• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

What does it mean?

cwo2lt

Mulligans-R-Us
Nov 6, 2007
wow...what the hell...I registered with the wrong screen name.

what in the living hell was I thinking

my bad guys

Stay away from drugs kids.

(This has been a public service announcement by Coach D. We think! lol)

cwo2lt

Mulligans-R-Us
Nov 6, 2007
Mine is from my Coast Guard career. I was a CWO and was appointed to LT. CWO 2 (to) LT. I actually retired as CWO4.

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
As a hobby I design "cyber" airplanes that fly in Microsoft's Combat Flight Simulator and regular (non-combat) flight simulators and have always loved the old WWII fighter planes so in the flight simulator forums took the name Warbirdlover. :) (And I hate Callaway warbirds)... :D

OP
eclark53520

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
As a hobby I design "cyber" airplanes that fly in Microsoft's Combat Flight Simulator and regular (non-combat) flight simulators and have always loved the old WWII fighter planes so in the flight simulator forums took the name Warbirdlover. :) (And I hate Callaway warbirds)... :D
I knew this before this thread(as it has come up a few times), but before that, i seriously thought you meant the callaway warbird balls...

LyleG

gear head
Aug 10, 2006
Country
Canada Canada
First name is Lyle, last name starts with G. Another one of lifes great mysteries solved.

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
JEFF...rides an F4i.

In my brilliance, I combined the two one time on the toilet(where all my great ideas come to me) and have used it ever since that fateful day, many a winter ago.

WelshGolfer

aka Grand-Master-Duff
Jun 7, 2005
......a bit of a generalization on my part.
I can prove that I am Welsh......
The way I am hitting it at the moment, it is debatable whether I can be classed as "golfer" ;)

usa1950

Divots like a 72 Playboy
Jul 15, 2007
The first great message board I encountered years ago was bigsoccer.com. Wonderful place. No doubt the Biggest and best in the world of soccer/football. Users from more countries that are in the United Nations. At that time I was reading a book about the USA Mens World Cup team who pulled off the biggest upset in the history of the World Cup, a 1-0 win over England in 1950. At that point, England was so good that they had NEVER lost a game at home... but had been playing for more than 50 years. The 1-0 scoreline coming through on the telegraph wires was thought to be a typographical error.... 10-1 was thought to be more likely. A great story about a great American team.

usa1950 became my screen-name on that site (it's as much a name as it is a wind up for the English I guess, but I've grown into it) and I've used it on most other sites to keep it simple. Bryan1950 has popped up some places. I've been at usa1950 @usa.com forever. My latest is Fowler is God... a referrence to my favorite footballer ever, Robbie Fowler of Liverpool Football Club. He was called "God" by Liverpool supporters.... a legend.

StanTheMan is used on a baseball board I frequent. I was born in St. Louis, and was shocked the Stan The Man Musial's name was still available, so I grabbed it. He's a legend as well.

So then.... soccer and baseball names here on a golf board. Sorry bout that.

Bryan

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
I needed a name for my hotmail account when I started it back in 1997 and could not use my previous name as it was already taken. At the time, I was working for what was then the world's largest airline and was planning to spend the rest of working days there until retirement so I took the 3 letter call sign and attached it to my name. UALTIM.

Well, airlines being airlines, the dream started to disappear and I decided to move on to another job but never changed the name as after 6 years I was kind of entrenched into that persona so I just keep it.

Besides, Rock still can't spell it correctly all the time so I don't want to confuse him. :D

🔥 Latest posts