• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

What do tour pros think of Sadlowski?

OP
295yards

295yards

May 5, 2009
Slow down 295, I didn't mean anything derogatory about Sadlowski. And I'll admit, I didn't look him up, if he is a scratch golfer already, then someone is probably already working with him to fine tune the rest of his game.

Yes his distance is amazing, without a doubt. But, personally, I would much rather be a trunk slammer most weekends on the tour, than the LD Champion. But hey, that is just me.

When I took golf back up 3 years ago, I was out driving most everyone I played with, but the rest of my game sucked. Now through much work and tweaking, I'm shooting a few strokes better than I was then, but I feel much better about my game. I actually have a iron game and short game now. Hopefully I will find my old driver swing again one day, and hopefully learn to putt. :D

Sorry, if I got testy.
I think I know what you mean and I hope you know how I feel.
Some forum members cannot comprehand the possibilities of averaging 285+yards.
It's internet imagination they say!
I know I cannot crank the ball 320yards plus.
I may get to around 150ish on a 500yard par 5 sometimes but that does mean I hit it 350+.
I hit on a trackman twice a week and right now my driving average is 292yards with only a handful each day going just over 300yards.
And after that, I know I can and will often get my arse handed to me by someone as much as 60yards shorter with 30years experience in the short game.
I think I was taking what you said as regurgitated golf forum speak.
I don't know?

<TABLE align=center><TBODY><TR><TD><TABLE align=center><TBODY><TR><TD>
top_view.1243464987.jpg
</TD></TR><TR><TD>
traj_view.1243464987.jpg
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD><TABLE align=center><TBODY><TR><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD><TABLE borderColor=#22247a rules=none border=0><TBODY><TR><TH align=middle bgColor=#404040>Club</TH><TH align=middle bgColor=#404040>Shots</TH><TD align=middle bgColor=#404040>
Dist.
(Yds)
</TD><TD align=middle bgColor=#404040>
Carry
(Yds)
Run
(Yds)
Height
(Yds)
</TD><TD align=middle bgColor=#404040>Draw
Fade

(Yds)
</TD><TD align=middle bgColor=#404040>Club
Speed

(MPH)
</TD><TD align=middle bgColor=#404040>Ball
Vel.

(MPH)
</TD><TD align=middle bgColor=#404040>Back
Spin

(RPM)
</TD><TD align=middle bgColor=#404040>Side
Spin

(RPM)
</TD><TD align=middle bgColor=#404040>Vert.
Launch

(Degs)
</TD><TD align=middle bgColor=#404040>Horz.
Launch

(Degs)
</TD></TR><TR><TH noWrap align=left bgColor=#a0a0a0>DR</TH><TD align=middle bgColor=#c0c0c0>18</TD><TD align=middle bgColor=#a0a0a0>291</TD><TD align=middle bgColor=#c0c0c0>277</TD><TD align=middle bgColor=#a0a0a0>14</TD><TD align=middle bgColor=#c0c0c0>37</TD><TD align=middle bgColor=#a0a0a0>15</TD><TD align=middle bgColor=#c0c0c0>105</TD><TD align=middle bgColor=#a0a0a0>157</TD><TD align=middle bgColor=#c0c0c0>2936</TD><TD align=middle bgColor=#a0a0a0>150 R</TD><TD align=middle bgColor=#c0c0c0>9.1°</TD><TD align=middle bgColor=#a0a0a0>-0.6°</TD></TR><TR><TH noWrap align=left bgColor=#a0a0a0>8I</TH><TD align=middle bgColor=#c0c0c0>4</TD><TD align=middle bgColor=#a0a0a0>202</TD><TD align=middle bgColor=#c0c0c0>195</TD><TD align=middle bgColor=#a0a0a0>7</TD><TD align=middle bgColor=#c0c0c0>34</TD><TD align=middle bgColor=#a0a0a0>13</TD><TD align=middle bgColor=#c0c0c0>88</TD><TD align=middle bgColor=#a0a0a0>123</TD><TD align=middle bgColor=#c0c0c0>4236</TD><TD align=middle bgColor=#a0a0a0>210 L</TD><TD align=middle bgColor=#c0c0c0>16.6°</TD><TD align=middle bgColor=#a0a0a0>-1.7°</TD></TR><TR><TH noWrap align=left bgColor=#a0a0a0>PW</TH><TD align=middle bgColor=#c0c0c0>5</TD><TD align=middle bgColor=#a0a0a0>156</TD><TD align=middle bgColor=#c0c0c0>154</TD><TD align=middle bgColor=#a0a0a0>3</TD><TD align=middle bgColor=#c0c0c0>31</TD><TD align=middle bgColor=#a0a0a0>5</TD><TD align=middle bgColor=#c0c0c0>79</TD><TD align=middle bgColor=#a0a0a0>103</TD><TD align=middle bgColor=#c0c0c0>5386</TD><TD align=middle bgColor=#a0a0a0>320 L</TD><TD align=middle bgColor=#c0c0c0>21.5°</TD><TD align=middle bgColor=#a0a0a0>1.3°</TD></TR><TR><TH noWrap align=left bgColor=#a0a0a0>LW</TH><TD align=middle bgColor=#c0c0c0>4</TD><TD align=middle bgColor=#a0a0a0>108</TD><TD align=middle bgColor=#c0c0c0>107</TD><TD align=middle bgColor=#a0a0a0>2</TD><TD align=middle bgColor=#c0c0c0>24</TD><TD align=middle bgColor=#a0a0a0>5</TD><TD align=middle bgColor=#c0c0c0>59</TD><TD align=middle bgColor=#a0a0a0>75</TD><TD align=middle bgColor=#c0c0c0>7115</TD><TD align=middle bgColor=#a0a0a0>152 L</TD><TD align=middle bgColor=#c0c0c0>29.6°</TD><TD align=middle bgColor=#a0a0a0>-0.1°</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

