• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

what did you shoot today?

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
United States United States
40 on the front and a bird and 37 on the back for 76. This is scaring me.
You've been playing good!!! Ride it as long as you can! The past 10 days, or so, I've felt like the Game of Golf was finally conquered. Took money from the geezers quite a few days. The last three days, I've probably given back at least $5.00! Can't do anything. My second par of the day was on #10 today. Terrible display of golf. Like I'd never played this dastardly game before.

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
You've been playing good!!! Ride it as long as you can! The past 10 days, or so, I've felt like the Game of Golf was finally conquered. Took money from the geezers quite a few days. The last three days, I've probably given back at least $5.00! Can't do anything. My second par of the day was on #10 today. Terrible display of golf. Like I'd never played this dastardly game before.
I recently found (ONE OF) the "missing pieces" in my swing by accident and it has had a huge affect on cutting down chunks and shanks. Hopefully it keeps doing that. AND I'm putting and chipping good. Hopefully it lasts but if not I'm okay with that..

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
I recently found (ONE OF) the "missing pieces" in my swing by accident and it has had a huge affect on cutting down chunks and shanks. Hopefully it keeps doing that. AND I'm putting and chipping good. Hopefully it lasts but if not I'm okay with that..
At our age, we need to take the good with the bad. So many our age would love to have the opportunity to spend time on a golf course now matter how good or bad they play. The 81 year old in our group is one of the better players amongst us. He says, though, he will still play if he cards 100, as long as he can get to the course and hobble to his cart. I can get really frustrated when I totally lose the mental side and can't get it back. But, I never throw a club or damage the course. I know it will get better, just don't know when.

We're pretty lucky to be doing what we're doing at our age!!!!

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
78 today. 42 degrees when we started off #1. Turned out to be a beautiful day. Putter began working again. Good thing, because by chipping was atrocious!!

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Steady drizzle/rain off and on since early yesterday morning. We've got about 1 1/2" and it's all come nice and easy. Supposed to continue through today. Two of us got in 13 holes, yesterday, before we headed to the shed. Dressed for it and didn't get too wet. Got a little tough to see out the windshield of the golf cart.
I couldn't get motivated this morning. Two of the guys did play a full 18. Both were pretty well soaked by the time they got it in.

We really needed the rain. Been so dry. The good news is that this should really help the course. Bad news... it will also help my lawn and will require more mowing. I keep telling the wife, "Next year I'm gonna mow once with Roundup!!!" She sorta is against that solution!

Oh! Yesterday, in the drizzle, I was even par through 13 when we quit. The putter decided to work again. Cannot figure out why a putter has to be so moody!!! One is no different from another. They all seem to have the attitude of a feral cat. Will rub against your leg like they are tame. When you reach down to pet them they will claw the hide right off your arm. (By the way, I hate cats!! The only good cat is a flat cat!!!)

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
Steady drizzle/rain off and on since early yesterday morning. We've got about 1 1/2" and it's all come nice and easy. Supposed to continue through today. Two of us got in 13 holes, yesterday, before we headed to the shed. Dressed for it and didn't get too wet. Got a little tough to see out the windshield of the golf cart.
I couldn't get motivated this morning. Two of the guys did play a full 18. Both were pretty well soaked by the time they got it in.

We really needed the rain. Been so dry. The good news is that this should really help the course. Bad news... it will also help my lawn and will require more mowing. I keep telling the wife, "Next year I'm gonna mow once with Roundup!!!" She sorta is against that solution!

Oh! Yesterday, in the drizzle, I was even par through 13 when we quit. The putter decided to work again. Cannot figure out why a putter has to be so moody!!! One is no different from another. They all seem to have the attitude of a feral cat. Will rub against your leg like they are tame. When you reach down to pet them they will claw the hide right off your arm. (By the way, I hate cats!! The only good cat is a flat cat!!!)
Putters are female. No doubt about it.

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
I feel tentative about posting this as I am still numb from today's golf. No one will believe me. Not possible. But I had four birdies today (one on a par 3 was 3" short of an ace), two on each nine. The first nine was a one over 37. The back nine was a one under 35 for par 72. I don't have the skills to do this but it happened. If you don't believe me I'll understand.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Rough day. 82. Up since 3 a.m. due to the dog. No idea what was her problem. Bounced off the bed at 3 and wanted out. Let her out. Back in and both back in bed. She turned about 3 circles and jumped down, wanting out again. Up again. Let her out again. She just wandered around the back yard like she was enjoying the neighborhood. Back in. This time I set in my recliner, wondering she would want back out. She jumped back in bed with the wife. Spun about 3 circles again and headed back to the living room with me. She grabbed her fetch toy and dropped it at my feet. I tossed it 3 or 4 times for her. She looked at me, crawled under a dining room table and went to sleep. Slept the rest of the night there. Then, it was about time for me to get up anyway. Dogs.......

Played horrendous. Mostly mental issues. Hope tomorrow is better.

🔥 Latest posts