• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

what did you shoot today?

Louie_T07

Sep 19, 2008
Sarnia, ON
Country
Canada Canada
Shake hands with those old coots!!! Ain't no way! They're out to get my quarters!! It's tooth and nail competition!!
OK... I really think someone needs to calm down here!! 🤣

I was speaking more of the heads up matches that don’t happen too often any more... I have two golfing buddies, we see each other maybe twice a year for a round now. Always just the two of us on the course; couple beers, tunes and a ton of laughs!! Both of you hoping each other makes their birdie try, but then acting like you wanted him to miss. The matches are always close and lots of fun. Who wins doesn’t really matter in the end, but you always act like it does!!

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
United States United States
Wheels fell off today. 81. Lucky to be that low!! Up at 4 a.m. Shower, shave, breakfast and out to the course before 6 a.m. Two irrigation pumps down. Worked on those plus repaired a cart shed door. Then added water to the batteries in my golf cart. Start time was 10 a.m. Totally wore out before we started. It ain't no fun to get old!!!!

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Grrrrr..... Started out today where I left off yesterday. 46 on the front. Did not hit one single shot that felt good. Couldn't get the ball anywhere close to the hole with the putter. Made the turn and birdied #10. 38 on the back. 84, but the back 9 had me not wanting to throw clubs! (No! I don't throw clubs!!!!)

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
37 on the front. Parred the first four holes on the back. Then four bogeys in a row. Birdied 18. 37/39 for a 76.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Zero... and more! One of our irrigation wells failed. Well folks there yesterday. Pulled the pump. Pump bad. Will be back tomorrow to install the new well.

We had to procure and install a new check valve before the pump goes back in. I found one about an hour away. Superintendent was to be there when they opened this morning. His crew was to remove the old check valve, yesterday, so the now one would go in first thing today.

No golf due to a tourney. I headed out about 9:30 to see how things were coming with the check valve. Never planned on working. Got there and not only had the old valve not been removed, but they had not gone to get the new one. The Superintendent told me he'd get to it in the next couple days. I sorta blew up. Told him to get his fanny to the supplier and get the new valve back to us. I grabbed a couple of his staff and we began trying to remove the old valve. This check valve weighed about 175 pounds. Had been in place close to 20 years and the bolts were all rusted. I tried a long cheater bar, an impact wrench, etc. to no avail. The bolts all had to be cut off. We worked our butts off in 90 degree heat and had the old valve out about 1 p.m. As I went to put my tools back in the truck, I went down. Not planning on working, had had nothing to eat or drink since 5 a.m. Heat exhaustion. They brought me water. Drank it too fast and it came right back up. They told me they would not allow me to drive myself home. (Good idea!) Called the wife and she came and picked me up.

Had her drive me home in my truck. I was covered with grease, sand, dirt, and sweat. Thought she wouldn't appreciate me climbing in her car. Our daughter and SIL retrieved her car a little later. Home. Cold shower. (Riding beside a beautiful blonde driving a big truck... I needed a cold shower!!!) :>) Sipped on water. Ate a couple pieces of toast for supper. Feeling good.

Will have all kinds of aches and pains tomorrow morning. Actually fell twice. Scared the heck out of the maintenance staff. This being 75, going on 76, and not being able to do a good day's work is for the birds!!!!! Not enjoying what old age does to you!!!!

Back to the course tomorrow!!!

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
First day back after my stupidity on Thursday. Took a while to get me feet back under me. Us old folks just ain't gonna heal as fast as we once did!!!

Knees were both strained on Thursday. That's where most of the pain had been. Finally was able to walk a couple blocks yesterday. So... had no idea what trying to play this morning would be like.

Well, my biggest issue is when I try to swing too hard. Too bull-headed to take an extra club. Instead, swing harder with the shorter club. Spent the day swinging easy. And... it worked. 39/36 for a smooth 75. Felt really good after the round.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Big money today!!! Won $1.00. Wet and rainy. Only three of us. Just two of us in a game of par or better. I was dormie after 16. 2 up. Won 17 and 18.

Been a tough week, money wise. Felt good to have a decent round. Putter was working again. Had the Eye 2 BeCu's back in the bag.

Life is good.......

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
I imagine the "old irons" works good with the "old player"? :geek:

Sore today from not playing for weeks. Hands wanted to cramp up and legs. Shot another 38 on the back but this time no birdies. 7 pars! 2 bogies. 41 on the front for 79.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
I imagine the "old irons" works good with the "old player"? :geek:

Sore today from not playing for weeks. Hands wanted to cramp up and legs. Shot another 38 on the back but this time no birdies. 7 pars! 2 bogies. 41 on the front for 79.
Age is just a number!!! My Eye 2 SST's and my Eye 2+ BeCu's still play as good as most of the "newfangled" clubs I've tried over the years!!! The Titleist T200's are in a FedEx truck somewhere... on their way to another home! I may never buy another set of irons. Just play these "dated" clubs for the remainder of my days on a golf course. Or not............... :>)

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
1 birdie and alot of pars for 37 on the front and alot of pars on the back for 40. 77 is as good as it gets and not very often at that.

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
Age is just a number!!! My Eye 2 SST's and my Eye 2+ BeCu's still play as good as most of the "newfangled" clubs I've tried over the years!!! The Titleist T200's are in a FedEx truck somewhere... on their way to another home! I may never buy another set of irons. Just play these "dated" clubs for the remainder of my days on a golf course. Or not............... :>)
Yeah, yeah, yeah…..we have all heard this story before. There is a certain member of this forum that swore the Ping Rapture driver was never leaving the bag….I think that bag has experienced at least 15 drivers post Rapture.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
84 today!! And, I'm not that upset. Little different group, this morning. So, I took the challenge and went from the senior tees clear back to the tips. 6500 yards is a little much for an old man.

Highlights... four of my six pars were the four par 5's. Why? I have no idea. Those should be the holes I would struggle most with. One of the doubles on a par 3 which wasn't all that long. Nothing made sense. Proved I can play from longer tees. Proved I still can't putt.

🔥 Latest posts