• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

What is goin on!!!!

charnockpro

Aug 25, 2005
Played saturday in a comp and shot by far my worst score of the year, i am at a loss as i felt my swing changes knitting in!!, have been reading rotella as well and that guy speaks a lotta sense.

Will soon have my playing ability test and am starting to panic, i have never had such a long run of bad form in my 13 years playing the game!! anyone else experiencing the same feelings!!!

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
charnockpro said:
Played saturday in a comp and shot by far my worst score of the year, i am at a loss as i felt my swing changes knitting in!!, have been reading rotella as well and that guy speaks a lotta sense.

Will soon have my playing ability test and am starting to panic, i have never had such a long run of bad form in my 13 years playing the game!! anyone else experiencing the same feelings!!!

What did you shoot?
What were the main weaknesses?
How is the short game? (How many putts, how many up and downs?)

The last question is the most important. If you are sucking there, then the rest is of no concern. And the biggest killer there is tension and grip pressure along with excessive head movement.

The more worried you get, the tenser you get, the more likely you will blow-up. Try relaxing, enjoying each shot as it comes and not thinking ahead too much. Swing changes take some time from the pracrice ground to the course, so don't rush it. It will come back, stronger and better than ever, but not if you are forcing it.

My 2c. Good luck.

golfer1

Aug 1, 2005
My biggest problem is too much lower body movement, i.e. dipping the knees, coming up on the shot at impact, picking the feet up during my take away, etc.

There is a good article in Golf Digest this month that talks about these problems. A cure they suggest is to try and "roll your ankles" which helps you make the necessary moves without picking up your feet. These tips as well as good posture have made a good difference in my game.

🔥 Latest posts