• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

what do you hate the most?

what do you hate the most?

• hitting OB from tee

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • complete whiff

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Libre

Jul 29, 2007
Country
United States United States
not necessarily in terms of scoring, but in terms of the feeling in your gut when you hit it?

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
Normally can pitch close to the pin. Chunking it costs me a stroke. Happens more often then the other choices.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
With postage stamp greens and the ridiculously short club distances of a 71 year old swing, I MUST be able to chip the ball close. 90 yards out? No problem. Greenside? No problem. 10 yards to 80 yards... a chunk or a s****k can happen. When it does, I'm ready to trade my clubs for a checkers and a checker board and head to the nursing home. Honestly, the CBX wedge has helped with the chunking. I'm just not consistent enough with it yet. I blame some of that on no depth perception from these old eyes. (Can't see. Can't hear. But I can still drive!!!) And, the chunk has nothing to do with eyesight. It has everything to do from mental errors in my brain-dead head.

PaPaD

Geezer, recovering club ho.
Supporting Member
Jan 5, 2015
Fredericksburg VA & Hernando FLA
Country
I voted leaving a ball in the sand. It's rare for me to do it, so I expect to be putting after a sand shot from a greenside bunker. I really hate that.

Additionally - I DESPISE any course designed by P. B. Dye (the guy who somehow made a fortune designing golf courses to make golfers hate him)

OP
Libre

Libre

Jul 29, 2007
Country
Today's round - 17th hole - par 4. I'm almost home in 2, with a good drive and slightly pushed approach. I have a 35 yard pitch over a bunker, to the center of green. I chunked the ball - hit it heavy - into the front of the bunker, barely got it out, chipped to the hole and two putted for a triple. This is why the chunked pitch is my most hated shot. It happens all too often. But I had (for me) a very good round anyway, with a 101. That's about the best I seem to be able to shoot.

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
I voted leaving a ball in the sand. It's rare for me to do it, so I expect to be putting after a sand shot from a greenside bunker. I really hate that.

Additionally - I DESPISE any course designed by P. B. Dye (the guy who somehow made a fortune designing golf courses to make golfers hate him)
Before they re-did the old Playboy club (now Grand Geneva) "Briar Patch" course designed by Dye and Nicklaus I played that a few times with a friend. The most vile, disgusting, unfriendly course on this planet. Now they've re-done it to make it easy because no one would play it. I have to say Dye's two course near Sheboygan, Whistling Straits and Blackwolf Run are awesome courses. Especially the River course at Blackwolf run. Those are two Dye courses you would love.

Uncle Azzhole

Jack of all trades, azzhole in all of them...
Apr 30, 2018
Salem Oregon
Country
I voted "or name your most hated thing in the comments" I hate going into a bunker and skulling it 100 yards away :mad: I hate sand!!

Dufferpauly

Jan 23, 2018
Country
I really hate an entire group foot bail out of the carts looking for a lost ball that never turns up

OP
Libre

Libre

Jul 29, 2007
Country
I really hate an entire group foot bail out of the carts looking for a lost ball that never turns up
Or, the group in front that just won't move.
You're watching. Just within the range of your next shot, a man takes a practice swing. Then another one. Then he steps up. Then he backs off. Another practice swing. Another practice swing. Steps up. Stands there frozen for awhile. Finally he swings. Does he move up now? No, time for a few more practice swings.

Last edited:

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Or, the group in front that just won't move.
You're watching. Just within the range of your next shot, a man takes a practice swing. Then another one. Then he steps up. Then he backs off. Another practice swing. Another practice swing. Steps up. Stands there frozen for awhile. Finally he swings. Does he move up now? No, time for a few more practice swings.

Waits in cart while others in group find their balls and hit. AFTER everyone else in the group has hit, finally crawls out of cart. Pulls out rangefinder and decides how far it is to the hole. Pulls club. Cleans face of club with towel. Takes 3 or 4 practice swings. Backs off. Shakes head and gets rangefinder back out. Goes back to cart and changes clubs. 4 more practice swings. Finally swings and shanks ball at a 45 degree angle into the righthand woods. Throws club 50 yards to the left. Walks to where his club landed and picks it up. Walks back to the cart. Returns club to bag. Drives the rental cart into the trees looking for his ball. Gets cart hung up on fallen tree limb. Hollers at others in his group to help him get cart unstuck. Now all 4 or 5 in the group are looking for his lost ball deep in the timber. Not one of them looks back to acknowledge the group waiting behind them.

🔥 Latest posts