OP
295yards

295yards

May 5, 2009
295 - don't mind some of the comments. I think it's great that you are bringing this Sadlowski guy to our attention. I'd never heard of him before.

Thanks!
It's nice to feel welcome!

OP
295yards

295yards

May 5, 2009
Golf is so much more than driving it a long way and if this kid or any coach thought he could make it then he would be vying for $10 million purses every week on tour is my guess.

The young kids at my club don't understand how I am 44 years old, drive it 250ish and play to a 3 handicap. Same principle, but on a meager level.

To that end, I remember watching Stadler Jr and Jason Zuback play in a small one day event for one of the Nationwide stops in Idaho...maybe a year ago. In one word, embarassing. Zuback would pound it 30 yards, chunk a chip and 3 putt. Yea he made a couple of eagles, but probably shot 80. Poor Jason's putting stroke was the 2nd cousin to Barkley's full swing. The difference in hitting a properly compressed iron shot and swinging up on a driver in the manner these guys do is like comparing apples and oranges.

You are totally right!
Golf is alot more!
FWIW. Zubac is roughly a 3 handicap I thought.
...playing aside a tour pro...cameras on... everyone wanting to see driver on every hole... 80 on a real tough track is not embarassing, I think!

dave.

Mar 20, 2005
Have you ever been to a ReMax event? I have seen these guys and it's amazing, but if you look at how wide the landing area is for these guys it's comical. I would hit 100% of my fairways forever with their parameters....it's a parking lot they hit into. So, Zuback was in the trees most of the day as well at the Albertson's event. Dude, I'm amateur nobody and could kick Zubacks ass in stroke play. I would love to take him over to Avila....he would run out of balls after 9 holes.

tell me about his amatuer record, or his pro record? Then compare to two shortr hitters, Pavin and Faxon? mI have never dispiuted these guys do aamzing things, I'm a golfer, I can appreciate this feat. But it isn't golf. How mnay baseball players do you guys celebarte, who can't play baseball, but can hit the ball further than anyone else, off the field? Of a great free thrower in basketball, but he isn'y good enough to eb a pro, he just practices 6 hours a day top get into the guiness book of records?

I love watching these guys, but they would get their arses kicked by many short hitters, because what they do is just a freak show, not golf (albeit still amazing)

OP
295yards

295yards

May 5, 2009
tell me about his amatuer record, or his pro record? Then compare to two shortr hitters, Pavin and Faxon? mI have never dispiuted these guys do aamzing things, I'm a golfer, I can appreciate this feat. But it isn't golf. How mnay baseball players do you guys celebarte, who can't play baseball, but can hit the ball further than anyone else, off the field? Of a great free thrower in basketball, but he isn'y good enough to eb a pro, he just practices 6 hours a day top get into the guiness book of records?

