• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

What does it feel in your downswing?

What does it feel like when you do your downswing?

• Karate Chop

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Throwing up

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Loop

Aug 27, 2004
When you do your downswing/forward swing, what do you feel? :p

Rosmo

All around nice guy
Apr 22, 2005
I guess it would feel most like chopping wood, espcially with my irons. I always tell myself before I take a swing with my irons to hit the ball first "pinch it" instead of sweeping it, therefore I come down on the ball in what I guess you could say would resemble someone chopping down on wood.

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
I have been working for 2 years on an inside to out path. To do this i need to make my first move from the top as a drop, thus the underhand sensation.

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
It feels like i'm going to hit a golf ball. ;)

I don't have swing thoughts like that. I use "straight thru and hard" while in my waggle. Then I black out for about 45 seconds, and i'm standing over my ball with an iron in my hand. Usually in the fairway, but sometimes on someone's deck or in the trees.

Occasionally, it happens for longer, and I come to in the kitchen of a Thai restaurant. That's when I know my game is on.

R35

The master

Oct 24, 2004
I feel nothing as to feel it you have to have a swing thought and I never really have a swing thought

DaveE

The golfer fka ST Champ
Aug 31, 2004
None of the above.

I'm left handed but play righty so none of the "your downswing should feel like...", thoughts have ever made sense to me.

Maybe that's why I suck. :(

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
rockford35 said:
It feels like i'm going to hit a golf ball. ;)

I don't have swing thoughts like that. I use "straight thru and hard" while in my waggle. Then I black out for about 45 seconds, and i'm standing over my ball with an iron in my hand. Usually in the fairway, but sometimes on someone's deck or in the trees.

Occasionally, it happens for longer, and I come to in the kitchen of a Thai restaurant. That's when I know my game is on.

R35

Ok - this is just not right... I can't stop laughing. How is a guy supposed to be slacking secretly at work when he's laughing out loud like this

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Hey, not my problem. I only write the words, you're the one that interprets it.

I try my best, tho. ;)

R35

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
DaveE said:
None of the above.

I'm left handed but play righty so none of the "your downswing should feel like...", thoughts have ever made sense to me.

Maybe that's why I suck. :(

Nope. It's the clubs. Get new clubs. Maybe a driver and some wedges at minimum.

Rule Number One of Golf: It's never you, it's the clubs.

R35

Bravo

Aug 27, 2004
VtDivot said:
Ok - this is just not right... I can't stop laughing. How is a guy supposed to be slacking secretly at work when he's laughing out loud like this

You know you've found your new "home" here. The great personalities of GR reside here and visit there...

OP
L

Loop

Aug 27, 2004
longiron said:
I voted underhand. But i fear throwing up fits better.

I've got those uncontrollable urges too after I eat a hot dog.
BTW, welcome to the board longiron :)

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Loop,

You don't like hot dogs? Aw man....you just lost what little respect I had for you.

Lips and anus, together at last. Dude, you don't know what you're missin'.... :p

R35

Rosmo

All around nice guy
Apr 22, 2005
Rule Number One of Golf: It's never you, it's the clubs.

I have been living by this rule for as long as I can remember...as soon as my swing would go to shit...BOOM!!! new clubs:smilie_ti

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
Loop said:
I've got those uncontrollable urges too after I eat a hot dog.
BTW, welcome to the board longiron :)

Oh man - do I have the dogs for you mackenzies of vermont... better than the dogs at fenway. I'll trade you your Studio Stainless for a box of these beauties

Members online

No members online now.