• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

what did you shoot today?

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
It's gotten cold here again. Snow almost gone but took a trip up north a big and they got 3 feet last week. Had get a kidney biopsy. That was interesting. Someday we'll be playing again. Hope it's before I'm forced to sit in one of those chairs getting my blood filtered every three days.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
No idea what's going on. Played really good again yesterday. Lost money, but that was only because I had zero help from my partners. Today I went 1 under on the front. There was a scramble finishing on the back. We played 10, 14, 15, 16, 17 and 18. Even through those holes. 1 under for the day. Won $2.00!! Bound to fall off the edge soon. Will take the good rounds while they are happening, though.

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
Good three days down in Florida, for me anyway. 9 holes each day. 48, 53, and 46. I will take that after not playing since I was down here last October.

Went back to an old favorite, Yes! Carolyne putter. First discovered by chance at the PGA Merch show back 15 years or so ago at a putting challenge at which they only had Yes! Putters. Ordered my original at the show at a steep discount. Playing with a duplicate I made after buying a used one of the Bay. Reshafted and gripped with a Super Stroke and counter weighted.

Next rounds most likely in the fall when I return to Florida. 😄

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
A couple more birds today. But, missed 2 short birdie putts I should have made. Teammate eagled 18 so our team tied with no blood for the day.

All of us having short game blahs. The greens are slick and running waaaaay fast. Super says he is about ready to begin rolling them every 2 days. Gonna have set up a putting practice area ON the garage floor!!! With our postage stamp greens, it's becoming a links course. Tough to stop anything on the green if you don't loft it in there 20 ft in the air. If you try to hit anything with a little stop to it, it may spin right back off the green. We're getting more used to it each day. Gonna be a fun summer.

Scared of taking these next few days off for my minor surgery. Need to keep playing to keep the short game working.

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
Finally played with my buddy Jim. he shot lights out but couldn't putt. I could putt but the rest of the game was still in hibernation. 46 and 45 for 91. Yuck. Beautiful 70° day but windy. Waited almost six months for this.

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
After spending a couple hours on the driving range Monday played again today (Tuesday). Whole different ball game. The new irons are working great and I hit some bombs with my driver down the middle. One measured (GPS) 260 yards. And putting really good still. 42 and 41 for 83 on hardpan fairways. Am so happy right now.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Don't know what I did, but the putter finally decided to do its job on the back nine. 42/37. Waaaayyy too comfortable with the bag right now.

Now three Epics in our small group. Epic Max, Epic Flash, and Epic Speed. All of us are hitting them pretty good. Mine is the Speed and it is a bomber!

The Rogue irons have been a huge surprise. First set of graphite shafted irons I've really enjoyed from day one. Have had the Kuro Kage shafts in my Mini 1.5's. Have switched them in and out of drivers. They really perform well in these Rogues.

The Epic SuperHybrids have been lots of fun. About the only thing I'd change, if given the chance, would be the bag itself. And... it's still solid as a rock after many years of hard use.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Gave up keeping score, today. All I know is I lost $2.00 and it should have been more. Probably was in the mid to upper 90's.

Have inherited a problem that is really taking the fun out of the game. You can pick your friends, but can't pick your in-laws. One of the wife's brothers decided to take up golf this past year. He's in his early 70's. Recently remarried. Long story. His third marriage to the second "lady". Her fifth to her four husbands.

He totally ruined our last 4th of July golf getaway with the Minnesota folks. We couldn't play the courses we normally play since he and his new wife decided to join the typical 4 couples. He was playing with borrowed clubs and was one of his first times on a golf course. He asked to join our group once or twice last fall. Was a nightmare when he did.
Then, out of the blue, he announced he had joined our golf club for 2023. And, he assumes he is welcome to ride with me in MY golf cart. He stinks. Had to ask him to shut his cell phone off after it rand and he carried on a loud conversation as we were all trying to putt out on a green. Has no idea of golf etiquette.
Joined us again this morning. I got a text at 6 a.m. saying he would meet us and was sure looking forward to riding with me. We had seven, so with the normal six would have split 3 vs. 3. Now it was 3 vs. 3, but our 3 had this tagalong. Splitting 3 vs. 3 both groups would have finished one after the other in about 2 1/2 hours. With him hitting his 6th shot on a par four from the fairway... or rough... we finished 25 minutes behind the other group. Were being pushed from behind so we were always in a hurry to try to make up time. All three of us played terrible!!

