• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

What else do you do...

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
Man I'd give anything to hear it. What kind of music do you play?
Well, I've only been playing for two years, so right now I'm still working on fingering technique, scale and chord theory, and basically not sounding retarded.

I've learned a few simple songs (Beatles, Pink Floyd, Tom Petty) but I hope to learn some basic fingerstyle as well. I'm a little late into the game to ever get good, but I practice an hour every day, and I love being able to do things I couldn't do three months ago. I'm going to try to get some sounds clips of the guitar together, but I don't have any recording gear right now.) When I do I'll send a clip your way.

I will say that a really skilled artist (JIM TOZIER » Acoustic Fingerstyle Guitar) played the guitar before it got shipped to me, and he ordered one the next day.

OP
arcartist

arcartist

Dec 17, 2008
Well, I've only been playing for two years, so right now I'm still working on fingering technique, scale and chord theory, and basically not sounding retarded.

I've learned a few simple songs (Beatles, Pink Floyd, Tom Petty) but I hope to learn some basic fingerstyle as well. I'm a little late into the game to ever get good, but I practice an hour every day, and I love being able to do things I couldn't do three months ago. I'm going to try to get some sounds clips of the guitar together, but I don't have any recording gear right now.) When I do I'll send a clip your way.

I will say that a really skilled artist (JIM TOZIER » Acoustic Fingerstyle Guitar) played the guitar before it got shipped to me, and he ordered one the next day.

That Jim Tozier Has serious skills. Never heard of him till now. Eracer, it ain't never to late to when it comes to making music. I played around with guitar off and on ever since I was a kid but I didn't get serious till about 2 years ago. I'm 53! Ha! There's a free software program called Audacity for recording. It's basic but I've heard good stuff come from it and it's free! If you get you a good mic and pre amp that's all you need. Mic the guitar at about the 12th fret plug it in to the sound card and it's done. If all you have is on board sound you might need to upgrade your card. Most on board sound doesn't process music fast enough and you have latency. Anyway I'd love to hear the clips when you get them and if you have any questions about recording maybe I can help. Then again...you may know more than me about it. That happens to me a lot! Ha!

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
Damn that is a sweet looking guitar Eracer, great pick up.

Are you going to bring it to Tn. and serenade us?

eli_yates

looking to be scratch
Nov 19, 2007
ive been playing guitar for about 6 years now. i would trade my guitar skills for more golf skills... i play basketball and go to the gym as much as i can. i like to lift weights. i run a bit... and and and and i watch a ton of movies.

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
You're an impressive guy there Eracer.

Multi-talented. Thank goodness there is TV, cause I suck at everything else but watching it.

BrandonM7

Nov 23, 2007
I bought a Jeep Wrangler a few months ago and am gradually getting into wheeling it. I've already taken it on one trail ride at Uwharrie National Forest and have found another ORV park near our beach house.

No, I will not be lifting it 6" and putting 40" tires on it. It's a daily driver and I plan to keep it that way. But, it will be getting some modifications to help it when we can take it out.

You guys think golf clubs cost money, you oughta look into an OME suspension system, a tummy tuck, and skid plates! :D

Oh, and ignore some of SilverUberXeno's comments...he SUX! ;)

Wheeling is a great way to rid yourself of any extra money you may have laying around.

ahome.lagrange.edu_tummy_jeep_richmtn914_flex2_small.jpg

If you're in the Uwharrie area check out WebWheeling.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin -- good group of guys in that general area. I'm the same username on that and pretty much any other Jeep/off-road board you may come across.

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
United States United States
Wheeling is a great way to rid yourself of any extra money you may have laying around.

If you're in the Uwharrie area check out WebWheeling.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin -- good group of guys in that general area. I'm the same username on that and pretty much any other Jeep/off-road board you may come across.
I take it the black one is yours? Looks nice! My 04 LJ is black also, with the typical chrome tube front/side/rear package from the original owner. Still stock, for now....:laugh:

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
Makes me want to load up a copy of Age of Empires :laugh:

... and I thought launching a potato cannon at unexpected audiences was a lot of fun. That would certainly be a party favorite. May be even higher on my list than Eracers Squirrel launcher. Would probably even work with squirrels :D
I found another squirrel launcher video...

Dorks - Squirrel Sling Shot

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007

I'd love to get into wheeling, I bought this with the intention of it, but every time I think about hitting the mud my common sense screams NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Big Red.jpg

🔥 Latest posts