• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

what did you shoot today?

Anders_H

mmmm, beer
Mar 12, 2015
Gavle
Country
Sweden Sweden
41/40 yesterday, best round of the season so far. 36 putts...
Pretty decent for a 10 handicapper, just wish I could have holed a few more putts.
New preshot routine with the driver, worked like a charm, straight missiles all day long.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
United States United States
Slow start this morning. Couldn't seem to get in gear. 43 on the front. Made the turn and things turned better. Two birds and an eagle on the par 5 18th. 36. 79.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Slow start this morning. Couldn't seem to get in gear. 43 on the front. Made the turn and things turned better. Two birds and an eagle on the par 5 18th. 36. 79.
Been quite a while since I had an eagle putt on a par 5. Still don't know what's different about this driver, but is does put the ball out there where I am not used to being. Had 202 yards left, according to the GPS. Had a long visit with "Sis"... my 5 wood. She has been double crossing me a lot when I need to have her fade just a bit. She must have listened because she let go with just a baby fade that seemed to go forever. Landed on the green and rolled to about 10 ft. from the pin. Made the putt. Great way to end a round.

They had night golf at our course last night. I hope they never have another one of those!!! 72 players signed up. Meal and drinks began at 7 p.m. Golfers teed off at 9 p.m. This morning we found one trash receptacle smashed by someone's cart running over it. (None of our club carts showed damage, so must have been a member's cart.) The drunks couldn't see trash receptacles in the dark so they just tossed beer cans out whenever they emptied one. Three of our tee markers were missing, evidently stolen. I tried to pick up some of the beer cans as we played, but the extra bag compartment on the back of my cart wouldn't hold many. Grabbed a Gator from maintenance after our round and tried to find most of them.

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
Couldn't play today or tomorrow. Club has a calcutta 2 man tourney. First place is $22,000! Pays down to 8th place which is $2500. Top dogs from all over are there. Leaders after today both have 25 handicaps. ????? Sound like sand baggers to me. In any case club owner offered to pay my $125 entrance because he needed one more player. Couldn't play 'cause had a doctors appointment tomorrow. 😭

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
37 on the front, which included an eagle on #8. Second eagle in 2 days. Yesterday #18 and today #8. Got really tired on the back and blew a good round. 43 on the back for an 80.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Couldn't play today or tomorrow. Club has a calcutta 2 man tourney. First place is $22,000! Pays down to 8th place which is $2500. Top dogs from all over are there. Leaders after today both have 25 handicaps. ????? Sound like sand baggers to me. In any case club owner offered to pay my $125 entrance because he needed one more player. Couldn't play 'cause had a doctors appointment tomorrow. 😭
One of the reasons I don't play in tournaments. Sandbaggers. Difficult to believe people who are 20 handicappers enter a tournament and card rounds in the 70's.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Had a little better round this morning. 37/40 for a 77. Lost 50 cents. Birdies were flying all over the place... for everyone else but me!!! :<(

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
79 today. A couple birds. Still lost $1.25. Wolf can be a rough game.
Tourney at our course tomorrow. Six of us heading an hour north to play a beautiful course we try to get to at least once/year. It's on our "Santa Fe Trail Card". About 20 courses in the area link up each year for a reciprocal type arrangement. With the card showing you are a member of one of the courses in the group, you play for $25.00 including cart.

🔥 Latest posts