• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

What do you do after a bad round.

Fourputt

Littleton, Colorado
Sep 5, 2006
If I beat myself up over every bad round I shoot, I'd be in a padded room. For one thing, when I have a really bad one, I treat it as what it is, an aberration, and I certainly don't lose any sleep over it. And going to the range is useless for me, because it's more of a ME thing that it is a swing thing when that happens. Usually it's just not being able to get focused on the game that day, and no amount of practice is going to make that better.

A good night's sleep and cleansing the memory banks with a pint or two of a good rich ale is far more beneficial for me. :laugh:

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
Ask yourself whether your new home course demands a style of play that you aren't used to. Maybe you're one of those guys who likes to hit driver on every par 4 and par 5. And maybe this course demands caution off many of the tee boxes. Are the fairways significantly different? Is the turf softer? Maybe your swing needs to change a bit to accommodate. I think it always takes some time to "figure out" a new course, especially if that course is well designed.

Sometimes we think our swing has deserted us, when the real problem is how we are reacting to the frustration of a new situation.

On the other hand, you say your range sessions aren't good either. That does point to something in your swing going awry. Perhaps you should videotape yourself and see what you see. Or post it here and let the experts comment.

The bid

Aug 22, 2007
After a bad round I usually bend my putter around a tree. I do that about 5 times a year.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online