• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

What driver to get?

TaylorMade

Junior Golfer
Mar 20, 2006
I need a new driver... I will have bout $120 and I'm lookin on eBay.

Here's my options:

-Cleveland Launcher 460
-Callaway ERC Fusion
-Titleist 983K
-Cobra COMP 414

Out of the 4 which is better? I am a mid-handicap at 13 years of age.

Thanks.

Youngun5

Beware of the Phog!
Aug 26, 2004
4 out of 5 people here are gonna say the launcher 460, i put myself in that group.

good luck!!

OP
TaylorMade

TaylorMade

Junior Golfer
Mar 20, 2006
Youngun5 said:
4 out of 5 people here are gonna say the launcher 460, i put myself in that group.

good luck!!

BTW: I have the driver you have now.

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
United States United States
Youngun5 said:

good luck!!
I would have bet good money that Rock would have beat you to it.

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
I played with a guy last week who had just bought an R7 425 to replace his Talylormade burner. He was simply amazed at the distance and trajectory he was getting. He was keeping right up with me distance wise in comparison to my 400cc R7. I really have no experience with anything but TaylorMade drivers so I can't really comment on anything in your price range. My best advice would be to be patient and find the best possible price on Ebay. Load up your items to watch and wait until the last minute to bid.

Youngun5

Beware of the Phog!
Aug 26, 2004
mine wouldn't be in my bag if i wasn't simply bashing the living crap out of every shot i hit with it so straight. i'm driving the ball just amazingly right now.

i still think the burner has some life left in it, once its gone i'm going for a regular R7 or a launcher 460, i'll just pull the shaft out of my burner and stick it in those, because the shaft has single handedly changed my driving. i've gained about 10 yards in carry and another 10 in roll, and i'm hitting more fairways than i ever have. i got a steal on it originally thanks to the release of the R500 series. i've already gotten my money out of it, but i just don't see any sense in changing while i'm hitting it so damn good.

AaA

Feb 22, 2005
Don't buy any of them without at least hitting them. I made a mistake when I bought the Nike Ignite without really hitting it (I had hit it at the range about a year prior). Guess what? I hated the thing. I bought a 983K. I hit it several times and loved it.

Demo, demo, demo...be patient. It will be worth it.

OP
TaylorMade

TaylorMade

Junior Golfer
Mar 20, 2006
Well yea I kinda have to be patient and the reason I'm nto demoing now is because I have a broken thumb. It sucsk really bad because I can't play untill 2 weeks from today. :mad:

BTW: :japanflag:hunter: lol JK.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.