• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

what did you shoot today?

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
No golf today. Daughter, SIL, and grandson arrived about 7 a.m. and replaced our front deck. I had most of the existing one ready to load and haul away. They brought the material for the new deck.

A few years ago, they dug a pond on their 10 acres. He got a heck of a deal on a large shipment of composite decking. They used it to build a dock in their pond. There was quite a bit left over.

When the daughter was visiting a couple weeks ago, I mentioned I'd been trying to get someone to replace our deck and it seemed no one wanted the job. She told me they would be up and build a new one for us. The just left, about 12 hours after arriving. Deck is beautiful!!!

Back to the course tomorrow.
So where's the pics?

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Courses are packed this Memorial Day weekend. Decided not to deal with all the slow pokes.
Ours was busy Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Not quite as busy today. Tee sheet was close to full all 4 days, though.

As I've said, our group has the first tee time 7 days/week. We're done before half the world is even awake. We've had 4 or 5 each of these three days. Still I've been back home no later than 10 a.m. with 18 played.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Won a little money the past couple days. Putter was gold. Today... fell off the rails. Ended up losing $1.00, but was lucky it wasn't more.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Horrific day! 82! Could do nothing with anything in the bag.

As we came to 17... a 135 yard par 3... we saw the pin placement was right on a knoll, just across the sand trap. 5 of us in the group. 3 of us were in the sand and the other two were over the green. We think our group set a record. Three double bogeys and two triple bogeys. I had one of the triples.

Stepped on the par 5 #18 tee with smoke coming out of the top of my head! Nailed a drive. Probably at least 20 yards longer than anyone else in the group. Pulled my 3h SuperHybrid, just wanting to hit a solid shot and have a chip left to the green. Never hit that hybrid that clean. Rolled on the front of the green, leaving about 15 ft to the pin. Yep! Rolled the putt perfectly for an eagle.

Really defined my day. A triple bogey on a par 3 followed by an eagle on a par 5. Sheesh!!!

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Rain quit about 6:30 a.m. Teed off at 7. Much better today! Tossed in one of the Anser 4's and benched the Odyssey. That paid off with a huge 75 cent win!!! Was a good match, today. Only three of us and we battled right up until the last couple holes. I had my down for a 78. The other guy had me at 77. Who cares....

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Didn't play yesterday. A couple of issues with the building permit for our new maintenance shop at the course. Spent the morning on phone calls with the County and a survey firm.

Tournament at the course this weekend. Plan to be back on the course on Monday.

As the new building project at the course begins construction, I probably will no longer play every day. Will be too involved in that, as we are our own general contractor. (I'm too old for this!!)

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Carded a one over par on the front, this morning, 37. Kept it up on the back with a 38. 75.

Enough of these rinky dink new fangled strong lofted irons. I keep trying them and end up disappointed. Cannot stop a ball on a green. PW has the loft of an 7 iron. Why? Put the 1985 Eye 2's back in the bag and card scores under my age!!

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Could do nothing this morning! The only thing that worked was the driver and it not all the time. Think it was an 81 this morning. Too much going on in my mind about the building project at the course. Dirt contractor moved in yesterday and began working. Still fighting over the building permit so had to put off the concrete contractor for a couple weeks. Meeting this afternoon with the course's financial advisor. Meeting tomorrow with a consulting engineer about breaking up one of our parcels of property so the new building sits on a separate parcel. Spent time on the phone with our mechanical contractor about a couple questions on the building. And... I'm retired........

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Came back and played okay the past two days. 79. 77. Lost 25 cents both days. No help from partners. Guess won't be takin' wifey out for steaks this weekend!!

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Still playing every day. Beginning to see the summer heat working its way in. Been awesome mornings, but don't know how the rest of this week will work. Ambient temps supposed to hit triple digits by Wednesday.

The second and fourth Mondays we give the maintenance crew a little longer to take care of things they can't do with play on the course. First tee time is 10:00 a.m. instead of our usual 7:00.

This morning there were only two of us. A couple guys go fishing when the tee time is later. Another has a son running fireworks stands and is helping him. A couple others are just chicken to play going into the heat. So, the oldest... he turns 83 this week and I hit the course at 10:00. I put my cart away in my cart shed with 18 holes of golf played at 12:05. Almost exactly 2 hours to play 18 holes of golf. That's the way the game is supposed to be played!!

Been playing crappy. If one thing works, nothing else does. Last Friday had the worst round in months. Wanted to take up shuffleboard or checkers and give up this dastardly game of golf!!! Played a little better over the weekend. Today, have no idea what the heck happened. Carded a 2 under 70!!! My short game was superb. My partner said he'd never seen me play this well... and neither had I!!! Driver was working. Putter was working. Hit some short irons that were pin seekers.

Knowing tomorrow will bring me back to reality!!!

The last couple days have had the Eye 2+ BeCu's in the bag. Love these clubs. Have a golf trip coming up in a couple weeks in Iowa. (IOWA... Idiots Out Wondering Around) Want to take the BeCu's so I can, maybe, play respectably. Always worry about someone lifting one of the wedges out of my bag if I stop at the turn, etc. Oh, well.... At 77 and my buddy at 83, still playing this game.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Still playing most every day. Met Minnesota relatives in Iowa week before last. Got in two good days of golf, other than suffering from a toothache. Our weather, here, has been really hot. We're still playing at 7:00 a.m. so are done and home before 10. Best time of the day to play during this heat.

Still keeping the Eye 2+ BeCu's in the bag. They just seem to do what they're supposed to. The driver has been my best friend for a few weeks, now. Tried a number of "R" flex shafts and my ridiculous swing just has difficulty controlling them. Put the Aldila Rogue "S" flex back in and it's been doing great the past couple weeks.

The group of old codgers is still able to assemble. "J" just turned 83. "K" will turn 80 in mid August. The young bucks are in their mid to upper 60's. We still trash talk and fight like cats and dogs. Good thing politics is not allowed or some of the trash talk might actually turn serious! :>)

Won $1.00 yesterday and another $1.50 this morning. Probably will lose it all tomorrow. Still better than sitting in the recliner all day.

Keeping busier than I want to with the building project at the course. Concrete is in and waiting on cure time. Building erection crew due mid August. Should have the building enclosed and finishing the interior by Labor Day. In no hurry. Maintenance crew is too busy mowing, etc. this time of year to move from the old shop to the new facility. Fought with regulatory agencies for the building permit. Finally got that through by sending a City Commissioner in the back door. Meeting with the bank later this afternoon.

Course is having another banner year. At the end of June, our income was at almost 80% of what we had budgeted for the entire year. Need it to pay for this $500,000 new maintenance facility!!!

I'm at about 160 days left on the Board. This is my 6th year and I'm worn out. Being President this year, with the building project, has kept me running and I'm too old to run!!!

Wish there was more active discussion on ShotTalk!! Still afraid the owner will shut it down one of these days. Been a good run, though!

🔥 Latest posts