• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

What is the strangest shot you have ever hit?

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
Didn't say I liked it. I, like many college age males, did many stupid things while intoxicated in college. Mostly aimed at getting laid. This did nothing to advance that cause.

Irish car bombs are fun though! :)

Splunge

Supporting Member
Apr 29, 2014
Massachusetts
Country
United States United States
They used the tobasco, he passed out from spice exposure, and was raped... Yes, he was laid with tobasco...

TrickyPutt

Banned
Banned
Jan 11, 2012
Alabama
Country
United States United States
Didn't say I liked it. I, like many college age males, did many stupid things while intoxicated in college. Mostly aimed at getting laid. This did nothing to advance that cause.

Irish car bombs are fun though! :)
That reminds me of a Photography bug that lived on the hall with the golf team. He came back with high speed photos of a junk car he blew into the air with some pipe bombs. This was about 1984, and in a rural area, so nobody went to wailing about it.

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
I once witnessed an old guy hit an impressive shot when I caddied at Shinnecock one summer. This guy was in his 70s and suffered from acromegaly (enlarged hands and feet). He was one of the (Wall Street) Solomon Bros. so he was mega-loaded. He was about 5'3" tall with these comical hands and feet.

Anyways his ball was lying down in heavy rough and he took a swing. He must have topped it, but whatever way the ball popped up, it arced about 10 ft. in the air backwards, landing 10 yards behind him. He stared at the ball and then blankly at me, it was a moment between us, man to man. There was a few seconds of silence and then I burst out laughing. He wasn't happy but man, that was one of the funniest shots I have ever seen. No idea about the physics of how it happened.

geneinnc

Jan 26, 2014
Embedded ball in face of hazard on 18. Partner in pocket. Zillion bets riding. Waded in. Hit 2 foot divot thicker than the ball.

The clump of real estate plopped a foot from the hole. I'D my ball. Par conceded. Opponents 3 jerked.

Club pro was watching and said that was the most impressive AND stupid shot he had ever witnessed.

Back in the young and indestructible days.

🔥 Latest posts