• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

what did you shoot today?

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
United States United States
On a tear again. 76 this morning, playing in sustained 25 mph wind. Won another 75 cents. Know it won't last, but eating it up while it lasts.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Golf is not fair!! 79 again today. Still lost $1,00!! I had put the $2.00 I won this week into our retirement fund. Now, I have to pull half of it back out! Two of the other geezers were playing beyond their ability... and where they needed to play for me to win more quarters!!!

Nikonut

Apr 24, 2008
N. Texas
Country
Well no score to brag about, however had a good day…. This course I played is abit harder.
Two memorable events…
“Conquered “ a Nemesis Par 5 , by being on the green in 3 lol.
And cut a dogleg with a picture perfect drive over a tree, in the very best line to the hole, 240yards, to lye about 40 yards away, so on in 2
Really pumped about those two.

one particular hole , it’s required to carry over bunkers. I did with a great drive . Can’t see your ball from the Tee. Partner keep saying , it should be here in this area, gave up dropped a ball and shanked into the woods. Drive cart 50,60 yard further up….
Yep there’s my original tee shot. Not far from cart path!!! Dambit!!!! H*ll of good drive though. So ok, longest drive of the threesome that one was haha don’t count out us old farts!!

Louie_T07

Sep 19, 2008
Sarnia, ON
Country
Canada Canada
Well no score to brag about, however had a good day…. This course I played is abit harder.
Two memorable events…
“Conquered “ a Nemesis Par 5 , by being on the green in 3 lol.
And cut a dogleg with a picture perfect drive over a tree, in the very best line to the hole, 240yards, to lye about 40 yards away, so on in 2
Really pumped about those two.

one particular hole , it’s required to carry over bunkers. I did with a great drive . Can’t see your ball from the Tee. Partner keep saying , it should be here in this area, gave up dropped a ball and shanked into the woods. Drive cart 50,60 yard further up….
Yep there’s my original tee shot. Not far from cart path!!! Dambit!!!! H*ll of good drive though. So ok, longest drive of the threesome that one was haha don’t count out us old farts!!
That sure seems like three memorable events from the round to me... just saying!!

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Just been in a funk the past 10 days. If the score does end up decent... it's not because I played well. It's because of dumb stupid lucky bounces. Frustrating. Depressing. Playing horrible today. Got to 18 and needed a birdie to break even for the day. Problem was, the putt I had was close to 30 feet. My competitor had hit his approach shot to less than a foot, almost eagling the hole. So he already was in with a bird. I had missed putt after putt during the round. Low and behold, rolled that long rascal in right on top of his bird.
I hate golf!!!!

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
79 this morning in sustained 30 mph winds. Gusts to 38 mph. 45 degrees when we started, but felt quite a bit colder. No idea why or how I was able to score in those conditions... but did. Stupid dumb luck. On one hole, had 98 yards to the flag. Stiff wind in my face. Pin towards the back of the green so didn't want to be short. Smoothed a 7-iron. The ball started to climb and just hit a brick wall, dropping about 4 feet from the hole. On a par 3 where I always hit a 6 or 7, I nutted a 9 iron and was on the back of the green. Maybe a little "wind aided"! Actually fun morning. Days like this are what justify having my own cart with a cover.

Louie_T07

Sep 19, 2008
Sarnia, ON
Country
Canada Canada
I’m pretty sure its rained 7/10 of the last days here and I don’t think it’s gotten much warmer than 15*C (59*F). Been hard to even get outside, let alone get a round in. The season might be done here in Canada

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
Played well on saturday, shot a 75, scored 39 points. Might have a chance of winning, thinks me.
Turns out, my FiL shot 50 points!

50 points!! Guess what? He won...by 8 shots!

I'm delighted for him!

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Been playing almost every day. Just really frustrated with the game right now. If I didn't have so much invested, I'd give it up and have the wife put me in a nursing home! One good day putting followed by four or five bad days. Chipping completely gone. Shanking wedges more often than not. Got the driver straightened out on the last 8 holes, today, but it'll probably leave me again tomorrow.
Been cold, here. This morning we never got above 43 degrees F during the round.

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
Played well on saturday, shot a 75, scored 39 points. Might have a chance of winning, thinks me.
Turns out, my FiL shot 50 points!

50 points!! Guess what? He won...by 8 shots!

I'm delighted for him!
The main reason I'm delighted was that he was diagnosed with Parkinson's Disease a few years ago. His index has gone up and up. Up to then, he was a useful 12 index, now he is three times that. I was worried that he was considering packing golf in altogether. So coming in with 50 points was huge for all sorts of reasons.

🔥 Latest posts