• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

what did you shoot today?

Louie_T07

Sep 19, 2008
Sarnia, ON
Country
Canada Canada
7:50am tomorrow, first tee time of 2021 and yes its October!! 😔

But I am so PUMPED!! A course I’ve never played before and just for S&G’s going to do so with less than 10 clubs. Less thinking, just swinging. Can’t wait!

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
United States United States
Missed playing the past few days. Friday, the wife was having a bad day. Needed me to drive her to an early morning appointment. Tree contractor was arriving mid morning to take out a 50' pine, a 30' ash, and trim up three additional trees. In the midst of all that, the clubhouse called saying they had no water. Sheesh! I'm retired. Headed to the course. Found a broken pipe fitting. Got that repaired and back home about the time the tree guys were finishing up.
Yesterday, Saturday, drove to the hospital where wife's surgery is scheduled for a couple tests. The hospital is 1 1/2 hours away. Leaving in about an hour to drive to the city where she will have surgery tomorrow. Staying in a hotel overnight. They had told us to be prepared to have her at the hospital at 6 a.m. I saw no point in leaving home a 4 a.m., dodging deer, to get her there. In the meantime, they have changed her surgery time to 10 a.m. Still glad we'll already be blocks instead of miles away.
Surgery Monday. Should have her home by mid week. But, she will need some TLC for a few days. Hope to be back on the golf course by next weekend... or soon thereafter. Been quite a while since I've not touched a club in 10 days to two weeks!!!!

Louie_T07

Sep 19, 2008
Sarnia, ON
Country
Canada Canada
7:50am tomorrow, first tee time of 2021 and yes its October!! 😔

But I am so PUMPED!! A course I’ve never played before and just for S&G’s going to do so with less than 10 clubs. Less thinking, just swinging. Can’t wait!
43; some good, some bad and some just plain awful!! But a chip in birdie on 7 will have me coming back no question!

OP
jhmeg2

jhmeg2

Sep 16, 2011
Hancock, Wisconsin
Country
well, I haven't played much lately. I've got a lot going on, and my knee has been killing me. I finally got out and played a few times recently. I was hitting a few balls in my sim, and instead of having to keep cleaning my clubs, I just grabed an old set from my office. They are some taylor made TD Tour Prefered blades. I was hitting them well, and wondered why I stopped playing them. I did grab my AP2s today and went out and abused myself. I even pulled the M6 driver out and put in a 975j... 38- 37... not bad for not playing latley. THen went to the front tees and shot a 34. Then went back and shot 36. Could have been another 34, but on 18 I went after a drive and pushed it OB. The first time I played I was only 31 yards from the green( yeah, I was nutting the 975 today) so I tried to get closer...made double to finish even for that nine. So today after 36 holes I was one over. Solid! Oh, I also pulled the Scotty Newport, and put in the Futura... just because

Louie_T07

Sep 19, 2008
Sarnia, ON
Country
Canada Canada
well, I haven't played much lately. I've got a lot going on, and my knee has been killing me. I finally got out and played a few times recently. I was hitting a few balls in my sim, and instead of having to keep cleaning my clubs, I just grabed an old set from my office. They are some taylor made TD Tour Prefered blades. I was hitting them well, and wondered why I stopped playing them. I did grab my AP2s today and went out and abused myself. I even pulled the M6 driver out and put in a 975j... 38- 37... not bad for not playing latley. THen went to the front tees and shot a 34. Then went back and shot 36. Could have been another 34, but on 18 I went after a drive and pushed it OB. The first time I played I was only 31 yards from the green( yeah, I was nutting the 975 today) so I tried to get closer...made double to finish even for that nine. So today after 36 holes I was one over. Solid! Oh, I also pulled the Scotty Newport, and put in the Futura... just because
I love reaching into the spare bag every now and then. See if you can’t rekindle a little magic with one of those sticks!

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Well, a week off taking care of wifey. Down $1.50 after the first 4 holes. Came back and only lot 75 cents. 82. I'll take it. Just good to be out and about.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Another really rough round. Second time I've played in the last 10 days. Next time, I'm going to tell the wife to hire someone to take her to the hospital, doctor, etc. so I can keep playing golf every day!!! Short game gone!!! 86. Did end up winning 25 cents, though. Wife much better and a perfect week, weather wise, for golf. The game will be better... soon!

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
been wondering how you were doing with that knee. Sounds pretty well. Been needing your wisdom on some driver issues LOL. Hope we can get one more in together before the season's end.

🔥 Latest posts