• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

what did you shoot today?

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
United States United States
Wind chill in the mid 30's this morning. Three of us went off the first tee about 8:30 a.m. We all three have carts with covers. Really wasn't that bad, once we got down into the trees.
Had a really good round. Too many clothes on, but carded an even 80. Have had a little trouble growing into these Epic irons. Think I've begun to get the feel of them. Hit some really good irons, today, even though cold and windy.
And... to my surprise... the putter was rolling good.

On our 18th hole, my normal driver distance leave me somewhere between 200 and 225 from the green. There is a large overhanging limb directly in the way. Try to punch something low and you'll either come up short or catch the bottom of the limb. Tough to get anything longer than a 5 or 6 iron over the top. That's the one hole I picked up this 7-wood for. The last couple rounds I've either been on with my second... or only a couple yards short... by lofting that 7-wood up and over.

Won $2.00 from those two suckers, too!!!!!

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
39/36 this morning for a smooth 75. May finally have these Epic irons figured out. I hope so.....

Nikonut

Apr 24, 2008
N. Texas
Country
Joined a spark league haha.
We came in 2nd. I got 5th individually.
Won a skin , a whopping 4.75 dolla lol.
And I was not in a good mental or physical state.. looking forward to the next one. Worked on irons .. swing, consistency. Feel like I have the formula now!

good luck and have fun youse guys

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Water system issues at the course. Had to be there before 7 this morning to work on it. My guys went off at 8:30. Told them I would catch them when I could.

Got the water system up and running, grabbed my cart, and when to find the guys. They were just coming off #6. Played 7 through 18 with them. Ended up winning $1.00!!! A one over 37 on the back. Strong north wind with gusts to 30 mph. Cold. Too many clothes on. Could not believe some of the shots I made in terrible conditions. Just luck. Sure ain't skill!!!!!!!!

OP
jhmeg2

jhmeg2

Sep 16, 2011
Hancock, Wisconsin
Country
been playing in my sim all winter. got a few rounds in when the weather broke for a week. been around par ish

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Finished with a birdie, yesterday, to card a 78. This morning was horrible!!!! 45 on the front! The only thing I could do was get off the tee. After that... disaster. Made the turn and birdied 10. 38 on the back for a frustrating 83.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
One of those days. A smooth 73... one over par. Two birds and three bogeys. Lots of pars. Missed two birdie putts inside of 8 feet. Fun morning!!!!

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
Somehow yesterday I sprained my ankle and quit after 7 holes today. Hit the snot out of my driver. Irons were okay and chipping and putting left alot to be desired.

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
Got out for 18 before the rain. It was a beautiful 65° F and NO wind. Played out of my mind. Missed 3 birdie putts but had a couple. 36 on the front and 38 on the back for 74. Played with Doug who looked 85 but was actually 2 years younger than me. Putted great and chipped great. Drives were in the fairway and irons (for the most part) were good. Life is good.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Winter doesn't want to go away. 36 degrees when we teed off this morning. By the time the temp got to 40, we had 15 mph wind. Cold. But...

Things were working. Four... FOUR birdies. One of those was a lip out eagle putt. Shot 1 under 71 and won $1.00!!!!

Now in the recliner trying to warm up. Wife can't understand how I can play golf out in the cold but tell her it's too cold to mow the lawn.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.