• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

what did you shoot today?

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
United States United States
46 (league) and 43 for 89. I sucked.
Golf! She is an evil mistress. We think she loves us and we play well. All of a sudden, she shoves us off a cliff and we hang by our fingernails. Eventually, we will climb back up and regain our footing. In the meantime, we will suffer as she peers down at us emitting the cackle of an evil witch!

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Playing solid, just not back where I need to be. Seeming to wear out by #16 or #17 and upchuck the rest of the way in. Started okay with a smooth 38. Sailing along pretty good on the back until I folded and finished with a 43 for an 81. Missed two short putts on the back that could not have been over 3 feet. Deflates your confidence with the flatstick.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Brother-in-law, at 72 years old, wanting to get into the game of golf. He's probably played 10 times in the past couple months. Wanted to join us yesterday. As the numbers worked out, I let the four gezzers go ahead while the BIL and I followed. Great idea. After his 11th shot on #1, I asked him to pick up so we could move on to #2. Looong round!!! Says he wants to play with me again next week. I've never really enjoyed him, anyway, and now he wants to "invade" my morning golf group. Not going to be a fun discussion with the wife.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Well, broke outta my slump with a bang!!! No idea what snapped. Four... FOUR birdies and two bogeys for a 2 under 70!!! Probably my best round ever. Think I had a 71 before, but don't think I've carded a 70.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Not as good as yesterday, but still okay. Two birds. Lots of pars. Too many bogeys. 77.

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
41 and 42 for 83. No birds. Partner found a like new Titleist Balata ball and tried hitting it. It went as far (very long) as he usually hits the new balls. Nicklaus is wrong about the new balls.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
41 and 42 for 83. No birds. Partner found a like new Titleist Balata ball and tried hitting it. It went as far (very long) as he usually hits the new balls. Nicklaus is wrong about the new balls.
I think exhaustive lab testing with robotic machines hitting balls would prove Nicklaus correct. Would also justify Trevino's use of two different balls during a round... until rules of play were changed. Trevino would us a Top Flite on long holes and change to a balata ball on par threes. He got more distance our of the solid balls, but better bite from the wound balls.

Still, nothing compares to the feeling of a Titleist Tour Balata as it comes off the face of a well struck 5-iron.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
On a roll, again. Don't know how long it will last. Felt a little off, today, but knew I had a couple birds along the way. Hit a bad third shot on 18 and was chiding myself. The geezer keeping score said, "Wish I was even par and thought I was good enough to whine! You ain't as good as you think you are!" (That's the constant trash talk in our group.) Chipped it close and closed the round with a par, carding a 72. Lots of scrambling, but the chipping and putting kept me above water.

bdcrowe

ST Homeland Security
Aug 30, 2004
So, some swing changes are starting to click for me. I dropped from high 90s to high 70s in a week. Last three rounds have been 79, 80, 78.

Trying to play a bit more often these days.

🔥 Latest posts