• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

what did you shoot today?

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
Couldn't play Saturday, there was a storm, so I watched my son play a soccer match. But I played yesterday with the FiL, on a lovely day, with little wind. The tees are forward, so the course is playing short. I was hitting a lot of wedges for 2nd shots. But it was good fun and I was hitting it well. I shot level power, 3 bogies, 3 birds. Gotta be happy with that, life is good.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
United States United States
I've lived in Kansas for 75 years and do not remember a December like this. Well, I guess if we are breaking records back to the 1800's... that's probably why I haven't!
60's this week and some 70's predicted for next week. PERFECT golf weather. We've had a few early morning frost delays. The frost leaves quickly and off the tee we go.
Saw where Denver just set a record of over 230 straight days without snow.
It's terribly dry, here. The river that runs past our course is about the lowest I can remember. Getting worrisome. Hate to ask for moisture for fear it comes as an ice storm.

Playing almost every day and we are even still seeing players in shorts on the course. Won 50 cents, yesterday. Gave that back, plus another 50 cents this morning. Still better than sitting in a recliner rotting away.

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
1639123700947.png

For the 3rd week in a row, looks like golf is canceled for tomorrow morning! :oops:

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
View attachment 32394
For the 3rd week in a row, looks like golf is canceled for tomorrow morning! :oops:
Been unbelievable, here. We had one really cold day this week. Other than that, upper 50's to mid 60's... and sunshine. Next Tuesday and Wednesday they are saying we will break high temp records again. Mid to upper 70's!!!!
Get your butt over here and play golf before Mother Nature wakes up and gets her revenge!!!!

Louie_T07

Sep 19, 2008
Sarnia, ON
Country
Canada Canada
I've lived in Kansas for 75 years and do not remember a December like this. Well, I guess if we are breaking records back to the 1800's... that's probably why I haven't!
60's this week and some 70's predicted for next week. PERFECT golf weather. We've had a few early morning frost delays. The frost leaves quickly and off the tee we go.
Saw where Denver just set a record of over 230 straight days without snow.
It's terribly dry, here. The river that runs past our course is about the lowest I can remember. Getting worrisome. Hate to ask for moisture for fear it comes as an ice storm.

Playing almost every day and we are even still seeing players in shorts on the course. Won 50 cents, yesterday. Gave that back, plus another 50 cents this morning. Still better than sitting in a recliner rotting away.
At the risk of sounding even crazier than normal... I really can’t help but wonder if this isn’t Mother Nature trying to tell us all something... Aridly dry parts of the US, 200 year floods happening in BC and more on Canada’s east coast as well. MN is going crazy worldwide for those who don’t pay attention to that stuff.
My kids and I have been watching The Lorax a lot lately and I know the creature is made up, a cartoon and all. But just take a look around... you don’t think someone or something is telling us we need to wake up??

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Still great weather here. Just watched the local weather forecast. Almost 80 on Wednesday, setting a record. This coming Sunday morning... 15 degrees!!!!

High winds this morning. Temps in the 40's when we started but quickly warmed to the upper 50's. Didn't feel warm, though, as winds were gusting to almost 30 mph. No idea what was happening. Thought a 41 on the front was pretty good in the wind and cool temps. Was down 50 cents at the turn. Hit some shots on the back that were nothing but dumb luck. Three... THREE birds and one bogey. Yep. 34... 2 under on the back. Ended up winning 50 cents. The putter has been amazing, lately. Soon as I brag on it, it'll turn on me tomorrow.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Wind chill in the upper 20's to low 30's today. Didn't even put the clubs in the truck when I went to the course this morning. Needed to visit with the Superintendent about some work a contractor will be doing this coming Wednesday. And, it got me out of the recliner.

One really cold day, today. Temps dipping to the teens tonight. But, recovering quickly and nice all next week. Predicting 60 degrees on Christmas day!!!! Have some medical appointments early in the week that might curtail playing all week. We'll see....

Big wind storm this past Wednesday. Winds in our town clocked at 89 mph. The airport just west of town clocked gusts to 94 mph. The airport is across the road from the golf course and anticipated lots of tree damage. I beat the crew to the course on Thursday morning. When they arrived, I hauled limbs and branches in a "gator" for a couple hours. Heavy frost so stopped helping with the clean up in time to play holes. Won 50 cents.
Lots less damage than we ever dreamed. Five or six trees down, but only two of those in play. Got them cut up and hauled off before the course opened. And... did not lose any of the trees or limbs we would have like to see go to that come into play on a couple holes!!!!! :>)

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Yep! We're still playing golf in late December. Mid 50's, today, on December 26th. Four of us in our group this morning. Between the four, we had seven birdies!!!! I ended up winning $1.00!!!

Weather supposed to get more seasonal by late this week. Should be able to have three good days, first, though.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Course really busy, today, New Years Eve!! Highs got to mid-50's. We had a short frost delay, but ended up being a perfect day for golf.

Predicting snow beginning around midnight. 5" -8" by noon tomorrow. Golf is probably done for a few days.

Been a heck of a year, again. Over 200 rounds for the second year in a row.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Reopened the course, yesterday. Still quite a bit of snow. Temps got to 65, so took most of the snow off during the day. When we played, a number of the greens still had quite a bit of snow. Hit onto the green. Count it as a 2-putt. Dig your ball outta the snow and move to the next hole. Sloppy with melting.
This morning, it was cold again. Got down to 20 overnight and temps stayed in the 30's until almost 11:00. They let us off at 11. Tees, fairways, and greens were frozen. Being the first group out, found quite a few balls. Yesterday, people would hit balls into snowbanks and couldn't find them. Snow melted and there the balls laid this morning.
Both days, we just played par or better and kept track of marks... not scores. Broke even yesterday and cleaned them out for a $2.25 win today.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Won another dollar this morning. One more day of decent weather. Then, it will turn nasty for a couple days. Play tomorrow. Then, be back on the course next week.

Out to the course early this morning to work on a member's cart shed door. Got that fixed. Parts came in for one of the water systems. Will go early tomorrow morning and try to get that fixed before we play. Three meetings out there already this week and another one next week. Elected VP of the Board of Directors in December's meeting. Means I'm chair of the Grounds & Greens Committee. New superintendent started for us last week of December. Impressed so far. Still lots of time spent with him going over the course and equipment with him. Still on the Finance Committee. Had our first $1 million year in 2021. Not bad for a little country course. 2022 and 2023 left on the BOD and then I'll be done. We've accomplished a lot, but have a couple huge projects I would like to see happen before leaving the Board.

🔥 Latest posts