• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

What driver shaft flex do you use?

What's your driver shaft flex?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
I play a stiff flex but have been having good luck with a 3-wood and hybrid with reg flex shafts. I seem to spray the ball and get more spin with a regular shaft in my driver. Splain yourselves when you vote.

Last edited:

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Transitioned almost everything to regular flex shafts over the past few years. Drivers have been "R" flex for quite a while. Have not had a very good experience with the "senior" flex in my GMax irons. Zero consistency, distance wise. And, my undeniably ugly old man's swing sure isn't up to handling "S" flex anymore.

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
The shaft in my driver is x flex.

Do I need x flex? I have no idea. I hit this driver better than any other driver I've ever hit, so I keep it. Mainly with accuracy though. I don't necessarily hit this as long as some other drivers(this driver is also 2" shorter than 'normal')...but I have a lot less problems with left/right/slice/hook issues.

The last time I was 'fitted' for a driver, was way back in the Rory or 'Indacup' days, and I believe that was a stiff flex, but I ballooned that driver so damn bad it was crazy. Spin was off the charts. It was a 12º, my current is a 9º.

TEA Time

Grumpy Gilmore
Staff member
Admin
Mar 23, 2011
Portland, Oregon
Country
Project-X stiffs in D-3-5
TT Dynamic Gold S300s in everything else

I think I need a lighter, higher kick-point shaft in my driver. I probably should also go to a 9.5° (right now is 8.5°)

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia
Stiff flex.

I was persuaded by a golf coach 10 years ago to drop back to regular flex “because you don’t get faster as you get older.”

He was wrong and he’s no longer my golf coach. Last I heard he has a job cleaning offices.

OP
warbirdlover

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
Well at the Bridgestone ball test and also the test at the Appleton golf show mine was 99-102 which is borderline regular/stiff. I like the stiff because I get less spin.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Bunch of wuss swingers in here...no wonder y'all aint on that other golf site!
Hey, all my "R" flex shafts were hand-picked by my pro from PGA Tour vans. I was told 90% of PGA players actually play "R" flex shafts. They are logo'd at the factory with "S" or "X" flex to satisfy a combination of the players' egos and for the manufacturers to sell more of the stiffer flex shafts. How else do you think those wimps on the Tour hit the ball 400 yards? It's the "slingshot" effect of those "R" flex shafts.
If everyone of you weekend hackers played "R" flex or Senior flex, golf courses across the Country would need to purchase more acreage and extend the course lengths. By keeping the flat-bellies in the stiffer flexes, it keeps the yardages under control.
This is straight from the mouth of a very good friend of one of the people I overheard at IHOP one morning. This guy was dressed in authentic PGA Tour shirt and hat I'm certain he got from the expert. Between those indisputable facts and my Tour shafts purchased from an ad on Craigs List, y'all better believe me!!!!

🔥 Latest posts