• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

What do you plan on having in your bag for the start of the season?

Crossfire

PGA Apprentice
Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2006
Well, since im going crazy not being able to golf. I'll hoe this winter. I plan on picking these up by march or april, what do you guys plan on having?

9.5 Hibore prolaunch blue x-stiff
r7 tp 3 wood
2-3-4 Cobra Baffler stiff NV-85
5-pw cobra 3100 true temper stiff
gw,56,60 cleveland black pearl
scotty cameron newport 2.5 or yes! tracy

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
Oh boy...

R7425 10.5* GrafNT-65X
R7 St 15* GrafNT-85S
R7 St 18* Shaft to named later, probably 95G
Possible 21* hybrid - Sonartec MD w/Adila VS Proto??
Miura CB-201 4-PW- need 4iron still
Having thoughts of replacing PW and maybe 9i with Miura Tournament Blades
Wedges, still up in the air. Debating 52*- 57* setup. Could be anything from TMTP, Mizuno MP-R, or if I catch a deal hoing, Scratch, Miura ,Zodia, PRGR or even Sonartec.

Putter- would only change to a YES Tracy 2 and then only if I can get my buddy (a machinist) to put cutsom milled alignment grooves in it. More than likely just keep the one I have.

FKA19

winter ho'in
May 21, 2006
see my sig and change the shaft in the 3wood to an nvs, and add a ta2 2-iron

Johnny Par

Supporting Member
Sep 5, 2006
Thinking about demo'ing some fariway woods and possibly adding to my bag for '07 as I currently just a Nike CPR 3 wood.

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Same. My orders have been placed and everything is filled.

If a Tour Hibore came accross my path, that might make it in, but as it sits, I'm done.

(snicker....ya right!:D)

R35

Youngun5

Beware of the Phog!
Aug 26, 2004
launcher 460 ti. 9.5* , can't decide whether to hunt the original ti or the 2006.....anyone have preferences between the two?

or maybe a HiBore if i can get a steal on one

will definitely throw my YS-6+ in it either way,

gonna pick up some more Tom Watson wedges, once i do that i'll regrip every club in oversize Tour Velvets (except for putter)

Hangfire

Jan 6, 2006
Same thing that's on my sig with the possible change to a Cameron Newport 2 from the Futura...:smilie_ti

Garrett

Sep 15, 2006
Seasonal golf sucks. I like to play all year and ho all year to. Sunny So-cal

Sandpiper3

Golf Course Designer
Aug 9, 2006
Pretty much as the sig goes. Throughout next year i may be replacing worn clubs...

irons - to MP-67s, wedges will be same when replaced, and my woods/putter should be good for another year at least.

Will be in the market for a new bag soon though... I tear through golf bags:(... Been through 4 in the last 2 years, and my ping Jbag is starting to tear on me, maybe i can hold off long enough until i get into college and theyll give me a team bag.

(haha, i doubt ill be able to keep my money that long!)

emc

What would the Joker do?
Feb 4, 2006
I'm going for a new putter, Ben Hogan Bettinardi, same design as Tiger's putter. I'm also going to get a new stand bag, and maybe a new 3 wood

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
Sig, with the 13* instead of the 2 iron and 16.5 mostly.

Oh, and Rifle Flighted in the irons.

Augster

Rules Nerd
Supporting Member
Mar 9, 2005
I just did a complete overhaul this year. Sadly, I may be doing a complete overhaul over the winter to all Tom Wishon clubs. Every time I build one, it stays in the bag.

His newer woods all have GRT (graduated roll technology for the face) which gets you the face angle you wanted anywhere on the face. None of the OEM's do that. His GRT fairway woods were on the GD Hot List this year.

I am really, really hoping not to. But 3 of my 14 are already Wishons. It's a pretty slippery slope.

FKA19

winter ho'in
May 21, 2006
Exactly what's listed below except for a new 3-wood.

WBL... do you not carry wedges above the pw?
how bout picking up a few wedges and taking out the 3i so your 14 could be:
Driver
3wood
20,23* hybrids
4-pw irons
52,56 (or any combo of your choice)
putter.

huh? huh ? haha

Hangfire

Jan 6, 2006
I just did a complete overhaul this year. Sadly, I may be doing a complete overhaul over the winter to all Tom Wishon clubs. Every time I build one, it stays in the bag.

His newer woods all have GRT (graduated roll technology for the face) which gets you the face angle you wanted anywhere on the face. None of the OEM's do that. His GRT fairway woods were on the GD Hot List this year.

I am really, really hoping not to. But 3 of my 14 are already Wishons. It's a pretty slippery slope.

Pro friend of mine has just gone over to the Wishon Blades. He really likes them!

🔥 Latest posts

Members online