• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

what did you shoot today?

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
United States United States
Back on the course this morning after a 3-day hiatus. Played pretty well. 78. Won 50 cents. Two birds.

Cardio appointment Thursday. Ran some tests. No problem... or so I thought. Sitting at home watching Wheel of Fortune in the evening and my cell rings. Cardio nurse saying the ER at our local hospital was waiting for me to admit me to the hospital... ASAP. Something they didn't like about the test done earlier in the day. Said I would have a heart cath the next morning. Could do it in their office Monday, but didn't want to wait that long.

Sure. Don't hit me in the forehead with a 2X4, wondering what was going on. Off to the hospital and admitted. Oh! I had a bowl of soup at 5 p.m. The hospital says I can't have anything to eat or drink until the procedure the next MORNING... not even water!

Let's get an IV in you. This 5'-2", 300 lb. nurse probes for a vein. Can't seem to find it so goes and gets another IV set up. Probes again for another vein. What??? Go get someone who know what they're doing. (Wrist is still black & blue where she kept stabbing me!) Another nurse comes in and hits a vein and I don't even feel it. Nurse Hatchethead brings in a cup full of pills. "Take these." Ummm... can I have some water to wash them down? "Nope! You can't have anything by mouth." I tell her to let me sip water with the pills or go get her supervisor. I get the pills down.

Slept like a baby. Had heart caths before. Morning comes. Noon comes. Still nothing to eat or drink. Mid afternoon, it's getting close to 12 hours with nothing. Finally, a prep nurse comes in and says we're headed to the procedure. Heart caths are easy peasy. They go through my wrist and I never feel a thing. How they run a cameral up through an artery in the wrist and never leave any kind of puncture mark is unbelievable. Said not to lift anything over 5 pounds for 5 days. Didn't say anything about playing golf so I played this morning. A little weak from laying around for 12 hours with no food!!! Didn't even really tire out until about hole 17.

Nothing found with the heart cath so all that was for naught. At least all the other nurses were great... except for Hatchhead!!!!

We've got a great week of weather ahead of us. 70's and sunshine. Haven't even fired up my cart heater yet this year.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Playing really bad... again. Lost $4.25 total this week to the geezers!! Gonna start a Go Fund Me account!! Please donate!

We set a high record temp for the date this past Wednesday. 83 degrees. Was 71 at midnight Thursday night. Temps began dropping after that and rain started. By 5:00 last night we were in the upper 30's. Rain continued overnight. 36 degrees right now. Snow showers just east of us. We got just over 3" of much needed rain.

The rain supposed to stop by 8:00 a.m. Wind chills to remain in the 30's and low 40's until afternoon. Probably dumb enough to venture out this morning and see if I can lose another 50 cents to the other old codger who will play rain or shine.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Little over 3" rain. Carts on path, today. Stuck the old Eye 2's in the bag. Played the best I've played lately. Two birds and a ton of pars. Won $1.00!!!

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Out on the deck at 5:00 a.m. to let the dog do her morning business. 71 degrees F. 8ish, shorts on ready to head to the course. Wife says, "Are you sure?? Local radio says 40 degrees by 10 a.m.!" Never wanting to tell this beautiful and patient lady she's wrong, I stepped outside to head for the truck. Immediate 180 and back in the house. Jeans, sweatshirt, and jacket!!!! By the time we teed off the wind chill was down in the 40's. As the round progressed, the temps kept dropping and the north wind kept blowing. So nice to have cover and heater for cart!!!!! Actually played pretty well.

The next three nights are to see lows in the upper teens or low 20's. Highs in the upper 30's to low 40's. Heck! We saw upper 70's three days this past week.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Been hit with a cold snap, here. Dusting of snow, yesterday. Temps today not supposed to get above freezing until afternoon. Played Monday in upper 30 degree temps. No wind and sunshine made it tolerable. Probably the best round I've had in a while. Won $1.50 from the old coots!!!

Temps mellowing by the weekend. Back in the 50's for a few days. Can't wait.....

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Back after a 5-day weather hiatus. birdied the first hole. Had to get used to the more "solid" fairways and having the ball run a little more than usual. 39/40 for a 79. Won 50 cents.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
I'm bringing my tent and camping out in your back yard.
Wat at least until Friday! Wife is having 20+ in for Thanksgiving in our small home. Neighbor said they would be gone and he'd leave his backdoor unlocked if I need to get away!!!! :>)

Backyard is mowed and mulched. Rather than try to walk around the dog poo, why not just spend a couple weeks in our basement bedroom.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Hmmmmmmmm 🤪
Day after Thanksgiving. November 25th. We had 97 on the tee sheet this morning. With walk-ons would anticipate around 130 players today. Frost delay, so really glad we were first off #1.

Had temps in the low 30's this morning. Warmed up quick!! Not a breath of wind. Sunshine. Sure you don't want to pick up stakes and just move down here????

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Hmmmmmmmm 🤪
Oh... There's a huge buck hanging around the course. Big rack. We don't allow hunting on the course and he probably knows it.

Deer/vehicle accidents are mushrooming. Hunters say it appears one of the biggest crops of deer in the past few years.

A couple weeks ago, the wife and daughters took me out for lunch to celebrate my birthday. A local cafe serves liver & onions every other Friday. My wife won't cook it for me so the daughters treated me. A group of 6 deer hunters came in and had the table next to us. All six ordered the "bottomless" bowls of chili. They made sure they ate enough chili to get their money's worth! If they were all in the same general area in blinds, ain't no buck scent that would cancel the flatulence those guys would be experiencing during the dusk hours.

Golf... deer hunting... great fishing for bass, northern's, catfish, trout, etc. What more could you ask????

🔥 Latest posts