• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

what did you shoot today?

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
United States United States
Played good early in the week. Mid 70's. Thought we'd be rained out, yesterday. Two of us went out and the rain didn't develop. Played 18 in 1 hour, 55 minutes!!! Didn't keep score. Only kept par or better marks. ! lost 25 cents when my competitor birdied 18 from about 20 feet.

Total rainout this morning.

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
38 on the front. Disaster (44) on the back for 82. Cold up here in the tundra. There was a young lady playing in front of us. She had a perfect swing and hit the ball farther then I could even think of hitting it. As long as the two big hitters in our foursome. Probably 270ish. Her friend, boyfriend, brother or husband could not even get off the tee.

Last edited:

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
No play on Sunday due to a tourney. No play Monday since I would have been alone. A couple guys traveling. A couple guys nursing ouchies.

Back today and still loving my TE driver and Srixon irons. 38/38 for a 76. I'll take it.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
78. Had to birdie #18 to break even, money wise. Putter has been balky, so didn't have much confidence setting up over a 12' putt. They had double rolled the greens, this morning, and they were rolling like a basketball court floor. Barely touched the ball and watched it act as if it was going to stop an inch or two short. It slowly rolled over the lip and dropped.

We haven't seen our greens this good in a long time. In six weeks, the new superintendent has cured a lot of ills. Still have some heat damage left from the last guy, but that is slowly curing. Deep aerated almost 3 weeks ago. Can't see a mark on the greens. This mowing and double rolling he's been doing on the weekends leaves them scary quick. Pick your line. Blow on the ball. Watch it roll past the hole!!!!

TEA Time

Grumpy Gilmore
Staff member
Admin
Mar 23, 2011
Portland, Oregon
Country
My club championship was yesterday. I was only +1 if you don't count that double or that triple. :poop:

Stats:
13 pars, 2 bogeys, but only one birdie (oh and a dbl and a trpl).
11/14 fairways (big deal for me)
13 GIR (this is a HUGE deal for me, I'm usually scrambling for par)
Two 3-putts
In the end... T-9 (2-under won it, +1 woulda gotten me T-3)

The good:
My ball striking was the best it's been in years. I may never have driven the ball that well, I was picking targets and absolutely striping them. Not a single fat/skull shot all day and my distance control was on-point. I was working the ball and executing shots as planned. I had at least 8, maybe 10 legit birdie opportunities (inside 15 feet).

The not so good:
I couldn't BUY a putt. Burned edges, dead-in short, I had NO feel on the green. The double came because I hit a fairway bunker and had to chip out sideways and that was one of my 3-putts. The triple came on the hardest hole on the course. I hit a tree and my ball was lost, and eventually wound up being my other 3-putt.

1664811466671.png

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Finally a fun day!! Even par 72!! One of the geezers ticked me off before we even teed off #1 this morning. Sometimes old me should just shut up. Not in his character to do so.

So, I told myself to take my time and make every stroke count. Three birds. Three bogies. The bogies were short putts I should have made. Hit tons of greens.

Best was my winning $1.50. Guess who had to hand me the quarters? The guy who mouthed off before the round.

TEA Time

Grumpy Gilmore
Staff member
Admin
Mar 23, 2011
Portland, Oregon
Country
Played yesterday and kept up my ball striking. Still had three 3-putts, which is disappointing but 33 putts overall is pretty good for me. 11 FW and 14 GIR makes me very happy!

My front nine looked like a geometry lesson 😲

Played The Reserve (North Course) from the black tees.

1664905592704.png

🔥 Latest posts