I love watching these guys, but they would get their arses kicked by many short hitters, because what they do is just a freak show, not golf (albeit still amazing)

I think there will always be some anomosities and misunderstandings between short and longer hitters!
I'm not sure how the shorter hitters feel, but for me it feels like we are "attacked", like we think we are macho and the brunt of responses we get are..."you think you're something, I'm something! I can kick your butt all day long with my tour like short game".
Like we are cavemen, strong and stupid and everyone else is more intelligent and skilled.
Everyone knows the short game is huge, INCLUDING me.
When I first started hitting the ball longer I had so many bogeys on short par 4's where I was just 30yards from the green.
I'd hit it as close to the green as I could assuming the closer the easier but for the life of me I could not chip over bunkers and two putt for par.
I am, and I bet, most longer hitters are working on their short games religously.
It's a tough game and if someone has amazing touch, GREAT.
For me it's going to take time! There are ALOT of shots trying to get close to the hole.
When I go out to golf I never ever worry what someone else is shooting.
Doesn't phase me the slightest bit is someone beats me, (except maybe my brother. He's always chirping in the background).
I'm at the level I'm at and I just go out and do the best that day that I can.
No ones paying me to play!
I am really just looking for some common grounds with fellow golfers on these forums.
I go to the long drive forums and I cannot relate at all.
Those clubhead speeds are over 140mph and they carry the ball 350+ yards.

rolltherock

Dec 9, 2008
I think there will always be some anomosities and misunderstandings between short and longer hitters!
I'm not sure how the shorter hitters feel, but for me it feels like we are "attacked", like we think we are macho and the brunt of responses we get are..."you think you're something, I'm something! I can kick your butt all day long with my tour like short game".
Like we are cavemen, strong and stupid and everyone else is more intelligent and skilled.
When I first started hitting the ball longer I had so many bogeys on short par 4's where I was just 30yards from the green.
I'd hit it as close to the green as I could assuming the closer the easier but for the life of me I could not chip over bunkers and two putt for par.
I am, and I bet, most longer hitters are working on their short games religously.
For me it's going to take time! There are ALOT of shots trying to get close to the hole.
Doesn't phase me the slightest bit is someone beats me, (except maybe my brother. He's always chirping in the background).
I am really just looking for some common grounds with fellow golfers on these forums.

Aw heck I hope you don't feel I was attacking anyone. I thought the question here was, why has no one seen this guy competing on a stroke play/professional level. I was merely pointing out that by and large, golf gets more difficult the closer you get to the hole. This is my saving grace as I age b/c of technology. I have been working with an Adams A4 on a launch monitor that has given me close to 25 yards(on a simulator), but I have not pulled the trigger to buy yet. The reality is I don't feel it will have much impact if any on my scores b/c I won't hit a driver on holes where it would put me into the narrow parts of the fairway. It might let me go at par 5's in two which I have not done in 15 years. I tee off with a hybrid and hit a mid iron to my fav wedge distance.....the A4 could change that for me and I'm considering it.

Yes distance can help you, but only if you know how to golf your ball. That was my crux and focus of the comments.

I just couldn't imagine this kid toiling around the LD circuit if he had the skills to make it in the stroke play $ tours.

Addendum: I read an article this morning where he states he is scratch at his home club in Canada....so maybe we have something here. He is the first LD competitor to actually have a swing based on fundamentals...it's not Godzilla vs. the Acushnet like the others.

What I really liked was this comment:
He is also young and, after being handed a US$250,000 winner's cheque in Nevada, rich. "I bought a new truck with the money," he says. "I put the rest away in the bank so it can grow."

SMART KID!

dave.

Mar 20, 2005
No problem

I love what these guys do, and most of the words top players hit the ball a long way, distance is very important to a top player

The Salt Vampire

...and loving it.
Aug 14, 2006

Threadjack. 295, why do hit return after every sentence? It looks like some sort of non-rhyming anger poetry when you post.

rolltherock

Dec 9, 2008
No problem

I love what these guys do, and most of the words top players hit the ball a long way, distance is very important to a top player

Yup, 'top player' is the operative phrase there. When he can get up and down, can 5 footers for par and control his iron distances, he will be a top player.

With the new groove rule distance with pinpoint accuracy will be paramount! I think the days of the bomb and gouge are going to slow a lot. It won't be completely over, but I think we will se a lot more competition from the guys who live in the short grass.

I never quite understood why the PGA felt they would make it more competitive by lengthening. Just taper in the fairway and let the rough grow baby....the scrambling will follow!

dave.

Mar 20, 2005
Long driving is to golf what those Japanese drifters are to motorsport. They can drift around corners with one leg out of the window, but would they ever win an F1 race?

