• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

What is your golf goal for this season?

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
United States United States
And no, Rock, I'm not looking for "8 months without ho'ing"! :D

What's your goal on the course? For example, mine is to consistently be in the mid - low 80's by season end. I'm currently shooting consistent low 90's since November. Prior to Nov, I hadn't played since summer of 2002.

So, how about the rest of you? Certain score? Win the club title? What?

bames

Purchased a better game
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2006
Utah
Country
Break 80. I was close many times last year, but could not seem to seal the deal. I think with a few new clubs I picked up this winter it should be possible :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: ! (That was for you Rock)

RLGC

Nov 21, 2006
I'm kinda in the same boat you are. Played all the time up until about 01 then haven't played much since then. Back when I was playing everyday i was consistently in the low to mid 80's. Hoping to improve on that and just have some fun doing it!

nm250eff

new mexico golfer
Aug 15, 2006
2007 Goal

I would love to shoot into the 70s. I was close last year but could not seal the deal. Putting is going to be my main focus for now. I went into a funk (not Fred) last fall and have just now been hitting the ball fairly well as of late.

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
Goal #1: Get my handicap index below 10. (Currently 13.1)

Goal #2: Break 80 again for the first time in a long time.

Goal #3: Get my first hole in one.

Bravo

Aug 27, 2004
My goal is to take my short game from a terrible liability to an asset. If I can do this, my handicap will drop from its current 7.9 down to about a 6 and I would be happy with that number....

NO new equipment for me - I'm going to spend my $$ on short game lessons with our staff...

SplooGe

Supporting Member
Jan 7, 2007
Get back to a 10 hcp. 80% fairways. 30 putts/18.

petersmells

Riopos
Nov 28, 2006
My goal is to make more putts. It seems that as other parts of my game have gotten better my putting has always been wicked bad. I've tried all sorts of putters and they provide a quick fix sometimes but once they start to go south I quickly sell them. Oh well, I paln on dedicating myself to the putting green before every round this season. :dead:

sandwedge

Oct 19, 2006
My goal is to consistently shoot in the 80's. I am shooting in the high 90's to low 100's now. I think my game is much better than my scores though.

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
Having just got my Handicap back down to the lowest it has been last year, after being 15.8 around 4 years ago and went all the way up to 24.9 starting the last season in the low 20's, I finished my goal last year of getting back down to where I was and finished at 14.2, dropping around 10 strokes in 3 months.

Now it is time to start up where I left off 4 years ago.
Obviously getting to single digits comes to mind, and a year ago I would have laughed but now it is in site with the current state of affairs.
I have only shot in the 70's on one course (2x75 and a few others), my old home course which was a par 68 not really a terribly difficult course if you play it alot. That was last done 4 years ago. I have been close on others, including 3 rounds at the end of last year on my current course, which is the toughest course i have played. One taking a penalty and having to tee 3 from 18 and finishing with a bogie 5 for 81 in slightly cold and inclimate weather. So that is likely my best rounds ever based on the toughness of the course. I think I have a good shot at doing so this year.

Finally, I belong to a course with a few single digit golfers, many that either do not join or play every year. For the most part the Club Championship has belonged to people that are normally better than I, but likely in the 8-12 range. Having joined this year, I will play in it next year and have certainly not ruled out winning the thing if I stay at my current pace. Towards the end of last year I certainly played a a close enough level to the current champion to at least consider the possibility. The last time I played in a Club Championship was 4 years ago, and the first round was in fact the last time I shot in the 70's, finishing the first day tieing my lowest round of 75.

Jules150

Aug 29, 2006
get my handicap down to a 4 (from a ten), drop my putts per round to 30, (from 35). And Play in some tourneys!

Sandy

Aug 29, 2006
Having been able to get from total beginner to around a 25 handicap over the last year, my goal is to get a *proper* handicap, and get it below 20. Most of the people I play with are very optimistic 18-20 handicappers, so I want to start taking them on and giving them them the odd scare when we compare scores at the end... ;)

zaphod

Jan 30, 2007
Develop a more reliable short game from 50Yds and in. 50% of time up and down. Means the chips must improve.

🔥 Latest posts