• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

What is the Craziest Thing You Have Ever Witnessed? ->thread

DaveE

The golfer fka ST Champ
Aug 31, 2004
WBL's story reminded me of another.

When I was a 8 or 9 I was in a tornado. We lived in a trailer at the time, (we were poor but as a kid I didn't know it) and my dad hadn't had time to install tie downs since we had just moved.

I don't remember if there was a warning siren or my mom just noticed the clouds coming our way but she took my and brother to the hallway just before it hit. We were all looking out of window and saw it coming.

We ducked just as the trailer started to turn over. It went over three times before a utility pole stopped us. My brother and I crashed through a wall and I ended up under a bed but no one was hurt except for a couple of bruises.

Bravo

Aug 27, 2004
I've told this before but it is one of the most awesome things I've ever experienced.

Was going home from golfing with sssmokin in center of Wisconsin. I live down below Milwaukee. I'm only about 20 miles south and there is this WALL of black clouds ahead (before a corner coming up to a four way stop sign in "Auroraville") with three "points" coming down. I thought I'd better keep an eye on that. Well, I got around the corner and it looks like a huge grass fire ahead. Smoke pouring off the ground and swirling. I figured I'd have to wait for fire trucks etc. I got up to the stop sign and there was no fire. It was clouds and dirt swirling around and I was in the middle of a 300 yard swirling circle. Now the light went on (3 points coming down from black cloud). Oh shit!! I just drove under a tornado!! And I DID!! I was tooling along and the road curved right which is the path this tornado (which hadn't "touched" down yet) wanted to go. So I'm driving down the highway in the middle of this swirling mass for about a mile not knowing what the heck to do. If I would have had a camera in the car I could have sold pictures to National Geographic that NO ONE has seen before!! Here was a fast moving WALL of debris and clouds and dirt ahead of me so I just floored the car and burst through it (car was on two wheels)!! I looked behind me and there was the tornado finally touching down!! There was later a police confirmation of a tornado touch down at exactly that four way stop intersection (village of Poy Sippi, Wisconsin). Talk about an adrenalin rush!!! Here's the police report....

PRELIMINARY LOCAL STORM REPORT...SUMMARY
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE GREEN BAY WI
737 PM CDT SAT JUN 04 2005

..TIME... ...EVENT... ...CITY LOCATION... ...LAT.LON...
..DATE... ....MAG.... ..COUNTY LOCATION..ST.. ...SOURCE....
..REMARKS..

0237 PM HAIL REDGRANITE 44.03N 89.09W
06/04/2005 1.75 INCH WAUSHARA WI LAW ENFORCEMENT

0255 PM TORNADO AURORAVILLE 44.04N 89.00W
06/04/2005 WAUSHARA WI LAW ENFORCEMENT

CONFIRMED TORNADO

0303 PM TSTM WND DMG 2 N POY SIPPI 44.16N 89.00W
06/04/2005 WAUSHARA WI AMATEUR RADIO

EAST SIDE OF HWY 49. TIME APPROXIMATE - BASED ON RADAR.
4-5 INCH DIAMETER TREES WITH 30 FOOT HEIGHTS

0314 PM TORNADO 2 NW BORTH 44.11N 88.93W
06/04/2005 WAUSHARA WI LAW ENFORCEMENT

CONFIRMED TORNADO NEAR 35TH AND HIGHWAY D.

0340 PM TSTM WND DMG NEW LONDON 44.38N 88.75W<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

I vote for your story as #1....nothing more need be said.

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
I had a waterspout go over the top of my boat while I was anchored 20 miles out. Can I get second place?
icon12.gif

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
LOL. Good call, WBL. ;)

Farquod

The weird thing is I completely forgot about those "points" because my mind (having never been up close to a forming tornado) told me that was a grass fire up ahead. That just boggles me how your mind works (or doesn't work :D).

And yes, doc, I am pretty lucky. If I wasn't I'd have given up golf long ago!! :D

🔥 Latest posts