• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

What golf bag cover can I add to this bag?

littleHILL

Jul 30, 2022
Country
Canada Canada
Hello,

I just purchased an OGIO golf bag and it didn't come with a cover. What sort of cover can I get for this bag? It has no buttons to snap one on but there is a spot of velcro. Hope someone can help me. Here's some pictures. Thanks!

PXL_20220730_155336374.jpg
PXL_20220730_155341167.jpg

Splunge

Supporting Member
Apr 29, 2014
Massachusetts
Country
United States United States
Bungee cord and a garbage bag, call it a day. If the bag doesn’t come with one you’re not likely to find one that will work with it. Also FWIW the last bag I had I maybe used the rain cover twice? Once it’s already raining it’s too much of a hassle to put on, so I just drape my towel over my clubs and use an umbrella

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
This is what I use and it's awesome for rainy days. Maybe not what you're looking for.

I have used a Rain Wedge in my everyday Cart bag for years. For my travel bag I use a Seaforth because it rolls up, and takes up less space.
Rain Wedge is better if you don't mind the space it takes (coils to the inside of a big pocket).

I have used both for like 15 years, I have used a variety of OGIO bags as it is my primary travel bag (Use Sun Mountain C130's for cart bags), and either will work fine on OGIO or any bag for that matter.

Not sure what else has come out in about 10 years because I own a cart with a cover at my home course.

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
... also, the Seaforth may be preferable if you walk and carry your bag. Rain Wedge may be more awkward carrying

OP
littleHILL

littleHILL

Jul 30, 2022
Country
Canada Canada
Thanks for the comments! Looks like I have a few options to look into.

Splunge

Supporting Member
Apr 29, 2014
Massachusetts
Country
This is my method, as well. Even though I have the actual cover folded in one of the pockets, lol.
Yeah for some reason it I just a huge pain to put it on, not to mention trying to pull it up once it’s on so I can grab my driver? No thanks, I’ll just dry my clubs off at home when I’m done.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Whenever I'm traveling, I snap on the rain cover that came with the bag. Keeps the clubs from juggling out of the bag and getting bent/scratched, etc. Have used it only a couple times with rain, since I have a pull-down bag cover on my golf cart.

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
I would never use a cover that comes with a bag for rain, the only thing more ridiculous for me are the drizzle stick umbrella that go over your clubs. Used one of those for one round and threw it in the trash since no one else wanted it.

The good part about the other ones mentioned, you can easily put them on a bag prior to a round if it looks like rain and stay out of the way if it is not raining. the Rain Wedge just flips up and if you push it the other direction over the frame, it just stays behind your clubs. The Seaforth just fold back around the base of the bag, then pull it up if you need it.

Louie_T07

Sep 19, 2008
Sarnia, ON
Country
Canada Canada
Hello,

I just purchased an OGIO golf bag and it didn't come with a cover. What sort of cover can I get for this bag? It has no buttons to snap one on but there is a spot of velcro. Hope someone can help me. Here's some pictures. Thanks!

View attachment 32518View attachment 32519
That’s very strange... I have a similar looking OGIO Grom bag and that velcro between the stand legs is indeed where my rainhood attaches. I went to double check it and there are two snaps on the opposite side, but also two tabs of more velcro to attach. That said, doesn’t help you not having one and like most everyone else has already said, mine isn’t used hardly at all!!

I have a MONK rain cover, its like a raincoat for your entire golf bag. It has a similar large hood to cover your clubs, it covering my entire bag is a huge bonus.

Louie_T07

Sep 19, 2008
Sarnia, ON
Country
Canada Canada
I would never use a cover that comes with a bag for rain, the only thing more ridiculous for me are the drizzle stick umbrella that go over your clubs. Used one of those for one round and threw it in the trash since no one else wanted it.
Have a family friend that swears by his drizzle stick!! LOL

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
Have a family friend that swears by his drizzle stick!! LOL
I just went to their site to see if they changed the design since the one I bought years ago. Looks like the one is a little wider, which may help. They also created one called a Drizzlestik Drape, which looks somewhat similar to how the Seaforth works.

I know the old old ones constantly got caught on the head of my driver, and you would have to raise it, then use the flex.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.