• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

What else is there to life then...golf?

MIKE1218

Top Bloke
Dec 21, 2006
I've got a multitude of hobbies.

Golf is numero uno. I'm goin to look at a motorcycle on Thursday. I'd love to get more into photography, but I haven't found a good deal on the lense/lenses I want. Probably after I clean out my inventory of clubs. And I play my blues harp (harmonica) every day. Also dabble in the ukulele and sometimes guitar if I'm jammin with my buddies.

I also make siege weapons to scare the neighbors. :D I have a pic of my trebuchet on the site somewhere.

OP
Hackin_Away

Hackin_Away

Feb 13, 2009
Ah nice all. Yea i also love NHL/playing hockey as well. Started playin hockey when i was 5, got into goalie when i was 10. Go WINNGS!!!!!!!

I also love fishing and hunting as well....though i haven't hunted much in last few years, i still get out and shoot skeet/trap/sporting clays a couple times a month when weather/time permits. In the fall I get pretty heavy into fantasy football, run one league, and sometimes get in a few others as well, thats addicting as heck, haha. I dunno, other things i do from time to time, just not substantially enough to call a hobby.

Bakemono36

Aug 24, 2008
Family, golf, women, drinking beer, working out, mountain biking, cross-country skiing, hunting, snowmobiling, ATVing and motocross.
Family, golf and women are the only things that really matter though. The rest is just something to do to kill some time when Im not spending with family, playing golf or spending time with women.

Mr Happy

Oct 17, 2008
Family stuff, Playing golf, practicing golf, working on golf clubs, watching golf, wood working.

bryguy

May 15, 2008
For me:
1. Hunting(duck, deer)
2. Golf
3. Reading(anything)
4. Fishing

Family stuff and Church are more lifestyle to me than hobbies.

As to the Labs, my current Lab has her senior hunter title, and is on the way to getting her master hunter. I have a guy who trains her for me, as I work to much to train her to these high levels. I do try to go watch her run some of the test. Hunting over her is the best. We hunt down on Pamlico sound and around Hatteras and Ockracoke Islands a lot for divers, love to see her down there gettin the drake sprigs and big ole redheads.

xamilo

Right Curving Driver....
Supporting Member
Dec 22, 2007
1. Surgery (Yes, I do enjoy my work more than anything in life)
2. Fiance (Dinning out, clubbing, etc)
3. Golf
4. Opera

VAGolf

MHS Varsity Golf 09'
Aug 15, 2008
reading about the Civil War, studying about the Civil War, and yapping my trap about my knowledge of the Civil War

fisher

Nov 16, 2008
My first love is surfing. Golf is my addiction. Offshore fishing is a close third.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
United States United States
There is not much else to life than golf!! Isn't that why we work... to be able to afford this game? Isn't that why we are "gentlemen" to the ladies of our lives... so they will allow us the luxury of playing this game? Isn't that why most of us go to church on Saturday evenings, even if it means changing denominations.... so we can play golf on Sunday mornings? Is there anything else to life????

Of course, there's the beautiful lady who has put up with me for 42 years... kids and grandkids. I love feeding grandkids sugar and chocolate and anything that will allow our kids to experience each and every pain we did raising them!!! And, there's work. I enjoy my work. Still wonder what I want to be when I grow up. But, for 40+ years I've designed and built drinking water and wastewater facilities. When folks turn on the kitchen faucet, I've given them clean and healthy drinking water. And, when they flush the toilet, I've seen... up close and personal... what you've flushed and treated it so as it discharges into lakes and streams we can retreat it and bring it back to you in the form of good drinking water. (There's nothing more humbling than standing knee deep in raw, domestic wastewater. As you watch the tampon inserters and used condoms and undigested corn and all kinds of goodies float between your legs, it doesn't take long to understand when to keep your mouth shut!!!) I want to work until I'm 70, Good Lord willing.

The only hobby... the only addiction... is a dastardly game known as golf.

nc2tarheels

Mar 15, 2009
Not a hobby, but I work full time AND take 18 credit hours of school. That takes up 95% of my time. My gf is prego too......so golf might be on the back-burner for a while. However, I'm playing the crap out of golf right now. LOL

🔥 Latest posts