• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

what did you shoot today?

J.P.C.

Aug 31, 2010
Cape Town, South Africa
Country
South Africa South Africa
Got me a new hip two week ago! I now have matching bionic hips. Been a weird convalescence so far. Seems like it was 6 months ago. I'm up and walking, doing physio, but it will be at least x4 more weeks before I start swinging a club again. I did manage to sneak to the putting green yesterday. I'll be looing to get to the gym in the coming weeks to try and rebuild some strength.
good luck with recovery - before you know it you will be back on the course!

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
United States United States
Got me a new hip two week ago! I now have matching bionic hips. Been a weird convalescence so far. Seems like it was 6 months ago. I'm up and walking, doing physio, but it will be at least x4 more weeks before I start swinging a club again. I did manage to sneak to the putting green yesterday. I'll be looing to get to the gym in the coming weeks to try and rebuild some strength.
Good luck in your recovery. Just continue to be amazed at the miracles of modern medical technology! When I shattered a knee in 1977, they put it back together with screws and kept me in the hospital 31 days! Had a cast from groin to ankle. 2009, they took a skill saw, 1/2" drill and some epoxy... cut out the old knee and epoxied a new one in its place. 24 hours later, I was home!!!

We've come a long way! The fun side of that is us old codgers will stick around longer to be a pain in the neck to you youngun's !!!!

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
Good thoughts for a fast and easy recovery!

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Since our group is a bunch of old codgers, we play from the old codger tees. This morning, the son-in-law and another long hitter wanted to play along with us. So, I dropped out of our regular group. The two youngun's and I played from the white... second longest... set of tees. Totally different game!!! And, could be a little unnerving when they were out driving me by 80 to 100 yards.
Made up my mind to just play my game and have a good time. And... that's what I did. Pars on 3 of the 4 loooooong par 5's. On the par 5 #18, had a birdie chip lip out and saved my par. Only double all day was on the 4th par 5... #10. Quite a few pars with a few bogeys mixed in. Kept the ball in play and hit some great iron shots. The putter has been dead the past couple weeks, but this morning I was making putts.

Don't know what the final score was. Just know the youngun's were a taken back when we all three were putting for pars on many of the holes.

J.P.C.

Aug 31, 2010
Cape Town, South Africa
Country
South Africa South Africa
went to the driving range today, first time holding a club this year, actually since September last yea.....felt good to hit a couple off balls again, looking forward to getting out on the course.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Still able to play almost every day. Think I've missed two days in the past two weeks.

This morning was damp and cold. But, five of us played. I've been having a terrible time getting started on these cold mornings. Takes me 5 to 9 holes to get stretched out and warmed up. And, still too many clothes on. When I finally woke up this morning, things turned pretty quick. Missed a birdie putt on 8 and birdied 9. Three birds on the back with 2 bogeys so was one under for the back.

The T300's are already in my rear view mirror. Dickering on some replacements. Played the last two or three days with the 1985 Eye 2's.

OP
jhmeg2

jhmeg2

Sep 16, 2011
Hancock, Wisconsin
Country
Wow, I've been away for awhile. Hope all is well with everyone. Been busy with club work and clients. I play when I can in the sim through the winter. 32 for 9 the other day doing a 2 ball scramble.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
3 of us played a 'par or better' this morning. Didn't keep score, just marks for won holes. I won 10 of the 18 holes and lost none! The 8 holes were tied, either by the other two or myself and one of the others. Collected $2.50 in quarters!!!!

Not bad for a set of irons I hadn't even hit one ball with before the first hole.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Another $1.50 from the old coots today. Was going to pick up a new putter to compliment the almost total bag changeover. Had my eyes on a couple Odysseys and one of the new Cleveland HB Soft Milled. The old Ping My Echo has been working her heart out this past few days. She must have caught some gossip about my lookin' to cheat on her. The My Echo line was released in 1967. May just have to back off thinking about another putter until the My Echo lays down on me again.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Golf is fun again. Don't know how long it will last. Course is beginning to green up. Mowing fairways this morning. Greens rolling pretty true. Sorry, Northerners!!!

4 birdies this morning. Had another long one for bird on #1. One of the old coots made fun of my new putter. "That's three-jack distance!" "Here, hold my beer!" Center cup.

The Epic driver and SuperHybrids do their job. Getting used to the Rouges. Just gotta remember the 9 is an 8, the 8 is a 7, etc.

Been easy pickin's. $2.50 this morning. $2.00 yesterday. By next Spring may have this putter paid for!!! :>)

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Just two of us this morning. Cold. I almost didn't go out. But, the sun was shining and...

The one I was playing with is the best player in our group. Excellent short game. So, I anticipated losing a buck or two. Better than sitting in a recliner all day with a dog in my lap!

Another one of those days. Was having putts drop all day. 5 birdies. 4 bogeys. 1 under. My buddy was making tons of pars. Know he must have been in the mid 70's. But, when playing a "par or better" game, he couldn't sneak a birdie put in for anything.

Still learning the Rouge X irons. With the high flight and strong lofts, it's interesting. The OG7 Odyssey seems to be sucking up to me. If I read the putt, she seems to make it.

Don't remember what the issue was with the first Epic Speed I had. I do remember it only lasted a few rounds and when down the road. I was probably the shaft. This one has been friendly from the first round with her.

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
I got my first round in since my surgery, a tentative 10 holes around our (easier) Riverside course. It was a very mixed round, I had three birdies, mixed with two flat-out tops. Overall things felt good, I'm still limping a bit, but it's not impacting my swing too much. My swing speed is down a notch, but that is only to be expected. That's only 6 weeks since the knife, so I'm more than happy with my progress. It will be a week or two before I take on 18 on our championship course.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
I got my first round in since my surgery, a tentative 10 holes around our (easier) Riverside course. It was a very mixed round, I had three birdies, mixed with two flat-out tops. Overall things felt good, I'm still limping a bit, but it's not impacting my swing too much. My swing speed is down a notch, but that is only to be expected. That's only 6 weeks since the knife, so I'm more than happy with my progress. It will be a week or two before I take on 18 on our championship course.
I heard Ireland has the fastest growing Capital in the world. In fact, it's "Dublin"!!!!! 🤣 🤣 🤣

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Not a good day on the course. Just a tad off on everything and it cost me. Well, not really. Still won 25 cents. But... the missed opportunities could have seen my pockets much fuller of quarters.

Just two of us again. Still a little cold. One of the guys had a dentist appointment. Another has a handicapped son in his 40's. Getting ready for a colonoscopy tomorrow. Getting the mindset right on the son for the prep... cleanout... and trying to make him understand the process so he won't become difficult is a challenge. This gentleman is a retired Army General. Spent 30 years in the military. "Chris" is in his early 40's. Live by himself in an apartment close to us. He works janitorial work at a local grocery. Rain or shine, he walks to work. His folks check on him daily.

My buddy I played with the past two days and I have very similar games. Yesterday, he did his best to keep up with my birdie binge. Today, we both played less than respectable. I was down 2 after 9. By 15, I was up by 2. He tied it up on 17. Both on the green with short par putts on 18. I made mine. He missed his. Hence, 25 cents!!!

🔥 Latest posts