• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

what did you shoot today?

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
United States United States
Back up to the senior tees this morning. And... the putter actually seemed to know what she was doing. 4 birds and lots of pars. Ended with a one under 71!!! Won $2.25!! Now, I can take the wife out to McD's and give her her choice off the dollar menu!!!!

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
79 this morning. Down $1.00 at the turn. Hitting the ball okay. Just some bad bounces. Turned it around on the back. Came back from the $1.00 down and won 50 cents!!!!

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
You're just jealous you're not retired and able to play in these big money games!!! It's nerve racking... high pressure... when you're standing over a 3' putt that could win or lose 25 cents!!! What? You think us old codgers can't afford to play for these high stakes???

Honestly... it is difficult to explain just how much trash talking and bellowing we do over 50 or 75 cents. Gets us out of our recliners. Excellent social interaction. It's addicting!!!!!

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Another good round. 73. The game seems easy and the bounces kind. Won $2.75!!!! Groveling old geezers had to shell out the big bucks!!!!

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Been a good week, here. Hot! Two days with record high temps. High humidity. But... the golf has seemed to come around. 77 this morning. Won another 75 cents. Made up for last week's losses and then some.

Done with our 18 by 10:30 a.m. Spent the next 1 1/2 hours working on cart sheds at the course. Tuckered me out. Granddaughter's choral concert at the high school this evening. Seems something going all the time.

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
Two birds and 39 on front. One bird on back and lot's of pars. Was -1 with 3 holes to go and had to leave. 95° finally got me. I was so tired I could hardly lift the golf club. Stupidly made tee time for noon knowing it was going to be hot.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Another good round. 77. Won 50 cents. Chipping wasn't good, but the putter made up for it. Tee ball was about the best I've had in a long time. Between the Epic and the Mini... 14 out of 14 fairways.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Storms threatened around 10 a.m. Teed off about 7:15. 1 over 37 on the front. 8 pars and 1 bogey. Made the turn and could see the storm front approaching. Thunder and a little lightning in the distance as we played 14. Two left, heading for the clubhouse. Two of us played 15. Storm moving in fast. Headed to the cart shed. Big drops started to fall as I drove in my shed. Rain and small hail cut loose. Stayed in my cart shed until it passed through. 3/4" rain in about 30 minutes!

As we were leaving 15, my playing partner paid me the 75 cents he owed. The two who quit earlier weren't in the "big money game".

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
40 on first 9 (back) 36 on second 9 (front). ALL PARS. No birds and no bogeys. Never have done that before. 76 is way below my norm. I'm waiting for my chipping and putting to go back down the tubes but until then I'll just keep smiling.

🔥 Latest posts