• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

what did you shoot today?

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
43 on front and 41 on back for 84. Had one bird on par four. Hit nice drive. Chunked next shot. Third shot went in cup for bird.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Hadn't played for a week. Between the COVID bout and working at the course, golf too a backseat. At the course 4:45 a.m. Got mowers started and staff digging out a water line break. Then... I joined the geezers for their 7:00 a.m. tee time. Didn't know if I could even make contact with the ball.

Birdied the par 5 first hole. Didn't have a bogey until #8. 37 on the front. The putter was stupid good. 39 on the back. 76. The geezers were mad at me for skinning them for a whole $1.00. But, they applauded me missing a few days since I wasn't there to take their quarters!! :>) Buncha old codgers.......

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Oh, I could probably sell a couple TE Exotic drivers. Gee whiz! Don't know what's different with Edith. Playing from places I haven't been near in a long time. If this keeps up, the geezers will make me move back a tee box!! :>)

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
40 and 41 for 81. I'll take it. I've got a new playing partner, Jim, who shoots almost Identical scores and we compete really well. He does hit it about 50-75 yards farther then me with the driver. He hit one almost 290 today measured with gps. But I've got (at least temporarily) a better short game. (He's also 14 years younger then I am.)

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
This playing every two or three days, rather than every day, is changing the game! This morning.... 73. I over....

Splunge

Supporting Member
Apr 29, 2014
Massachusetts
Country
Forgot to post it yesterday, but a tidy little 3 birdie 36, didn’t make the turn though because my sister was playing a set at a local festival, so I went to go see that.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Not playing again for a few days. Wanted to this morning, but ended up with quite a large crew at the maintenance shop. Trying to keep all busy... and out of the way of golfers... was a full time job today. Had 5 people in 4 Gators, trimming and cleaning up. Only one of those was a paid staff person. Two staff people in another Gator working on sprinkler heads. We have a little over 800 heads over our course. They had been ignored for about a year, so many needed screens cleaned, etc. Three mowers running all day. One of those had a volunteer, the other two staff people.
Got the new equipment hoist ordered. Should be here in a couple weeks. Two new fuel barrels should be ordered tomorrow. Got caught up on ordering needed parts for the Jacobson mowers and a Cushman core harvester. Hope I can get needs for the Toro mowers ordered tomorrow.
Triple digit heat today and for the next three or four days. Trying to keep everybody hydrated so we don't lose someone from heat exhaustion.

Splunge

Supporting Member
Apr 29, 2014
Massachusetts
Country
Not playing again for a few days. Wanted to this morning, but ended up with quite a large crew at the maintenance shop. Trying to keep all busy... and out of the way of golfers... was a full time job today. Had 5 people in 4 Gators, trimming and cleaning up. Only one of those was a paid staff person. Two staff people in another Gator working on sprinkler heads. We have a little over 800 heads over our course. They had been ignored for about a year, so many needed screens cleaned, etc. Three mowers running all day. One of those had a volunteer, the other two staff people.
Got the new equipment hoist ordered. Should be here in a couple weeks. Two new fuel barrels should be ordered tomorrow. Got caught up on ordering needed parts for the Jacobson mowers and a Cushman core harvester. Hope I can get needs for the Toro mowers ordered tomorrow.
Triple digit heat today and for the next three or four days. Trying to keep everybody hydrated so we don't lose someone from heat exhaustion.
So did you become a course superintendent? Or just like a foreman?
Also I shot a cool 35 (-1) in my work league last night and a 36 at the home club Sunday afternoon when I got out of work!

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
39 with one bird on front (league) and 41 on back for 40. Nice day with partner Jim. He hit some monster drives straight down the middle today 270-290. Pretty awesome for a 61 year old. He got me by a couple strokes.

Splunge

Supporting Member
Apr 29, 2014
Massachusetts
Country
Scrappy little 39 last night, I was +4 through four with a double on hole four, so not too upset going -1 over the last 5 to claw some of that back. Hitting bombs with the new driver, just need to make some more 10 footers

🔥 Latest posts