• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

what did you shoot today?

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
United States United States
Totally unacceptable round today. Been playing okay, but felt like I'd never played this frustrating game before. 45/43 for an 88!!!! The ONLY thing that was working was the driver. Could not make decent contact with an iron. Couldn't chip. And sure could not even come close to the hole with my putter.

Had fun, though. The 82 year old in our group carded an even par 72! 10 strokes below his age. He's been in a slump the last couple weeks. Sure came out of it today. He could not miss a putt!! Irons were sharp! Was fun, especially since he was on my team. Won 50 cents thanks to him!!!

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
Had fun, though. The 82 year old in our group carded an even par 72! 10 strokes below his age. He's been in a slump the last couple weeks. Sure came out of it today. He could not miss a putt!! Irons were sharp! Was fun, especially since he was on my team. Won 50 cents thanks to him!!!
Love to see that!!! One of the more memorable times I had on the course was when my wife and I paired up with a guy in Vegas that was 89.

It was in the 80's. He was walking, we were riding in a cart. He was 2 over after 9 holes. He said he had a great time but he was going to drop off because he was over par, and he would usually hop in a cart and only finish the round if he was under par.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Well, my slump lasted only one day. Began today birdieing #1 and never looked back. Thunder and lightning began as we were on hole 8. Sky opened as we came off #8 green. We parked under some trees... isn't that smart during a lightning storm... and waited it out. 30 minutes later the storm has passed and we continued to finish the round.

39/39 for a 78.

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
I've been struggling with the driver but the other clubs are working but I'm not shooting good scores. 40-47 range for 9 holes.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Still playing every day. Golf is an evil mistress. You think she loves you and play well for a few days. All of a sudden she slaps you silly and you struggle. It's a game of bounces, inches, and fundamentals.

My biggest issue is getting off the starting blocks. Seems I struggle off the first couple tees, then finally things loosen up. Blaming it on old age!!!

Nothing in the bag I would change right now. Pulled the Super Stroke off I had put on my OG7 Stroke Lab. Installed a Lamkin cord. Changed everything. Putting better than I have in quite a while.

39/37 this morning for a 76. Won 75 cents!!!!

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Really light mist/drizzle this morning. Not enough to mess with the game. Just annoying... and chilly. Chipped in from off the green on two par 4's. 76. Won $1.50.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Won $1.50 the past two days, then went off the rails this morning. Lost 50 cent!!

Nobody on either team was playing good this morning. Amazing I didn't have to sell my clubs to pay my losses. I did have 1 bird, but had so many other chances I couldn't get to go. 81!!!

sssmokin

Retired and loving it
Supporting Member
Jul 2, 2006
Central Wisconsin
Country
Late golf season this year in the frozen tundra. Thursday I had a 47 and 44 for a 91. But if you had to putt on the greens at Waushara CC, you would know why. Ask Warbirdlover. Only "gimmees" we allow are one foot or shorter. Not a long course, but TOUGH!!! Lots of woods, elevation changes, fairway and greenside traps, and deep rough. Big hitters have no advantage unless they're accurate.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
77 this morning. Two birdies. Missed four... FOUR birdie putts inside 5 feet!!! No reason other than I'm the world's worst putter!!!!

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Putter back, this morning, doing its job. Pretty good morning. 75. Don't know that driver or irons were working better. It's all about whether or not the putts drop.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
There can be no form of entertainment more frustrating than the idiotic game of golf!!

Front nine this morning, sailing along. One bird and one bogey for a smooth even par 36. Made the turn to the back and bogeyed the first 6... SIX... holes!!! Parred the last three for a 6 over 42 on the back. 36/42 for a disappointing 78. No idea what changed between #9 and #10.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Yesterday and today were pretty good rounds. Both in the mid 70's. Won $1.00 yesterday and 25 cents today. Rollin' in quarters.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
No golf today. Daughter, SIL, and grandson arrived about 7 a.m. and replaced our front deck. I had most of the existing one ready to load and haul away. They brought the material for the new deck.

A few years ago, they dug a pond on their 10 acres. He got a heck of a deal on a large shipment of composite decking. They used it to build a dock in their pond. There was quite a bit left over.

When the daughter was visiting a couple weeks ago, I mentioned I'd been trying to get someone to replace our deck and it seemed no one wanted the job. She told me they would be up and build a new one for us. The just left, about 12 hours after arriving. Deck is beautiful!!!

Back to the course tomorrow.

🔥 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online