• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

what did you shoot today?

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
I'm attempting a bucket list dream to play a course called The Machrie. It's on a remote Scottish Island and will involve a 1.5-hour crossing on a flat-rib boat, weather permitting. I'm trying to tie up all the details. I would love to do this, but have never played golf sea-sick!!!

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
United States United States
Ugly day. Hit the driver well, but no much else. Then, on #9 as I swung through the drive something popped in my right hip. Can hardly walk. Tylenol ain't doin' it! But... will be better tomorrow. Just needs some rest.

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
How are you doing, limp? And popping's not too bad, as long as snap and crackle don't come along as well.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Didn't go out to play today. Thought it better to let it rest a bit. Still a little painful, but won't be back on the course until Monday. Need to mow lawn this weekend. Trying to convince the wife it's too sore to mow but fine for golf. :>) Ain't workin'!!!!!

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
35 and 35 for 70. Shortened my backswing on the irons and hit them longer, straighter and higher. Never missed a green in regulation. Putted out of my mind. 3 birdies. This was working but driver not too well. Can't believe what a difference that made.
GREAT round!!!!!

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Hip still a little touchy, but back on the course. 39/41 for an 80. Of course, I hopped on a mower for about an hour when I got to the course and that rough riding thing didn't help!!

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
When past superintendents have aerated greens, they usually do 9 one day and 9 the next day. The new super installed lights on one of our spiking machines yesterday. Last night, once the course closed, he spiked all 18 greens in the dark. Didn't pull cores, just spiked them. Top dressed with sand early this morning. Drug them. Then, rolled them. Course opened late and we had the first tee time at 10:00 a.m. The greens were perfect!!! Rolled so good.

🔥 Latest posts