• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

what did you shoot today?

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
United States United States
Tournament at the course Saturday. Didn't plan on playing. Ended up drizzly and cold so glad I hadn't planned on playing. Sunday morning was still cold and I stayed home for a second day.
Back out this morning. The only thing in the bag that wasn't working was the new putter. Installed a Super Stroke Flatso yesterday. Made all the difference this morning. 37/38 for a 75... and won $1.50.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Day started rough. Shanked an iron on #3 and ended with a double bogey. Shanked a second iron on #4, leaving myself 30 yards short of the green and about 5 yards to the right. Chipped in for birdie!! No more shanks all day.

Ended up with a 79, but lost 25 cents. Starting a GoFundMe!!!!

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
Day started rough. Shanked an iron on #3 and ended with a double bogey. Shanked a second iron on #4, leaving myself 30 yards short of the green and about 5 yards to the right. Chipped in for birdie!! No more shanks all day.

Ended up with a 79, but lost 25 cents. Starting a GoFundMe!!!!
... add my 2 bits, as opposed to cents to your GoFundMe. which would cover your loses. lol Tin Cup Golf GIF - Tin Cup Tin Golf - Discover & Share GIFs

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Tourney at the course this morning. So, two of us waited until 12:30 and got in behind the tourney. Only had to wait on two holes as the shotgun played out.

Was down two marks at the turn. Putter caught fire on the back 9. 3 birds and lots of pars. Passed the old codger and ended up winning 6/3... or won 75 cents.

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
I've played in 3 competitions since my post-op return. I'm now on week 10 since THR. I think I've reached a plateau in terms of my recovery, it's now much slower in terms of incremental improvements. I've lost a bit of strength and club-head speed, but am hoping I'll regain that over time. But it's all good and I'm delighted to be back bitching about my golf game.

Golf-wise, it's been very rusty. My weak shot has always been a low snipe hook. And it has returned. Too much lateral sway. But I was at the range last night and the teaching pro wandered past. Within 5 minutes he had me striping it. Turns out I was not maintaining my height throughout my swing, with me dipping at impact, leading to inconsistent swings. When you struggle you tend to try and steer it and you start dreaming up a basket of quick fixes, which leads to further paralysis. It just takes a good set of eyes and a few kind words. And voila! I now have 2-3 good swing thoughts to work on. The body frees up and you can start hitting it harder with no fear. I'm looking forward to the weekend.

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
Last week was beautiful, 70-80° F temps and sunny. Not a snow flake in sight or on the ground. Got 3 rounds in and played good. This Monday started out with 30° F temps and a snow storm. Stayed cold all week. Starting to get warmer.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
A cold morning. Temps in the 30's with 15 mph north wind when we went off #1 tee. 4 birdies this morning. The putter was on fire. 74. Won $1.50!!!!!

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Started hot this morning. Birdied #1, #3, and #4. Ended up with a 1 under 35 on the front. Then, got tired. 40 on the back, even though I birdied #18. Lost my irons on the back. Couldn't make decent contact so had no consistency with distances. Anytime I have 4 birds in a round, it's a good day.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Played every day this week. Fell off the cliff and in a slump. Gotta get the putter back in line.

No golf tomorrow due to a tourney at the course. Back to it on Sunday morning.

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
Friday I played 18. Nice day. Putting is still beyond my wildest dreams. Hitting the driver (Rogue) really good. Still looking for a better shaft for the Tour Edge. New irons working good also. 38 and 38 for 76. One bird on each nine. I'm waiting for the roof to cave in.

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
Started hot this morning. Birdied #1, #3, and #4. Ended up with a 1 under 35 on the front. Then, got tired. 40 on the back, even though I birdied #18. Lost my irons on the back. Couldn't make decent contact so had no consistency with distances. Anytime I have 4 birds in a round, it's a good day.
Still got your "problem" tagging along?

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
May 1st, Monday. It's snowing. :rolleyes:
We started out a little cool, this morning, but forcast to hit 70+ this afternoon. 70's all week.

Played so-so on the front this morning. Kept missing putts. 41! Ugh! Lost 25 cents. Found the putter on the back. 4 birdies in the last 9 holes. Won $3.25!!! Net $3.00 for the day..

My "problem" still exists. Next time he shows, plan to have a talk with him. Don't know how he'll take it. But, that's his problem, not mine. Wife is supportive of how I plan to deal with it.

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
Wife is supportive of how I plan to deal with it.
👍

Interesting story. My wife's company is from Sweden. I have golfed with a number of her coworkers from Sweden. I further went out with her for a Management meeting in Sweden about 8 years ago and golfed. They require(d) that you had to take classes (mainly related to etiquette) if you lived in Sweden, to even set foot on a golf course. Very enjoyable to golf with anyone from Sweden!!!

Funny part was, when we visited, you only had to show a USGA card to get on the course. So they had a higher standard for residents, than they did for visitors.

The USA should give this idea some thought!!!

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Putter was back working today. Guess when I pondered putting one of the old Ping putters back in the bag, she decided it was either pay for her keep or be relegated to the basement.

38/39 for a 77.

Frost delays every day this week, so far. 74 degrees F now. No wind. Beautiful day!

One of the guys in our group was having tons of trouble with his Ping driver. Short. Going right. A week or so ago, I visited with him on hole 15 tee. His shaft was an senior flex. With a rather quick swing, he wasn't giving the shaft time to use it's flex. The shaft was still in reverse curvature as he got through the ball. I told him to go see the local golf shop and try a regular flex shaft.

The next day he came back having traded the Ping for an Epic Max. The Max has the Project X 5.5 Green. He improved a little, but said the shaft felt "heavy". Well, I switched shafts from my Epic Speed and his Epic Max. Mine was the Mamiya Helium. Both same weight shafts, but totally different torque values and flex point. I'd liked the Helium, but it was a little loose.

Well, we both are now happier with the shaft change. He probably gained 10 yards with "my" shaft. I am killing the Project X. So much more stable with my swing that makes Charles Barkley's look like a textbook swing.

The third Epic in our group is our "youngster". He just turned 70 a week ago. He has the Epic Flash. He's been the longest driver in our group. Since I changed to the Project X, he's whining because we're either close to the same distance... or I'm 5 yards past him.

Oh, won another $1.75!!! If I lose my Social Security, still have my "quarter game" to pay my way!!! :>)

🔥 Latest posts