, demoralizing game!!!!!!

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
A little better today. 39/37 for a 76. Finally held things together on the back nine.

Nikonut

Apr 24, 2008
N. Texas
Country
Yesterday A 50 on front nine. typical. howeverout of 13 holes played, did get 4 pars overall and 2 bogeys. the rest were +3.
Quit on the fairway of the 14th... HEAT, SO hot. So tired! When I get tired, I slice everything lol.
its a fun course, 6 par 3, six par 4 and six par 5. not terribly hard. greens were sneaky. not in the best shape, but I guess they are bent grass... and those bends would change at least once over anything 4 foot out lol.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
What a morning! No golf, yesterday, due to a tournament at the course. This morning....

It's 10:15 and I'm back home with 18 played. Could NOT put a club on the ball to begin the day. 48... FORTY EIGHT... on the front. One par. Two doubles. Six bogies. Was ready to give up the game!

Back nine?? One double. Four pars. Three... THREE birdies! Even par 36. What a way to card an 84!!!!

This can be the most frustrating game! Think I'm going to take up knitting......

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
42/35 for a 77. Two birds and one bogey on the back nine. Just can't put two good nines together.

Louie_T07

Sep 19, 2008
Sarnia, ON
Country
Canada Canada
What a morning! No golf, yesterday, due to a tournament at the course. This morning....

It's 10:15 and I'm back home with 18 played. Could NOT put a club on the ball to begin the day. 48... FORTY EIGHT... on the front. One par. Two doubles. Six bogies. Was ready to give up the game!

Back nine?? One double. Four pars. Three... THREE birdies! Even par 36. What a way to card an 84!!!!

This can be the most frustrating game! Think I'm going to take up knitting......
I’m here to make you feel better buddy. Went to the range on Sunday with my FIL and BIL. It was my FIRST time out, hitting real balls in a little over a year now... and let me tell you. I shouldn’t have swung anything longer than an 8 or made anything more than a 3/4 swing! It was ugly, like FUGLY stuff happened!! I felt off, not connected at all, just really outta sorts. I’m not discouraged tho, it was hotter than the sun, very uncomfortable even just being outside.

Silver Lining: the 56* was as hot as the weather. And I had the most fun helping my little nephew out, who tagged along last minute.

Last edited:

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Played really bad the past couple days. Main issue has been my putting. Lost a total of $2.25!!!! May need my Shot Talk friends to begin a "Go Fund Me" page so we can continue to eat.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
After two really rough days, back with a 76 this morning. Won $1.50. Now only down $1.00 for the week.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Another up and down morning. 37 on the front and the game seemed easy. 42 on the back and the game seemed totally unfamiliar. The 79 did get me $1.00, though.

🔥 Latest posts