• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

what did you shoot today?

Nikonut

Apr 24, 2008
N. Texas
Country
United States United States
96 :)
5 pars.
The new to me nippon shafts in my hogan Icons seemed to really work well. Very smooth and my direction control was better. It did take almost the front nine to get my driver under control … for some reason today and last Saturday, I started hitting low and left. Finally came around and one one hole ripped the cover for sweet long one.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
96 :)
5 pars.
The new to me nippon shafts in my hogan Icons seemed to really work well. Very smooth and my direction control was better. It did take almost the front nine to get my driver under control … for some reason today and last Saturday, I started hitting low and left. Finally came around and one one hole ripped the cover for sweet long one.
The new irons I will have by first of the week have Nippon shafts. In all the clubs I've played over the years, never had Nippons. Heard nothing but good. Guess I'll see.

"... ripped the cover..." We geezers will "rip a few" on the tee box from time to time. Our "rips" leave a very definitive odiferous tint to the air!!!

Hey! Congrats on the pars. Great going!!! Keep playing and having fun. Next time out, you may get more pars... or less. Golf is an evil mistress. She gets so much more enjoyment out of building you up and.... then... slapping you back down. Just never take the Game serious enough you let the frustration overcome the entertainment.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Bad day, yesterday. Trying to get the new driver dialed in. Had the 1985 Eye 2's in the bag. We had 7, so split 4 and 3. The only real slow player in our entire group was in our 4. Like herding cats!!! He has zero sense of urgency. Always thinks he hit his ball about 10 to 20 yards farther than he did. So, you have to wait at his ball to show it to him or he drives right past it. Lost $1.25!!! :<(

Went from 7, yesterday to only 3 or us this morning. Teed off #1 at 7:00. Drove in my driveway at 9 40!! 2 hours, 40 minutes and that included the drive from course to home.

Got the TE driver dialed in, finally. Once I found her idiosyncrasies she began to perform. Secret was having to tee it a little lower than I'm used to with a driver. Once I found that, she was fantastic. Will see if she keeps it up. Put the BeCu +'s in the bag and they came alive. A smooth 75, while missing 3 birdie putts I should have made. Fun morning.

Oh, the three of us played par or better. We walked off 18 dead even. That kind of competition is fun!!!!

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
One of those days where I feel like shit (hurt my right elbow so it matches the left now) and everything went where it was supposed to. Actually had a bird on each nine. 38 and 37 for 75. One of those rare days.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
One of those days where I feel like shit (hurt my right elbow so it matches the left now) and everything went where it was supposed to. Actually had a bird on each nine. 38 and 37 for 75. One of those rare days.
When did you move from the Cleveland to the Odyssey putter? Thought you were pretty well sold on the Cleveland.

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
Similar design. always wanted the #7 Odyssey. Actually, they seem to work the same. I'm putting really good (for me) in any case.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Only played 9 this morning. Course opened late. Had an early afternoon appointment. Too many things on my mind other than golf. Played horribly. Birdied #1 and went in the tank from there on. 41! And that included the birdie!!!

Picked up the new irons this afternoon. Will see how bad I can embarrass myself tomorrow.

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
Only played 9 this morning. Course opened late. Had an early afternoon appointment. Too many things on my mind other than golf. Played horribly. Birdied #1 and went in the tank from there on. 41! And that included the birdie!!!

Picked up the new irons this afternoon. Will see how bad I can embarrass myself tomorrow.
We expect pictures as usual.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Always a honeymoon, but... You literally can barely feel a ball leave the clubface of these Srixons. You feel it if you miss the exact sweet spot, but it sends a soft message. No tremors up your arm.

Distance is excellent, compared to other recent irons. A little shorter than the jacked up Callaways. Longer than the Pings... which would be expected.

Biggest thing noticeable was the bite. Had a little trouble adjusting my pitching/chipping. You better land a ball close to where you want it to stop... because it will. On hole #5, hit a 6-iron into the green. Dug a chunk out of the green and stopped within 3 feet of the pitch mark.

Carded an 80, but that number was tainted by three 3-putts!!!! :<( Just nestle the ball near the hole and make the short put and could have easily been a 77. My frustration, today, could not fault the driver, fairways, irons, or wedges. If my putter had a hickory shaft, it would have joined one of the "burn piles" at the course heaped with tree debris from our recent storms.

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
Sounds like the Srixons will be my next irons. 40 and 45 today for 85. 40 was league score. Have been first in league low score with a 40, second the next week with a 41, second the third week with a 43 and today the 40. I'm very happy with my game this year so far.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Rolled in two long birdie putts this morning... with the putter that almost went in the river yesterday!!! Solid performance from most everything else. Thought I was playing pretty good. Still added up to 80, though. Chipping was atrocious.

🔥 Latest posts