My wife doesn't want to make take him to task, since he was the prodigal son for many years. The family is so happy he has returned. (That "family" does not include ME!!) I can't tell him he's not welcome and incur the wrath of my wife and the rest of her family. 57 years of good relations with most of her family may go down the drain due to this one idiot!!!

Or... I may just give the game up and take up shuffleboard.......

J.P.C.

Aug 31, 2010
Cape Town, South Africa
Country
South Africa South Africa
Gave up keeping score, today. All I know is I lost $2.00 and it should have been more. Probably was in the mid to upper 90's.

Have inherited a problem that is really taking the fun out of the game. You can pick your friends, but can't pick your in-laws. One of the wife's brothers decided to take up golf this past year. He's in his early 70's. Recently remarried. Long story. His third marriage to the second "lady". Her fifth to her four husbands.

He totally ruined our last 4th of July golf getaway with the Minnesota folks. We couldn't play the courses we normally play since he and his new wife decided to join the typical 4 couples. He was playing with borrowed clubs and was one of his first times on a golf course. He asked to join our group once or twice last fall. Was a nightmare when he did.
Then, out of the blue, he announced he had joined our golf club for 2023. And, he assumes he is welcome to ride with me in MY golf cart. He stinks. Had to ask him to shut his cell phone off after it rand and he carried on a loud conversation as we were all trying to putt out on a green. Has no idea of golf etiquette.
Joined us again this morning. I got a text at 6 a.m. saying he would meet us and was sure looking forward to riding with me. We had seven, so with the normal six would have split 3 vs. 3. Now it was 3 vs. 3, but our 3 had this tagalong. Splitting 3 vs. 3 both groups would have finished one after the other in about 2 1/2 hours. With him hitting his 6th shot on a par four from the fairway... or rough... we finished 25 minutes behind the other group. Were being pushed from behind so we were always in a hurry to try to make up time. All three of us played terrible!!

My wife doesn't want to make take him to task, since he was the prodigal son for many years. The family is so happy he has returned. (That "family" does not include ME!!) I can't tell him he's not welcome and incur the wrath of my wife and the rest of her family. 57 years of good relations with most of her family may go down the drain due to this one idiot!!!

Or... I may just give the game up and take up shuffleboard.......

you can choose your friends.....but family.....no way you can choose that, well, not after 57 years!! Good Luck Limp.

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
I feel your pain limp. Got out on another beautiful day and shot 38 and 37 for 75. Putter has been extremely hot and the new irons are awesome. Not used to landing second shots near the pin. Having issues with breathing like a man who could die at any time but I'll just deal with it. Better then dealing with a BIL.

TEA Time

Grumpy Gilmore
Staff member
Admin
Mar 23, 2011
Portland, Oregon
Country
Tale of two nines. 42-37. Front nine was soupy, that side does not drain well. We had several drives that plugged in the fairway and we never found them. The weather was beautiful tho, and it was great to be out in it

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Supposed to get high wind and hail later tonight. May set the putter outside and let it get pummeled with hailstones. See if that will change its attitude!

39/38, but could have been so much better if the putter had been working.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
No golf today. Tourney at the course. Saw upper 80's temps most of this past week. Front came through last night and it turned cold. Got 1" of much needed rain. Temps started at mid 50's this morning and have dropped all day. To be in the 30's by tomorrow morning. Brisk north winds.

Next week temps in the mid to upper 70's.

OP
jhmeg2

jhmeg2

Sep 16, 2011
Hancock, Wisconsin
Country
Glad to see you guys are getting out and playing. Jerry, I'm happy to see you like the new irons. Maybe you're playing better because they are built better.... I got out twice to play. Round one was rough, 88. It was wierd seeing grass, and just odd to look at. Had to re-learn turf interaction. Second round was better, 79. Still slow greens. Also, bought another putter, because it was in the clubhouse when I walked in. Aaaaaaand, my new irons showed up, yesterday... now I gotta build em. Aaaaaaand, played in a big cup scramble yesterday. -15 57... 54 won.

🔥 Latest posts