The Salt Vampire

...and loving it.
Aug 14, 2006
Long driving is to golf what those Japanese drifters are to motorsport. They can drift around corners with one leg out of the window, but would they ever win an F1 race?

I think a better example would be when they talk about baseball players being "five-tool" players. Hitting for Power, Hitting for Average, Running, Throwing and Fielding.

In hockey we have Skating, Skill, Hockey Sense, Size and Heart. Few NHL players don't have at least 3 of the 5.

What would the five be in golf? Power, Accuracy, Short Game/Wedges, Putting and Mental. Maybe power could be Driving and Accuracy could be Irons? Regardless, many of these Long Drive guys "can't hit the curveball" and are one tool players.

dave.

Mar 20, 2005
Distance
iron control
100 yards in
around the greens
on the green?

niblick

Jun 13, 2007
Sorry, if I got testy.
I think I know what you mean and I hope you know how I feel.
Some forum members cannot comprehand the possibilities of averaging 285+yards.
It's internet imagination they say!
I know I cannot crank the ball 320yards plus.
I may get to around 150ish on a 500yard par 5 sometimes but that does mean I hit it 350+.
I hit on a trackman twice a week and right now my driving average is 292yards with only a handful each day going just over 300yards.
And after that, I know I can and will often get my arse handed to me by someone as much as 60yards shorter with 30years experience in the short game.
I think I was taking what you said as regurgitated golf forum speak.
I don't know?

<table align="center"><tbody><tr><td><table align="center"><tbody><tr><td>
top_view.1243464987.jpg
</td></tr><tr><td>
traj_view.1243464987.jpg
</td></tr></tbody></table></td></tr><tr><td><table align="center"><tbody><tr><td>
</td></tr><tr><td><table rules="none" border="0" bordercolor="#22247a"><tbody><tr><th align="middle" bgcolor="#404040">Club</th><th align="middle" bgcolor="#404040">Shots</th><td align="middle" bgcolor="#404040">
Dist.
(Yds)
</td><td align="middle" bgcolor="#404040">
Carry
(Yds)
Run
(Yds)
Height
(Yds)
</td><td align="middle" bgcolor="#404040">Draw
Fade

(Yds)
</td><td align="middle" bgcolor="#404040">Club
Speed

(MPH)
</td><td align="middle" bgcolor="#404040">Ball
Vel.

(MPH)
</td><td align="middle" bgcolor="#404040">Back
Spin

(RPM)
</td><td align="middle" bgcolor="#404040">Side
Spin

(RPM)
</td><td align="middle" bgcolor="#404040">Vert.
Launch

(Degs)
</td><td align="middle" bgcolor="#404040">Horz.
Launch

(Degs)
</td></tr><tr><th align="left" bgcolor="#a0a0a0" nowrap="nowrap">DR</th><td align="middle" bgcolor="#c0c0c0">18</td><td align="middle" bgcolor="#a0a0a0">291</td><td align="middle" bgcolor="#c0c0c0">277</td><td align="middle" bgcolor="#a0a0a0">14</td><td align="middle" bgcolor="#c0c0c0">37</td><td align="middle" bgcolor="#a0a0a0">15</td><td align="middle" bgcolor="#c0c0c0">105</td><td align="middle" bgcolor="#a0a0a0">157</td><td align="middle" bgcolor="#c0c0c0">2936</td><td align="middle" bgcolor="#a0a0a0">150 R</td><td align="middle" bgcolor="#c0c0c0">9.1°</td><td align="middle" bgcolor="#a0a0a0">-0.6°</td></tr><tr><th align="left" bgcolor="#a0a0a0" nowrap="nowrap">8I</th><td align="middle" bgcolor="#c0c0c0">4</td><td align="middle" bgcolor="#a0a0a0">202</td><td align="middle" bgcolor="#c0c0c0">195</td><td align="middle" bgcolor="#a0a0a0">7</td><td align="middle" bgcolor="#c0c0c0">34</td><td align="middle" bgcolor="#a0a0a0">13</td><td align="middle" bgcolor="#c0c0c0">88</td><td align="middle" bgcolor="#a0a0a0">123</td><td align="middle" bgcolor="#c0c0c0">4236</td><td align="middle" bgcolor="#a0a0a0">210 L</td><td align="middle" bgcolor="#c0c0c0">16.6°</td><td align="middle" bgcolor="#a0a0a0">-1.7°</td></tr><tr><th align="left" bgcolor="#a0a0a0" nowrap="nowrap">PW</th><td align="middle" bgcolor="#c0c0c0">5</td><td align="middle" bgcolor="#a0a0a0">156</td><td align="middle" bgcolor="#c0c0c0">154</td><td align="middle" bgcolor="#a0a0a0">3</td><td align="middle" bgcolor="#c0c0c0">31</td><td align="middle" bgcolor="#a0a0a0">5</td><td align="middle" bgcolor="#c0c0c0">79</td><td align="middle" bgcolor="#a0a0a0">103</td><td align="middle" bgcolor="#c0c0c0">5386</td><td align="middle" bgcolor="#a0a0a0">320 L</td><td align="middle" bgcolor="#c0c0c0">21.5°</td><td align="middle" bgcolor="#a0a0a0">1.3°</td></tr><tr><th align="left" bgcolor="#a0a0a0" nowrap="nowrap">LW</th><td align="middle" bgcolor="#c0c0c0">4</td><td align="middle" bgcolor="#a0a0a0">108</td><td align="middle" bgcolor="#c0c0c0">107</td><td align="middle" bgcolor="#a0a0a0">2</td><td align="middle" bgcolor="#c0c0c0">24</td><td align="middle" bgcolor="#a0a0a0">5</td><td align="middle" bgcolor="#c0c0c0">59</td><td align="middle" bgcolor="#a0a0a0">75</td><td align="middle" bgcolor="#c0c0c0">7115</td><td align="middle" bgcolor="#a0a0a0">152 L</td><td align="middle" bgcolor="#c0c0c0">29.6°</td><td align="middle" bgcolor="#a0a0a0">-0.1°</td></tr></tbody></table></td></tr></tbody></table></td></tr></tbody></table>

