• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

What do you do?

MIKE1218

Top Bloke
Dec 21, 2006
Going to school to be an engineer, so if all goes as planned, thats what i will be doing in 4 years time.

Where are you going to school? What kind of engineering? I am a senior right now, in the college search. I'm positive that both Michigan Tech and Kettering University will accept me, but I am having a lot of difficulty deciding where I want to go. Either school will give a great mechanical engineering degree.

Dusty90

Another Canuck
May 6, 2007
MIKE1218 said:
Where are you going to school? What kind of engineering? I am a senior right now, in the college search. I'm positive that both Michigan Tech and Kettering University will accept me, but I am having a lot of difficulty deciding where I want to go. Either school will give a great mechanical engineering degree.

Im going to Queen's University in Kingston, and as for what type, I dont really know for sure yet since it is a general first year. But if I had to choose right now it would be Mechanical, but I am trying to keep the options open. You sound like you are in the same boat as I was last year, I was trying to decide between Queen's and UBC, it really can be a tough decision of where you want to spend the next four years of your life.

I heard some good things about Kettering, (dont remeber what they were) but enough for me to look into it and quickly decide that I couldn't afford to go to the US for university

TheWOAT

Sep 26, 2006
Im an obstacle to business (both large and small), and generally just get in the way. Yup, I work for the County.

sandwedge

Oct 19, 2006
Sales Manager. I work for a very large wireless company but my focus is on selling data networks. Monday thru Friday, 8-5 hours so I am a weekend warrior when it comes to playing golf.

xamilo

Right Curving Driver....
Supporting Member
Dec 22, 2007
Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery Resident

rubber314chicken

Thats what she said
Dec 27, 2007
play at my school's home course. at a mere $1 per nine, I can afford it!

other than that, I talk my parents into buying the rest, and it just becomes my birthday and Christmas gifts... but for some reason I see a set of irons in a month or two.

Slingblade61

Supporting Member
Aug 26, 2004
I am a carpenter also. Specialize in finish carpentry and timber frame construction.

I'm working on this little shack (again). last year it burned to the ground 3 weeks before moving day. Nothing left but the chimney stacks.

Not much paint on yet, all work is in progress.

I'm a also a professional e-babysitter. ;)
HP 016.jpg
HP 006.jpg
HP 010.jpg
HP 012.jpg
HP 021.jpg

OP
FATC1TY

FATC1TY

Taylormade Ho' Magnet
May 29, 2008
I am a carpenter also. Specialize in finish carpentry and timber frame construction.

I'm working on this little shack (again). last year it burned to the ground 3 weeks before moving day. Nothing left but the chimney stacks.

Those coffered ceilings are gorgeous....

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States

I admire you sling, and all of you finish carpenters...

I have tried my hand in the finish carpentry stuff...i dont have the patience for it...or i am too much of a perfectionist and even things that arent going to show in the end have to be perfect...idk, but thats tough work, but very rewarding when its done right.

The g/f knows to leave me alone when i am doing stuff like this...as there will belots of yelling and swearing untill i finally get it right and all is well again.

Awesome pics!

🔥 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online