• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

what did you shoot today?

Splunge

Supporting Member
Apr 29, 2014
Massachusetts
Country
United States United States
Played like crap. Tendonitis in both elbows. 42 and 45 for 87. I'm taking the weekend off.
I’m fighting it in my left wrist, given it a week off twice now. Starting to think it may be a stress fracture.

might need to make some swing changes to shallow out a bit, I think being really steep is becoming too jarring for my arms

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Good morning on the course. 75. Nice weather. All aspects of the game were working. Beginning to really enjoy these Srixons.

Splunge

Supporting Member
Apr 29, 2014
Massachusetts
Country
37, really scrappy and still dealing with a nagging wrist injury, but I was lights out off the tee and with my putter so I was able to just scrap and claw my way through 9.

Splunge

Supporting Member
Apr 29, 2014
Massachusetts
Country
38 today, hot and super humid, but I had a good day with the driver and the wedges, bad day with the putter in the sense that I couldn’t get and buddy putts to drop. Wrist is still feeling pretty stiff, but I’m hitting good shots and it’s not hurting my distance.

Splunge

Supporting Member
Apr 29, 2014
Massachusetts
Country
Kid I was playing with yesterday is also fighting an elbow, had that exact strap, swears by it. For me it’s the wrist right now, and the only thing that’s helping much is lots of ice

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Raining this morning so didn't go out. Planning on playing the next two days to be somewhat in tune for the Iowa trip next week.

Here at our house, we've had 7.75" of rain in the past 30 days. Grass is wild!!! Almost impossible to keep up with the mowing. Thinking about buying a tractor and hay baler!!!!

Louie_T07

Sep 19, 2008
Sarnia, ON
Country
Canada Canada
Not exactly playing golf today, but the Mrs and I went to the driving range this morning. I’m not a big range guy, would much rather play, but this morning was a big deal because she is the one who wanted to go and NO KIDS! 😂

Momma Bear has taken the past couple years off from the game, having our kids and working like crazy in a long term care home. Today was actually our third time at the range and I've just been in awe of her each time. She hasn’t missed a step, like at all. I take a week or two off, game goes to complete sh*t. She’s hasn’t touched her clubs in 3.5-4 years?!?! Grabbed her driver and crushed it, with a little draw too! Couldn’t believe it, also hated her just a wee bit!

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Not exactly playing golf today, but the Mrs and I went to the driving range this morning. I’m not a big range guy, would much rather play, but this morning was a big deal because she is the one who wanted to go and NO KIDS! 😂

Momma Bear has taken the past couple years off from the game, having our kids and working like crazy in a long term care home. Today was actually our third time at the range and I've just been in awe of her each time. She hasn’t missed a step, like at all. I take a week or two off, game goes to complete sh*t. She’s hasn’t touched her clubs in 3.5-4 years?!?! Grabbed her driver and crushed it, with a little draw too! Couldn’t believe it, also hated her just a wee bit!
Fantastic!!! Although, probably one of the reasons we've stayed married 56 years is she does NOT play golf!!! :>)

Accolades to your wife for working in a long term care home. Granddaughter got her CNA while in high school. Began working at a local nursing home while she finished high school. Still working there while getting her nursing degree. 5 months from her RN. Will have her RN a month after she turns 20. Has to work one year after getting her RN for the nursing home to pay her nursing school tuition. The stories she tells....

Her younger sister just turned 16 this past month. Also working at the same nursing home, only in the food service part. Been there about 2 weeks. Called her grandma this evening. Had a "food fight" on her court today. Two residents got mad at each other over something. Began cursing each other out and one threw her lunch at the other. Nurse got it settled down, but the granddaughter had to fill out a "witness" report. "I didn't know old people got that angry!" She's got a lot to learn!!!

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Beautiful morning, but worming up quickly. Golf... Ugh!!! One of the worst displays of golf I have experienced in a long, long time. Almost all of it was the durn putter!!! Simply could not make a putt, no matter how close to the hole or how far away from the hole. Rolled a bunch of putts right across the edges, but could not get any to drop. Really frustrating!!! In our 3/3/3 game, the most you can lose is $3.00. Well... I lost $2.50!!!

I HATE GOLF!!!!

Splunge

Supporting Member
Apr 29, 2014
Massachusetts
Country
Shot a 33 for 9 holes playing a 2 ball scramble, had the course to myself, it was a lovely day out and I took advantage!

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Off the grid for the next few days. Meeting relatives and playing golf in Iowa. IOWA Idiots Out Wandering Aimlessly!!! Don't plan on being on line except as needed for emergencies at home or at the home course. Staffing issues there and causing problems almost daily.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.