• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

what driver should i buy?

tom woods

junior
Jan 4, 2006
hi, i've been joint at my golf course for almost a year now and getting on quite well. I got some new irons (taylormade rac 0s2) for christmas which i hit great. I am now looking for a new driver. i've tried out the ping g2 and g5, taylormade r5 type n and i hit the ping g2 the best out of them which i hit great. but i would like to know any other drivers worth trying out in the price range of £100-£200. any replies would be appreciated thanks.

OP
tom woods

tom woods

junior
Jan 4, 2006
any replies in the next few hours would be appreciated because i am going to the range tomorrow. if you need anymore information about my swing then i have about and average swing speed and hit the ball about 230 yards average. thanks tom :)

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
United States United States
If the G2 works for you, I would not hesitate to buy it.

Lee14

Jan 29, 2006
I would go for the Callaway big bertha. I've had great success with it as it's very forgiving.

Rynamite

100 handicap and rising
Jan 17, 2006
I just bought a Taylormade R580 XD on ebay. It gets great reviews everywhere I look and it supposed to be very forgiving. It can be had brand new for around $100 too.

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Launcher 460 Ti.

It's so easy to hit, you could probably turn it over and hit it backwards and it would still go straight.

I have a 454 Ti in my bag that i've had success with as well.

The R7 has been a winner and a proven driver.

My current driver is a GBB II that I love.

As you can see, there are a million and one answers to your question. Your range session will tell you more than we can here.

Good luck in your search.

R35

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
Get the Original Launcher 460. It's basically free now.

bames

Purchased a better game
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2006
Utah
Country
United States United States
I've never hit anything better than my Titleist 983K.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.