• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

What is your golf goal for this season?

Mors Ab Alto

Aug 28, 2006
1. Cut my backswing down a scoche (like about 50%)

2. Play well enough to place in the Top 3 (net) in my flite in one of the summer tournaments

3. Go back to more traditional "blade-style" irons

BrandonM7

Nov 23, 2007
Bringing back an old topic that's always good (to me, at least.)

Mine this year is to consistently not look like a moron. I did pretty good at that last year, but still had a few blow-up rounds where I just couldn't buy a decent shot. I want to refine my basics to a point where I know that even if I'm having an off day and not making any good shots, that I have a stable enough baseline I can fall back to and make it around the course with some dignity. I don't care if that dignity means shooting 105, I just want to get to a point where things don't completely fall apart one day and leave me chopping the ground and rolling balls like it's my first time on the course. Even if it means resorting back to a half swing or less some days, I want to have the mental strength (more than anything) to be willing to do that if need be. I think even pitching your way to an 8 on a par 5 is more respectable than chopping/rolling/sh***ing/cussing until you just stop keeping score.

fisher

Nov 16, 2008
My goal is to shoot even par for a full 18 hole round. The furthest I've held it so far is for 14 holes. I will be spending alot of time and effort on my short game to get there.

My other goal is to be my 9year old son's caddie and #1 fan as he continues to grow and improve. I think he's grown 3 or 4 inches taller since I shot this video back in August.

Down the middle video - Photobucket

ripped it video - Photobucket

nomar219

Jan 16, 2009
To play more with my father.

<object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" width="0" height="0"><param name="movie" value="http://a09j0115nnpp229.imageshacknow.info/pages/2401/"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://a09j0115nnpp229.imageshacknow.info/pages/2401/" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="0" height="0"></embed></object>

Esox

Supporting Member
Aug 6, 2008
Make putts. Put the Titleist blades back in the bag so I can work the ball.

My big goal is to play a lot of rounds with my wife and daughter. I'd love to see my daughter break 100 by the end of next season. She shoots around 120 now, but there's quite a few missed putts and muffed chips in that 120.

She'll be twelve in May. I hope to hook her up with a very good junior instructor who was my high school golf coach. She wants to play in some tournaments this summer so we have some work to do.

Kevin

stllefty

Dec 30, 2008
St. Louis Missouri
Country
United States United States
Back in the 60s

My goal is to contend in again National tournaments . My head is in the way right now. Another U.S. Open or something of the same.
Brain operation may be needed. Anyone know a good plumber?

mediaguru

Feb 13, 2005
I dropped from a 1 to a 2 in the 2008 season. That's like going from a 10 to a 20.

I want to get my handi down to zero and I know mostly my short game and approaches will be what make the difference. Driving and putting are very good.

Another goal is to win or place well in some state tournaments.

Bakemono36

Aug 24, 2008
My goal this year is to get better with my driver and fairway wood, especially off of the tee.
Ive always hit a big slice with those clubs and this year I want to work on that. Im not really worried about distance, I just want to be able to land my tee shots 225-250 yards out in the fairway.
Im pretty good with my short irons, wedges and putter; I just need to get better with the driver and fairway wood and I should be able to score a lot better.
Im going to experiment with a stronger grip and see what that does. Hopefully it will help me have the clubface more closed at impact and at the very least change my ballflight with the driver/fairway wood from a slice to a fade.
I fade with my irons and I hope to soon do the same with my woods.

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
I guess I'd better work on my 2007 goal before I set a new one, lol. Man, I might have gotten worse since then.

SilverUberXeno

El Tigre Blanco
Jul 26, 2005
I'd like to be able to make a run at par on any course I play. I don't mind shooting 80 if I'm missing 10-15 footers by a foot or so. But I really want to eliminate stupid mistakes.

I also want to play the HELL out of the season. I'm getting a membership, and intend to play about 4 times a week. I've got gear for just about every weather condition. I WILL play 3-4 times a week, and be at the range at least that often.

The course I'm joining is about a 3 minute drive.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.