• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

what did you shoot today?

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
United States United States
Course opened again, yesterday. Beautiful weather. 65, yesterday. 55, today. I didn't play either day. Fighting this croup/cold stuff. Hope to get a couple rounds in over the weekend.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Only posted the above so the Wisconsinites could read it as they watch 5 foot snow drifts covering the landscape out their windows. As they sit hoping their golf courses open by July 4th!!! :>)

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
Big match scheduled with my son this weekend. He is in college in Scotland and is heading back next week. There has been much bragging during the holidays over who is now the best golfer in the house. He is now off a 2 index, and playing for his college. He hits it out 280+ and has all the confidence you'd expect from a young gun. I'm losing distance by the year and I need a new hip, but I'll have fun "getting into his head". We are playing our shorter course on Sunday, it will come down to putting and mental fortitude. Let's see what the outcome will be, place your bets!

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Big match scheduled with my son this weekend. He is in college in Scotland and is heading back next week. There has been much bragging during the holidays over who is now the best golfer in the house. He is now off a 2 index, and playing for his college. He hits it out 280+ and has all the confidence you'd expect from a young gun. I'm losing distance by the year and I need a new hip, but I'll have fun "getting into his head". We are playing our shorter course on Sunday, it will come down to putting and mental fortitude. Let's see what the outcome will be, place your bets!
Show him who's boss!!! Send him back to college embarrassed by being beat by an old man!! :>)

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Two weeks, tomorrow, came down with some sort of cold/flu crud. Cough, sneeze, nose wouldn't stop running, tired. Cold damp weather and didn't play very much golf. Was tempted some of those day, but just wanted to get rid of this junk.

Played 9, yesterday. One of the nicest days, lately. Highs in the low 40's. Would have played the full 18, but had a meeting with a couple Board members.
Back out this morning. Highs in the low 30's. Thank goodness, no wind. My golf buddy could only play 9, so I quit with him. Never even turned on the cart heater.

Yesterday, played really solid. 1 over on that 9 holes. Tough getting used to frozen greens playing like asphalt. Gotta land the ball in front of the green and hope it doesn't bounce over. This morning, was 2 over, 38. The drives are running a long ways. Too many clothes on. But, not sitting at home in a recliner.

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
Wee the match didn't really happen, it got rained off. We played a wet eight holes with my youngest (14) and my FiL as well as the hotshot. It was cold, windy and it rained, but we still had some fun. The match will have to wait until Easter. I'm already in training! :ninja:

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Playing terrible. Barely keeping my head above water. Takes me 6 or 7 holes to get it in gear and then the wheels fall off by #16 or 17.

6:30 to 8:00 this morning spent 30 minutes on a treadmill and another 30 on a recumbent exercise machine. Followed that by 20 minutes on weight machines, blowing through strengthening machines for abs, back, legs, etc. On the golf course by 10:00 and worn out before teeing off. But, this cardio rehab program has been good. Every MWF from 6:30 to 8:00. Something I've really needed.

Broke even on money. 2 birds. Think the final tally was 81.

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
It makes me sick that you guys can still Golf. :) ... as I am doing PT on my shoulder for the what I saved for what I call the off-season. Getting old in winter environment sucks. lol

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
It makes me sick that you guys can still Golf. :) ... as I am doing PT on my shoulder for the what I saved for what I call the off-season. Getting old in winter environment sucks. lol
Heck! If something hurts, I know I woke up!!! This morning... shoulder pain, minor toothache, still coughing from last week's cold... and no complaints!!! With two granddaughters working in a local nursing home, understand how lucky I am to even know who I am, where I am, and who my family is!!!

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
In May of 1876 General George Custer left Ft. Riley, Kansas for the Little Horn in Montana. History tells the fatal errors in judgement he made that cost many lives in the Battle of Little Bighorn. They say as Custer and his troops were sure of their impending doom, Custer told them this. "The bad news, boys, is we will probably breath our last in the next few hours. The good news is we don't have to go back through Nebraska!!"
They even gave his horse Comanche a nice home at The University of Kansas Natural History Museum, so he didn't have to go back to Nebraska! lol

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Course was closed Thursday and Friday due to severe cold. Opened at noon, yesterday, but I couldn't play. Got 18 in this morning. Weather was great and played pretty good. Takes work getting a tee in the ground. Balls run out... except when you expect them too. On those occasions you'll find some area where the ground has begun to thaw and the top is really soft. Ball hits and doesn't move.
We're out there. We're not sitting in Wisconsin or Minnesota looking out at nothing but snow... deep snow.
Put the Eye 2+ BeCu's in the bag a week ago or so. They were begging for some fresh air. Don't know why I don't play them more. Also stuck the old Ping My Echo in the bag. Has the very narrow Ping original style grip. Picked this up probably 20 years ago for $10 out of a used bin. She still performs well.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Another really bad day on the course. Pulled a muscle in my right upper chest a couple days ago. It flared up on hole 10. And, my attitude/mental state was in the dumpster. Hate to have the head ruin a round of golf this time of year. Don't know when Mother Nature may keep you in your recliner a few days. Lost $1.00!!! No McDonald's Happy Meal today!!!

Louie_T07

Sep 19, 2008
Sarnia, ON
Country
Canada Canada
We'll be playing by June, guaranteed.
Unfortunately for us here in S. Ontario, I fear this will be the case as well. Right now it’s looking more like mid-October here than January. We haven’t had any snow cover in weeks! That will change all in an instant I’m sure, it always does. I have a feeling February and March are going to get nasty!!

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
We had about a 3/4 inch of rain today. Will be cold, but should be able to play tomorrow and Friday. Snow scheduled for Saturday. BIG snow. Predicting about 2"!! Should be gone by Monday. :p

🔥 Latest posts