• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

what did you shoot today?

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
Win the lottery? It was 50° here today, sunny and no wind. Our course was open. Didn't have time to golf. Deer hunting week here also. And lot's of big bucks being taken. I gave it up a couple years ago. That's why the deer are around.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Four of us braved the cold this morning. It ain't fun, but someone has to do it!!! :>) Cold north wind 15 mph sustained. When we went off #1, it was 45 degrees with a feels like of 38. Temps dropping all day. Came off 18 with a temp of 37 and a feels like of 26.

One of "those" days! One bird and three bogies on the front. Eight pars and one bogey on the back. 38/37. Hit some awesome 3-irons, low and out of the wind. Hit a 6-iron from 117 yards dead into the wind that landed 3 feet from the pin. Made every putt I looked at. All day long, there was zero skill involved. Just one of those days when Lady Luck seemed to be in concert with the golf gods.

Moisture on the windshield as I headed home. Supposed to be nasty tomorrow. 50's by the weekend and 60's next week. Still lots of golf to play in 2022!!!

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Still playing almost every day. Lots of late starts... 10 to 11 a.m. We're still the first group out, so still can be back home by 1:30 or so. Only used the golf cart heater one day. Sounds like the next three days are iffy, but supposed to be nice by next weekend.

Playing really well. The greens are rolling exceptionally well. Only problem is gauging how much bounce or run you will get with approach shots. Early in the round, you have to hit it short and let the ball bounce or run onto the green. As the surface begins to thaw, that same shot may plug. Keeps the round interesting.

I've had the 1984 Eye 2;s in the bag for quite a while. They have earned their keep.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Course didn't let us out until 12:00. The cold morning turned into an awesome afternoon. Used the cart heater for the first few holes, but turned it off by #6 or 7. Just two of us. We flew. I walked back in the house at 2:20. A little over 2 hours to play 18, put the cart in the shed, and drive home.

Really competitive match. Played par or better. Kept topping each other's pars or birds. Neither of us got more than two up, when the other would come back. I rolled in a long birdie putt on 16 to tie it up. We tied 17 and 18 for a "no blood" day.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
A little drizzle early a.m. I was up and around at 3:30 and it had just begun. Moved east by the time a couple of us got to the course and teed off. Didn't even turn on the cart heater this morning. It was in the upper 30's to low 40's, but no wind. Won 75 cents. No frost so they let us go about 9:00. Back home before noon.

We're in that winter golf mode. No one is keeping scores. We just keep track of "dots" so we can pay our debts as we finish 18. Two or three of us... par or better. Four, we play as twos, changing partners after every three holes. Five, we play Wolf. Always have some sort of game going. Keeps the knees shaking on short puts when 25 or 50 cents is riding on it!!! :>)

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Yesterday was cold!!! Ran the cart heater up until approaching the green on 18. Four of us made it through, though. Two of them were riding in open carts! Probably why I scammed them for a whole $1.00!!! I had 3 birds and a passel of pars. Should be a good weekend, weather wise. Next week doesn't look great, with rain and cold predicted.

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
No golf today... or tomorrow or the next day....

Attachments

• IMG_20221215_115145_1CS.jpg
    IMG_20221215_115145_1CS.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_20221215_115158_1CS.jpg
    IMG_20221215_115158_1CS.jpg
    214.9 KB · Views: 32

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
No golf today... or tomorrow or the next day....
Yep! We're in a really cold snap. Had wind chills in the 20's the past couple days. No relief in sight. In fact, the end of next week, they are predicting wind chills in the subzero range. Possibility of some flurries on Monday and again on Wednesday. No accumulation like you guys who live much closer to the North Pole see.

My wife is complaining about the weather. She says it's been a long time she's had to put up with me being home this much. I've been running out to the course almost every day just to shoot the breeze... and give her some needed relief from me staring at her from my recliner!!!! :>)

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Golf buddy called about 12:30. Said the course was opening at 1:30 and was I going to play. Wife said she was sick and tired of me bumming around the house. So... off I went.

When I left the house, it was an even 30 degrees F. Wind chill... 21 degrees thanks to a cold northwest wind.

Played pretty good. Wind went down a little. Sunshine. Wasn't that bad of an afternoon. Didn't even fire up the cart heater. Three birdies and broke even on money.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
We put a notice out, yesterday, the course and clubhouse would be closed Thursday, the 22nd, through Sunday, the 25th. Bottom drops out tomorrow with winter storm warning. Main issue is wind chills unlike we are used to down here. Wind chills Thursday and Friday could be in the -30's. Snow coming in late tomorrow, Wednesday, and continuing into Thursday.

Meeting with course staff this morning to strategize for handling the cold snap. Blew out the irrigation lines last week. Still have to handle the clubhouse water, etc.

Hopefully, we'll be back on the course no later than the first of the year.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
We blame our cold weather on the fact that Nebraska "blows" and Oklahoma "sucks"! We sit in in virtual paradise, surrounded by duds! Nebraskans think the "N" they see on athletic gear stands for knowledge... Nowledge!!! Oklahoma's ONLY claim to fame is a boring musical from decades ago. And, Missouri is correctly pronounced as "Misery".

In May of 1876 General George Custer left Ft. Riley, Kansas for the Little Horn in Montana. History tells the fatal errors in judgement he made that cost many lives in the Battle of Little Bighorn. They say as Custer and his troops were sure of their impending doom, Custer told them this. "The bad news, boys, is we will probably breath our last in the next few hours. The good news is we don't have to go back through Nebraska!!"

🔥 Latest posts