• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

what did you shoot today?

Splunge

Supporting Member
Apr 29, 2014
Massachusetts
Country
United States United States
I played 10 holes last night with a minimalistic set-up, a pencil bag with a set of very old TM R7s (3-PW), a beaten-up SW and a Cleveland HB putter from the stable. +3 after 3 and finished +3. As you have seen at St Andrew's the ball is running miles on links fairways right now so no need for a driver. 3 iron tee shots were scooting about 220 yards. I was probably 1/2 to 1 club shorter than my current gamers, but they felt sweet when you got the sweet spot.
Sounds like fun! I was thinking about breaking out the i/3’s and my old Rotex wedges sometime soon and doing a little lightweight evening bag. I think I would still put a 5w in though, my course isn’t running out like the road in tin cup.

Splunge

Supporting Member
Apr 29, 2014
Massachusetts
Country
Tidy little 74 at the home course today, was -2 through 7 and -1 through 13 but got a little sloppy on a few holes and couldn’t make some key putts. Oh well, lovely weather and a lovely round!
8E5DF35F-1AA2-4505-9C6E-BD7A541D437E.png
52C004CF-19DB-4A8A-BE22-5C7D0E128DE9.png
BEB88388-4E99-4112-8683-45D3B76292BC.jpeg

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Another good day on the links. After a bogey on #3, nothing but pars and birdies until the heat finally got to me on 15. 35/39 for a sweet 74. Hot... humid... by the end of the round, we all were totally exhausted. Zombies!

Tomorrow, hosting the leading candidate for our Superintendent's position. Have two other Board members joining us for 18 holes. Had lots of emails and phone conversations with him this past week. Our entire membership has our fingers crossed he will make the commitment to join us. We terminated out existing superintendent this morning. Will be maintaining our course with current staff and lots of volunteer labor until we can get a new superintendent on board. Wish us luck!!!!

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
One bird and 37 on the front. Two birds and 36 on the back for 73. Yes, I really did this. For one round I had it all figured out. Now I have to adjust to playing like crap again.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Yesterday was a success with our new Superintendent. He and his wife joined us for a round and, on the last hole, got his signature on the Employment Agreement!!!! Really sharp young man. Assistant at a course that makes the top few in the Nation each year. We are stoked!!! Will be on board in two to three weeks. Lots of hard work and long hours from today until he arrives. (I was at the course around 4:30 a.m. this morning to get crew started on mowers, etc.)

Played with my regular group at 7 a.m. Good round again. 79. Won $1.50.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Hacking along, as WBL says "... as good as I am capable of." 79 this morning. Only one bird, but quite a few pars. The game is just sorta enjoyable. It will kick me in the butt, one of these days, but will take the good rounds while I can.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Didn't play yesterday. Mowed my own yard early a.m. Meetings and work at the course from 10:00 until about 4:00.

Out to the course by 4:30 this morning. Got staff time sheets ready to turn in. Got an irrigation pump going that was giving trouble. Teed off at 7:00 with the geezers. Had another really fun round. Steady as a rock. Boring!!!! 16 pars and 2 bogeys. 74.

Home for lunch. Back to the course by 1:00 to change some mower tires. Waited for a pump repair person, but sounds like he's not going to show until tomorrow. Went by the Courthouse and early voted.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
On site at the course 4:45 a.m. Ran gator to all 18 holes dumping trash cans, filling ball washers, and replacing ball washing towels.

Joined geezer just as they were teeing off at 7:00. Five of us played 18 holes and were off the course just before 10:00.

Pump guy shows at 10:45. Stayed with him until he finished up about 3:30. Once he left, ran to town to pick up two mower tires. Back to course and installed the tires on our mower roller. Helped get the spray rig in the shop. Home shortly after 6 p.m.

Long day for an old man!!! Still, had another awesome round!!! 35.37! Even par. One of the guys asked if I had taken some putting lessons. Nope!! The magic wand will turn on me one of these days, I promise!!!!

🔥 Latest posts