• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

What do you do?

FATC1TY

Taylormade Ho' Magnet
May 29, 2008
So what does everyone do to pay the bills, and play the great game of golf?

Sit at home in your sweatpants while your other part sweats away? Mooch off your parents, while you want QVC and each chips?

I'm a polyurethane foam chemist, and have been doing it for around 4 years now. I make all that memory foam and conventional foam you see in numerous furniture stores, and in mattresses, as well as high priced yachts/boats and RV's. If your comfortable, no need to thank me! :)

It's a taxing job, working with machines and saws, as well as formulations and chemicals that aren't exactly pleasing to your body, not to mention helping manage an entire plant- but it pays the bills, and keeps up my lifestyle..

Bakemono36

Aug 24, 2008
Im a genator technician. Basically, when the generator comes to the end of the assembley line, its my job to hook it up, run it and make sure that it runs like its supposed to, that all the electrical connections are good, that there are no fuel leaks, no oil leaks and that it generates the proper amount of electricity. If it doesnt work as it should, its my job to diagnose whats wrong with it and if its a quick fix, to fix it myself. If its something thats more involved, I put a tag on it and it gets taken off the line and fixed.
I like the job. I make enough money to live a fairly comfortable life and its a fairly laid-back working environment, so I cant complain. Plus, most the people there are pretty cool and easy to get along with.

zaphod

Jan 30, 2007
Own and manage a Irrigated farm in Central Wisconsin.I grew up on a farm, got a degree from U of Wisconsin - Madison in Medical Technology. Worked in that field for 6 years that gravitated back to agriculture----and loving it.

It's great to have a profession one truly enjoys. And a hobby such as golf. Life is good.

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
I move furniture. Job sucks but I like it better than sitting in one place all day. Gives me time off (without pay of course) to play golf a lot in the middle of the month. Plus it keeps me in good shape.

MIKE1218

Top Bloke
Dec 21, 2006
I am a salesman/stocker at a retail outdoor, farm, hardware, everything store. I am in the sporting goods dept. which is mostly fishing, hunting, and boating.

millrivermem

Aug 12, 2008
im a red seal carpanter.i basically get to sweat alot and bleed sometimes a freeze sometimes,become a relationship councellor for new home owners and hit my thumbs with a hammer that looks like a 2 pound meat tenderizer...friggin love it

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
Cop...the most thankless job in the world, but it's what I enjoy.

At least you have a beautiful dog, :D

I do campaign work for a unpartisan(you know how that goes) institution that attempts to get information on politicians that are running to people who want it.

Honestly we get the poorest of the poor, and the richest of the rich, some are already biased, but some come in with an open mind and are really great to talk to.

OP
FATC1TY

FATC1TY

Taylormade Ho' Magnet
May 29, 2008
WCD,

Well excuse me... I'll remember to check with you to see if it's okay next time to post something.

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
I am the resident ST metallurgist. :D

Actually am the corporate engineering metallurgist for a large transmission company.

:)

But you all knew this already... :D

Dusty90

Another Canuck
May 6, 2007
nixdad said:
Cop...the most thankless job in the world, but it's what I enjoy.

Ah crap, theres a cop on the board, now I need to watch what I say closer, don't want to say anything illegal now :laugh:

As of right now I am unemployed, used to work at a sports store where I live, but have worked my last shift before leaving. Going to school to be an engineer, so if all goes as planned, thats what i will be doing in 4 years time.

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
I made the same mistake too...asked the same question when i first joined the forum...reposts happen...no biggie

I am a computer programmer for a company that administers at home care and also runs adult day care centers

Love the job, absolutely love the company i hope i never have to leave, pay is good...i couldnt be happier.

SCGolfer

Jan 12, 2007
I design plans for a residential builder and some friends that build a few houses a year. I am a licensed contractor but since this is not the time to be building houses I don't really have anything going on with that.

Jason

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Almost 40 years in construction and engineering of municipal drinking water and wastewater (sewage) facilities. And, hoping the advancing old age doesn't cause me to forget to keep them separate!!

Members online

No members online now.