• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

what did you shoot today?

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
United States United States
A couple really bad days. 84 yesterday!!! Mentally shot. Too much going on outside the game of golf.
Started off bad this morning. 43 on the front!!! Settled down and smoothed to a 38 on the back. 81.

Been quite a while since I've had two rounds in a row in the 80's.

Lost $2.25 yesterday and 25 cents today.

Taking up pickle ball or shuffleboard.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Cold this morning. Low 40's to begin the round. Highs stayed in the mid 50's, but had a strong north wind. Great to have a cart with doors and cover. Won another couple quarters. Hit a couple low 4-iron draws that went farther than a lofted fairway wood. 79, but in the first chilly morning and fighting wind, I'll take it.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
No golf today or tomorrow due to tourneys at the course. Drove over to the local golf shop to look around. Cannot believe nothing in there even tempted me. If someone handed me $1,000 to spend on golf clubs today, don't know if I would even take the money.

Someone send me the $1,000 and let me test that thought.......

Louie_T07

Sep 19, 2008
Sarnia, ON
Country
Canada Canada
I walked into GolfTown a couple weeks ago and unlike any other trip there, I walked out with nothing. Not even some tees!! Having been to my little hidden gem, twice now with my FIL. Nothing is grabbing my attention either these days. Not sure what’s up?!?!

Worst of all, at the little store, their used section of clubs seems to have been decimated! Even worse for me was the now lack of a Leftie section... like its completely gone!!

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Too many bogeys, yesterday, to offset the birds. 80. The birds fell right, though, and I was the big winner!!! Won $1.25!!!!

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Just two of us this morning. Played 18 in 1 hour, 50 minutes. Par or better. He won 4 holes. I won 4 holes. Tied 10. 3 or the 4 I won were birds.

Grounds & Greens meeting last night. Our new superintendent who started in August has made a world of difference, already. Getting comments from throughout the membership about how fast and how good the greens are rolling. Been a member of this course for 25 years and they are in the best condition I've ever seen. But... hole placement is an indicator of how quick they are. There was a tourney this past Sunday. Sounds like a couple of the pin placements were in "choice" locations. One of my friends... he's won a lot of the course tournaments over the past few years... had a couple doubles and a triple. The holes weren't unfair. Just that folks aren't used to a 10.5 to 11.0 stimpmeter on a public course.

Life is good!!!!

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Had a pretty good week. This morning, though, was our first frost delay of the season. If the weather forecast holds, there will be more frost in the next few days.

Our greens are still rolling good. I've had more birds this past couple weeks than in a long time. Of course the short putts are still my biggest issue. Why I can roll an 8 footer in, but miss so many 3 footers is beyond me.

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
Back in Florida. 55 for 9 holes. Started out bogey par and then lost my tempo. No houses hit, did not lose a ball until the seventh hole, and had some fun with my father. 👍

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
Had a pretty good week. This morning, though, was our first frost delay of the season. If the weather forecast holds, there will be more frost in the next few days.

Our greens are still rolling good. I've had more birds this past couple weeks than in a long time. Of course the short putts are still my biggest issue. Why I can roll an 8 footer in, but miss so many 3 footers is beyond me.
You're not alone. I've seen Mickelson 3-putt from 1 foot. And it even happens to me. 😁

Louie_T07

Sep 19, 2008
Sarnia, ON
Country
Canada Canada
Just two of us this morning. Played 18 in 1 hour, 50 minutes. Par or better. He won 4 holes. I won 4 holes. Tied 10. 3 or the 4 I won were birds.

Grounds & Greens meeting last night. Our new superintendent who started in August has made a world of difference, already. Getting comments from throughout the membership about how fast and how good the greens are rolling. Been a member of this course for 25 years and they are in the best condition I've ever seen. But... hole placement is an indicator of how quick they are. There was a tourney this past Sunday. Sounds like a couple of the pin placements were in "choice" locations. One of my friends... he's won a lot of the course tournaments over the past few years... had a couple doubles and a triple. The holes weren't unfair. Just that folks aren't used to a 10.5 to 11.0 stimpmeter on a public course.

Life is good!!!!
I’d like to tip my cap to the Super. The greenskeeper in me smiled when there’s a few “choice” pin locations. I’m not saying all 18 should be, but that’s part of the fun doing course set up. Couple tough pins are just fine with me!!

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
A couple decent rounds over the weekend. Long frost delay this morning. Played horrendously!! Just two of us waited out the delay. The old fart was playing lights out and I couldn't do anything. Too many clothes on was my excuse.

We play par or better. I finally got it together on the back. Parred the last 5 holes. Was so bad on the front, still lost $1.00!!!!

Record cold predicted for the next two mornings. Mid to low 20's. High tomorrow in the upper 40's. Might not get a round in tomorrow. 80's by Friday!!!! I just love Kansas weather!!!!

🔥 Latest posts