277 carry with ball speed in the 150s and 9 degree launch angle... wow. Wouldn't have guessed that.

OP
295yards

295yards

May 5, 2009
Sorry about the innaccurate posting.
I assume from the grid and numbers outlined you'd be able to tell that is
taken on AboutGolf software and not Trackman which shws a different grid. AboutGolf averages about 20yards longer carry than actual coupled with my lower ballspeeds at that time.
I'm a speed trainer and was struggling slightly at that time. I was only carrying the ball 255ish at that time with an overalltotal of 280ish.
That's all resolved and my ballspeeds now are 160-170mph and my carries are 265-285yards.
I could get into it and post vid of my swing and trackman data but does it really matter?
FWIW, refer to the golf simulator posting and check the times posted if you're really picky!

<TABLE align=center><TBODY><TR><TD><TABLE align=center><TBODY><TR><TD>
top_view.1243551915.jpg
</TD></TR><TR><TD>
traj_view.1243551915.jpg
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD><TABLE align=center><TBODY><TR><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD><TABLE borderColor=#22247a rules=none border=0><TBODY><TR><TH align=middle bgColor=#404040>Club</TH><TH align=middle bgColor=#404040>Shots</TH><TD align=middle bgColor=#404040>
Dist.
(Yds)
Carry
(Yds)
Run
(Yds)
Height
(Yds)
</TD><TD align=middle bgColor=#404040>Draw
Fade

(Yds)
</TD><TD align=middle bgColor=#404040>Club
Speed

(MPH)
</TD><TD align=middle bgColor=#404040>Ball
Vel.

(MPH)
</TD><TD align=middle bgColor=#404040>Back
Spin

(RPM)
</TD><TD align=middle bgColor=#404040>Side
Spin

(RPM)
</TD><TD align=middle bgColor=#404040>Vert.
Launch

(Degs)
</TD><TD align=middle bgColor=#404040>Horz.
Launch

(Degs)
</TD></TR><TR><TH noWrap align=left bgColor=#a0a0a0>DR</TH><TD align=middle bgColor=#c0c0c0>1</TD><TD align=middle bgColor=#a0a0a0>309</TD><TD align=middle bgColor=#c0c0c0>303</TD><TD align=middle bgColor=#a0a0a0>5</TD><TD align=middle bgColor=#c0c0c0>60</TD><TD align=middle bgColor=#a0a0a0>15</TD><TD align=middle bgColor=#c0c0c0>121</TD><TD align=middle bgColor=#a0a0a0>165</TD><TD align=middle bgColor=#c0c0c0>3878</TD><TD align=middle bgColor=#a0a0a0>300 R</TD><TD align=middle bgColor=#c0c0c0>11.3°</TD><TD align=middle bgColor=#a0a0a0>5.3°</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.