• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

what did you shoot today?

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
United States United States
Another pretty good morning. 37/38 for a 75. Biggest help to my scoring in no double or triple bogeys. Pennick's adage of "Don't let one bad shot turn into two or three" really saves strokes. I'll take the occasional bogey over a double or triple every time.

Louie_T07

Sep 19, 2008
Sarnia, ON
Country
Canada Canada
I did something a little out of the ordinary yesterday morning. After dropping the kids off at school I headed to the driving range. But rather than working on wedges, driver or long irons. I “played” a nine hole round, sorta in my head...

Using my Garmin on preview mode, I pulled up a local course and was able to see the hole overview, select hazards for distance. Most importantly I knew the length of the hole. Hole 1 is a 435 par 4. Selected a group of bunkers as my imaginary target they were at 255. Picked the 250 flag out on the range and imagined the bunkers. Thanks to my PRGR I hit my driver 246 yards a little left of my target flag but not bad and short of the “bunkers!!” And more importantly left me 189 for a second shot... kept doing this until I had less than 5 yards remaining and then gave myself two putts. I ended up using every club in my bag, which made it even more fun and I ended up “shooting” +3... I'm flipping shocked by that fact!!

bdcrowe

ST Homeland Security
Aug 30, 2004
I did something a little out of the ordinary yesterday morning. After dropping the kids off at school I headed to the driving range. But rather than working on wedges, driver or long irons. I “played” a nine hole round, sorta in my head...

Using my Garmin on preview mode, I pulled up a local course and was able to see the hole overview, select hazards for distance. Most importantly I knew the length of the hole. Hole 1 is a 435 par 4. Selected a group of bunkers as my imaginary target they were at 255. Picked the 250 flag out on the range and imagined the bunkers. Thanks to my PRGR I hit my driver 246 yards a little left of my target flag but not bad and short of the “bunkers!!” And more importantly left me 189 for a second shot... kept doing this until I had less than 5 yards remaining and then gave myself two putts. I ended up using every club in my bag, which made it even more fun and I ended up “shooting” +3... I'm flipping shocked by that fact!!
Very smart. I started doing that into the net beneath my deck. I think it's helped me massively.

Louie_T07

Sep 19, 2008
Sarnia, ON
Country
Canada Canada
Very smart. I started doing that into the net beneath my deck. I think it's helped me massively.
I can’t even really put into words how much fun this actually was!! It took me a little bit longer than normal, took more thinking/planning than I know I’d ever do at the range. But it was amazing! My engagement to each shot was through the roof, playing a wide variety of shots with all my clubs made it feel like a real round!! So what if I was using a calculator... LOL

Louie_T07

Sep 19, 2008
Sarnia, ON
Country
Canada Canada
I can’t even really put into words how much fun this actually was!! It took me a little bit longer than normal, took more thinking/planning than I know I’d ever do at the range. But it was amazing! My engagement to each shot was through the roof, playing a wide variety of shots with all my clubs made it feel like a real round!! So what if I was using a calculator... LOL
Played another “pretend” round this morning, on the same course as the other morning. “Shot” E par with a birdie and one bogey. Gave myself the bird on a 166yd par 3, hit 166 on the number. Hopeful I’d make that putt!! I am completely blown away by this...

Have plans to play a real course Saturday! Lets do this!!

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Still playing almost every day. Playing solid. Was up almost $3 this week. Then, this morning, lost $2.25!!! Played well. Just didn't have the right partner at the right time in "Wolf". Would have cost me more had I not parred 18 from the boondocks!!!

Louie_T07

Sep 19, 2008
Sarnia, ON
Country
Canada Canada
5 over 40; two birdies, a double and three lost balls... 🤷‍♂️

I was bored, so I snuck out while the Mrs had a nap. Not really sure what to say about the state of my game, but it was fun!!

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Still playing pretty good. 77 yesterday. Today, played a course I'd never played before. 40 minutes west of us. Really nice course, with plush fairways and fast greens. Five of our group went. Well, one bogey and three... THREE birdies!!! The irons were on fire!! Had more rounds in the low 70's this year than ever before.

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
Still playing pretty good. 77 yesterday. Today, played a course I'd never played before. 40 minutes west of us. Really nice course, with plush fairways and fast greens. Five of our group went. Well, one bogey and three... THREE birdies!!! The irons were on fire!! Had more rounds in the low 70's this year than ever before.
Sounds like my year. Best scores in my life. Don't know why but it sure makes this game fun.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Didn't play this morning. HAD to get the lawn mowed. Supposed to rain around 9:00 a.m. Fired up the mower at 7:15, knowing I could get mowed before the rain arrived. Didn't even get half the front yard mowed when the skies opened with hard rain. Got soaked. Only lasted a short while and got just over 1/4 inch of rain. By 11:00 a.m. was able to finish mowing.

Then... couldn't get the dagnabbed trimmer started. Only thing good about today... my bride and my 56th wedding anniversary!!!!

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
No golf Saturday. Lawn mowing and wedding anniversary.

Winds to 70 mph late Saturday evening. Sirens even went off in town. Headed out to the course early Sunday. Grabbed a Gator and began picking up limbs. Tough work for an old back.

Started rough this morning. Could not get unwound on the front nine. 42! Caught fire on 10. Had 3 birdies, 1 bogey, and 5 pars. 2 under 34 on the back. A couple of the pars were lipouts. 76. Maybe I won't give up the game, even though I threatened to do so on the front nine.

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
Been there, done that. Played with sssmokin at his course (Waushara CC). I hate that course. It's evil. Not even gonna say what I hacked around at.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Been there, done that. Played with sssmokin at his course (Waushara CC). I hate that course. It's evil. Not even gonna say what I hacked around at.
It's always the course.. or something. This morning my bad front 9 was the ball. Started with a white Chrome Soft. Ball didn't do its job. Went to a Chrome Soft soccer ball. Didn't work either. Went to a Pro Vx white. No better. Changed to a ProV yellow. Balls just didn't work. As I teed off on #10, changed to a Srixon Q-Star yellow. That ball put the others to shame!!!
Couldn't have been me on the front. Just took time to find the right ball in my bag that wanted to do its job today!!!! Of course, when I've got 30, or so, balls in my cart basket.............

🔥 Latest posts