• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

what did you shoot today?

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
United States United States
I am so much hating this game!!! Hit 7 or 9 GIR's this morning on the front. Did NOT make a single one of the birdie putts!!! Putting was horrendous! The two shots that missed the green, one got up and down for par and the other a bogey. 8 pars and 1 bogey for a 37.
Made the turn and totally fell apart. First 5 holes on the back were bogeys. 3 pars and 1 bird after that. 37/40 for a 77. Should be happy with that, but could have been so much better if I could just make a putt.

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
53 on the Back 9 at Vanderbilt CC, Naples, FL.

I am actually ecstatic. Last time a swung a club was December 2019 so it’s been a few. Would have broke 50 if I did not have more green-side bunkers swings than putts on 2 consecutive holes.

Tomorrow will be the test when I play 18.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
53 on the Back 9 at Vanderbilt CC, Naples, FL.

I am actually ecstatic. Last time a swung a club was December 2019 so it’s been a few. Would have broke 50 if I did not have more green-side bunkers swings than putts on 2 consecutive holes.

Tomorrow will be the test when I play 18.
Great to know you're back swinging at a golf ball. Have fun!!!!!

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
Great to know you're back swinging at a golf ball. Have fun!!!!!
I was all ready and geared up to start playing back in Texas in 2020….then the world changed a bit. The Hank Haney Golf Ranch down the street closed during the pandemic so I have been looking for alternatives. I am hoping the start getting out a bit more when I get back to Texas.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
No idea how long it will last, but golf has been fun the past week or so. Another low round this morning. 76. Give it another couple days and it'll turn to feeling like I've never played the game before. Still having putter trouble, though. Get that cured and I'll clean the old geezers' retirement funds out of quarters.

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
It's not you it's the putter's fault. You should know that by now in your old age. Get a new one and all will be well. I was looking at putters and their getting $400 for some Odyseys. My God.

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
109 over 18 @ Vanderbilt in Naples. Had a birdie today…and some other unmentionables on some other holes. Need some short game practice.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
No idea what's going on! Doctor appointment early. The guys were coming off the #3 green when I caught them. Played the 15 holes from #4 thru #18 with them. Bogeyed the first hole, #4. Went 1 under from there on out. So, played those 15 holes even par. Even the putter was working today.

Epic Speed and Mini 1.5 are both fairway finders. These T200 Titleist irons have been fun. Been quite a while since I've had the GIR's I'm getting right now.

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
105 @ Vanderbilt in Naples. Putting was better, finally figured these greens the last day here. I learned how to hit my cheater wedge (Square Strike copy). Woke up in the middle of the night and watched some YouTube videos. Apparently, if you try to use your wrists, you blade the ball….which is what I was doing. Hit some killer drives (for me) with the Cobra King F9. 235 does not sound long, but it is 10-15 yards longer than my TM M3.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Just finding greens. Still missing a few putts, but the greens have not healed from aeration earlier this week. (Good excuse!) 73 this morning. 75 cents!!!
Had more early season rounds in the 70's than I can remember. Wheels will fall off once the weather turns nice. :<(

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Had to play this afternoon due to a tourney this morning. Sustained 30+ mph wind with gusts to 45 mph. Fun!!!

We just kept track of dots for par or better. I was up by 2 at the turn. He caught me on 15. I went one up on 16. He birdied 18 to end it even.

Louie_T07

Sep 19, 2008
Sarnia, ON
Country
Canada Canada
Had to play this afternoon due to a tourney this morning. Sustained 30+ mph wind with gusts to 45 mph. Fun!!!

We just kept track of dots for par or better. I was up by 2 at the turn. He caught me on 15. I went one up on 16. He birdied 18 to end it even.
Especially when playing with a good buddy, those are my favourite rounds/matches to play. Trading ‘blows’ both playing well, and finishing tied. Can’t beat that. IMO anyway. We shake hands and go have a beer!!

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Especially when playing with a good buddy, those are my favourite rounds/matches to play. Trading ‘blows’ both playing well, and finishing tied. Can’t beat that. IMO anyway. We shake hands and go have a beer!!
Shake hands with those old coots!!! Ain't no way! They're out to get my quarters!! It's tooth and nail competition!!

This morning was "interesting". Gusts to well over 40 mph. Off and on drizzle and light rain. Overcast. Chilly. Took the doors off my cart, yesterday, since I thought winter was over.

Played just okay. 4 of us and we had a pretty tight match going. Then I hit #16 and #18. Good drives and shanked second shots. Ended up losing 50 cents!!!! :<(

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Been on a "heater", lately. Playing some really good golf. Started the day 3 under in the first 5 holes. Played steady the entire round and ended up with a 1 under 71.

Driver and/or Mini 1.5 are keeping the ball in the fairway and pretty much hitting it to the location I need/want. Irons have been stellar. And, today, the putter seemed to want to shine. Won $2.00!!!

Was about a perfect day for golf. Mid 50's to low 60's. Barely any breeze. My bubble will burst. Known fact! I'll take the good play as long as it lasts, though.

🔥 Latest posts