• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

WHAT DO YOU MEAN THE COURSE IS CLOSED?

Golfbum

THAT'S SOLID
Jan 14, 2005
This could be anyone of us living in Canada or the northern United States.
:canadafla :usflag:
golf.jpg

S

spankdoggie

I have golfed in snowboard pants and boots in a furious rain/wind storm. We were the only ones on the course and it was closed... Heaven.

OP
Golfbum

Golfbum

THAT'S SOLID
Jan 14, 2005
COURSE CLOSED

The course wasn't closed and we golfed in a snow storm! As we went up the hill to the 10th green it kept snowing harder and harder. By time we got to the green there was about 2 inches of snow on it. Being the dedicated golfers we are we had to flip a coin to decide if we would contend with this problem or go back to the club house for a beer. Beer toss won!
I have played in some nasty weather here in southern Ontario, sleet, snow, hail, heck one day we played the first 6 holes in a fog so thick we could not see the pin on a 145 yard Par 3. Amazing thing was 3 out of 4 of us hit the green and parred it! We joked about our drives being hit so far that they were outa site:wow:
Lightning is the only weather element that drives us off the course. No need to die over a round of golf.

Silver

I don't have a handicap.
Dec 5, 2004
I played in some REALLY nasty fog on Rememberance Day this past November (funny thing, we teed off at 11:12 or something close to that).

We were hitting driver off the tee, but just low zingers to try to keep some semblance of an eye on them. The first hole at that course is maybe a 350 yard par 4 and we couldn't see the people at the 200 yard marker. Burned off by 6 though, so it was alright.

🔥 Latest posts