• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

What if ?

longshot

I hear voices
Apr 3, 2005
I was playing in club team event against another local club last weekend.
The first par 3 was 178yrds so i hit a 5 iron against a slight wind the ball carried over the flag by at least 20yrds.So on the next par 3 again 178yrds but this time uphill i played a 6 iron.The ball sailed towards the stick, i say stick because the flag had slipped down and uknown to us was over the hole (we couldent see the bottom of it ).My partner said better check your wallet as all three of them were convinced it was in the hole.
When we got there it looked like the ball had run up the flag and back down to 4 inches away.I could see a slight mark on the flag.Oh well another close one again and what happens yesterday i hit the stick from 180 out on a short par 5 for a albatross then only got in 14 holes before dark and finished 3 under gross what a week for what if rounds.

EDSGolf

Aug 24, 2005
And this is why we continue to play golf.....one day it will be in the hole. I know the feeling and it is GREAT and EXPENSIVE :)

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
longshot said:
I was playing in club team event against another local club last weekend.
The first par 3 was 178yrds so i hit a 5 iron against a slight wind the ball carried over the flag by at least 20yrds.So on the next par 3 again 178yrds but this time uphill i played a 6 iron.The ball sailed towards the stick, i say stick because the flag had slipped down and uknown to us was over the hole (we couldent see the bottom of it ).My partner said better check your wallet as all three of them were convinced it was in the hole.
When we got there it looked like the ball had run up the flag and back down to 4 inches away.I could see a slight mark on the flag.Oh well another close one again and what happens yesterday i hit the stick from 180 out on a short par 5 for a albatross then only got in 14 holes before dark and finished 3 under gross what a week for what if rounds.

Sounds like you are striping it these days. See the positives...

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.