• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

what did you shoot today?

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
United States United States
Meeting this morning with regulatory people from our State water office. The guys went off #1 without me at 9:00. Meeting finished up just as they were making the turn. Joined them as they teed off on #10. Even par with 2 birds and 2 bogies on the back 9. Won 75 cents!!! Best 9 holes I've played in a couple weeks.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Still playing good this morning. With cold weather, etc. we're not keeping score. Just keeping tack of "tics" in our games. Won another 75 cents.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
70 and sunshine in mid November. 54 when we went off #1 this morning. Low this morning was higher than some of the high temps this past week. Every single tee time booked at our course until 3 p.m.!!
To top off the great weather, won $1.25 from the geezers.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Another beautiful day. Probably the last for a while. A little cold won't stop us from playing, though.

Have been playing so much better. Was really in a bad funk for a couple weeks. 37 on the front and 38 on the back this morning. Won another $1.00 from the guys.

Leaves are really bad on the course. Crew tries to keep them mulched, but difficult to keep up. So easy to lose a ball in the fairway. Miss a fairway and forget it!!! So, this is the time of the year to bring out the Top Flites, Noodles, etc. Three days ago, I found a Vice Soft. Could of cared less if it found its way back under some leaves. Three full rounds and the thing is still working. Must be scared of the dark under the leaves.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Strong northwest winds today. Played much better, though. Won back 50 cents of the 75 cents I lost yesterday.

Yesterday, rain was threatening. Birdied #1. Then, went in the tank. Could not do anything. Stuck a PW to 6" on #16 for my second birdie. Clouds opened. Lightning crackled. We headed to the cart barn with me down 75 cents. Two birds in the 16 holes we played and still lost money!!!

Tomorrow, wind chill supposed to stay in the upper 20's to low 30's. A couple of us who have covers on our carts will probably still play.

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
Played in 30mph winds and rain last Saturday. I hit the ball as well as I could have hoped for and scored a 74 (+6). It was like the scene from Caddyshack. That was as good a score as I could have achieved, given the conditions. I figured I had a chance of bagging a Christmas Turkey, the top two scores got the birds. I was 5th!! FFS! Some guys playing off high indexes cleaned up. Not worth my while entering these competitions! Still, it was enjoyable and it's good to be playing well.

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
It was a stunning day on Saturday, hardly a breath of wind, warm, just a gorgeous day to be out on the links. I shot +3, with 4 bogies and only the one bird, which resulted from driving the edge of a short par 4. My putting feels solid, but I'm just not making anything. Had ~8 makable putts which ringed out, or stopped in the jaws etc. Gotta be patient with the flatstick, they will drop. Laughably, I came 19th on Saturday. I think I need to shoot 2 or 3 under par to have a chance. I made a few swing changes, resulting from a lesson I had several weeks ago. My ball-striking has considerably improved since then, so I'm very happy with my game right now. I'm ready to pounce one of these days.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Monday and Tuesday were perfect days! Mid 70's and sunshine. Our course saw over 250 players total for those two days. Usually, by now a lot of golfers have hung up their clubs for the year. The beautiful weather sure brought them out for a Monday and a Tuesday.

Been a pretty good week. Won $1.25 on Monday. 50 cents on Tuesday. And, 75 cents today!!!! Cooler today with 30 mph northwest winds. Been fighting my chipping. Haven't had a decent short game for a few days. But, putts that need to fall are. Ran a 15 footer in for birdie on 18 today.

Looks like we could see some frost delays the next few days. Still should be able to play.

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
Well season is officially over, got our first snow (about 3”) Friday. I’d been playing right up until then. Had a good long season overall- March 21 was my first round November 21 was my last. I’m a die hard so I play unless it’s pouring or snowing.
Overall played fairly well this season, shot consistently in the low 80’s and 77 3 times this year. Swing was feeling great at the end of the season and my cap dropped from 12 to 7.
Can’t wait for spring and my goals for next year are to consistently get into the 70’s and walk more! I need the excercise!

Last edited:

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Missed setting a record high, yesterday. 75 degrees in late November. Cooler today. Highs in the low 60's. Thursday, pretty well guaranteed another record high with 78 degrees predicted. Still playing every day.
Terrible morning, today!!! We had 5 and were playing wolf. No help from my partners and seemed everyone was playing against me on the front. In our quarter game, I was down $3.50 at the turn!!!! :<( Was really frustrated. Began the back with a bird on #10. Played the back in one under 35! Too many no blood holes. Still, cut my losses to $2.25. I'll kick their butts tomorrow!!!!!

OP
jhmeg2

jhmeg2

Sep 16, 2011
Hancock, Wisconsin
Country
I know its sim golf, (I got my sim almost finished) shot 65 yesterday (5ft gimmies). been 65-75 latley. and today, I realized or accepted I don't have the swing speed and power I used to.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.